Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1

Ls1tech,

Well I have been challenged. I met my girlfriend here at the university of texas austin, and we for the most part just sit around and "study" haha. No but mainly keep to ourselves. She is a facebooking girl, which pisses me off cuz i hate that ****, but anyways. A jock from her highschool football team who she was legitimately "just friends" with, is jealous of me dating her and somehow found out I have a camaro. I think coach's special horse crank has gone to his head. He sent her alot of messages on facebook asking about me, started running his mouth about how his car was faster, challenged me to race, and than started calling me a ***** or something? I dont even know this kid btw. I cant blame him for being jealous of me having my chick, but he's hitting below the belt now.

he has a 1995 toyota supra, claiming its "twin turbo'd" with "800 HP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to her he always talks big and has nothing to back it up, but I am going under the assumption its a single turbo supra. I think ive seen it too, and there is no way its TT.

He wants a few runs from a dig and a few from a 30 and 60 mph roll.

We arent really racing for money, I guess its just a pride thing. If he runs his mouth ill be busting his lip after the race. I just dont want to give him anything to cry about before we race so he cant blame his loss on the fact he cant see out of his windshield cuz of his fat swollen lip

I guess my question is, how fast are those things? I know supra's vary quite a bit, but im trying to get a feel for a mostly stock turbo supra, maybe intake and exhaust too at most i imagine.

I WILL be running my harris speed works 150 wet kit, and my mods are in my sig ( mainly just headers, catback, tune, smooth bellow, and a lid).

Does anyone think I'll get my *** handed to me? I did quite well on just motor the other day spinning out of the hole (12.9 @ 108) so with the bottle idk how it'll go.

Anything anyone can think of to better prepare my LS1 agaisnt Godzilla haha? I'd love to just cream the F*ck out of this moron.

Normally I dont buy into this kind of ****, but there is no way im gonna get shown up by some dousche with a jap car.

Opinions welcome, thx for reading!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

if his car is a single turbo with bolt ons and tune you got him with a 150 shot.
its possible that its TT its not hard to make 800 to the ground in a supra with a lot of money.
Haha ****** jock!!

if you can Try to find out what hes really got. i was just in austin the other day and got a ticket on the mopac! Is that the worst place to speed? Haha be carful and let us know who one.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Should this be in the bench racing forum?

Anyway... I dunno man... every time I've seen a supra its not stock lol... def run the nitrous i guess. I didn't think stock supras existed if I were you i'd get good tires so you don't spin and go from a dig
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DRs and a stall woud help.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Just tell him you're an adult, and you'll be ******* said girl while he's driving around playing with himself.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

eeh it's hard to say without knowing what he has best thing to do is new tiers and spray it that way even if he is a stock single turbo you will blow his doors off and then there is no questions asked
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bamalt1
DRs and a stall woud help.
+1 on the stall.

Just tell him you're an adult, and you'll be ******* said girl while he's driving around playing with himself.
but this is best advice

man tell that bi**h to stop messing with bois on FB anyway... :p
Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut
Old 06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

IF he really has a 95 supra with a 2jztt that has been converted to a single turbo setup, he can very easily be putting down 800 to the wheels. BTW ONE big turbo is better then 2 small ones for top end on those cars. Like I said if he has what he says he has then I would be worried, as single turbo supras with tires easily run low 11's high 10's and thats being modest.

BTW I am just talking about the car and what its capable of, the kid sounds like a *** and needs to get over w/e his problem is
Old 06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I know the supra store sells a simple bolt on kit that sells for only $1,450 and gives a supra 460hp at the crank or almost 400 at the wheels. I believe it consists of intake, exhaust, and a boost controller.

The jock sounds like a douche and I wouldn't even race him. Only way I'd race him is at the track. If he was popping off that his car was faster than mine I'd say, " Yeah, Supras are fast, I bet you'd smoke me, my car is slow." That will shut him up. I always tell people "my car isn't that fast". Then everyone is like, dude shut up your car is way fast. Reverse psychology.

Anywho, your bolt ons are giving you almost 400hp at the crank or about 350ish-360ish at the wheels, so with a 150 shot I say you hang or pull him if you end up racing from a roll. A dig is anyone's game.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

do you have a link to the sally's facebook page?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

do it. clean house. laugh as you drive off with you girl in the car. middle finger in the air. and if it just so happens to be faster than your car. say "nice car. to bad you wont be getting any tonight you impotent douche." and drive off with your girl in the car. middle finger in the air. cause either way. you win.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brians91formula
do you have a link to the sally's facebook page?
bahahahahahahaha!!!

x2.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Well, I know the supra store sells a simple bolt on kit that sells for only $1,450 and gives a supra 460hp at the crank or almost 400 at the wheels. I believe it consists of intake, exhaust, and a boost controller.

The jock sounds like a douche and I wouldn't even race him. Only way I'd race him is at the track. If he was popping off that his car was faster than mine I'd say, " Yeah, Supras are fast, I bet you'd smoke me, my car is slow." That will shut him up. I always tell people "my car isn't that fast". Then everyone is like, dude shut up your car is way fast. Reverse psychology.

Anywho, your bolt ons are giving you almost 400hp at the crank or about 350ish-360ish at the wheels, so with a 150 shot I say you hang or pull him if you end up racing from a roll. A dig is anyone's game.

I agree with you but not your math lol. If he's putting down 360 to the wheels (which I'm sure he is judging by his mods), than he is at least 420 at the crank (that's for an M6). If he's an A4 than he would need to be making over 430 at the crank in order to put down 360 or so. Either way OP. This guy is probably just shooting his mouth and is only bolt on. You'll take him without spraying if that's the case. Jmho. Either way, if you lose bust his lip, then you win again!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

a buddy of mine just sold his tt supra and it ran low 9. he dumped lots of money into it and some1 made him an offer he couldnt refuse so he sold it. so if he beats you its because he dumped ALOT more into his car than you. whats a tt supra kti go for? i think its almost 10 grand for just the kit. your average high school jock cant do this install. just tell him stop hating and send him a video of you gettin a bj from your girl haha
Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greezy
just tell him stop hating and send him a video of you gettin a bj from your girl haha
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Tell him how much she loves your facials, it will ruin every thought he ever had about her trust me lol
Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

even better pull up to the race with her blowing you then when you pull up next to him have her raise up
Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by greezy
just tell him stop hating and send him a video of you gettin a bj from your girl haha

^^^
+1!!!!

And as for the race, honestly you should be good with a shot. I know damn well you'll be good from a dig because supra's compared to ls1's have no chance from a dig. On a roll is a quite a bit different because you never know if he has that single huge turbo to where you might be screwed because he'll spool like a mother. All in all, I believe you'll have him good even without the shot!

Do work!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just brush that wimp off your shoulder. Whats the point of this? Whether you win or lose, you still got ur lady. Why bother?

Quick Reply: Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1