Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

questions about 4Vs

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009 | 10:43 AM
Banned

Default questions about 4Vs

hey guys i have a 2000 trans am with headers that puts out around 280rwhp. my first pass was a 15.7 but i gradually got better to bust out a 13.5@105 on street tires. pretty impressive if you ask me

any ways theirs a couple local dumbass ford owners that want to run me and after i get new tires next week i want to run them. just wondering how close it'll be

i personally think their all talking out of their ***, expecsailly an 03/04 cobra in the 9s with a "kb?" and he claims his motor is stock, ya OK lmfao. thiers also a GT claiming he runs 12s with a stock motor. this kids are idiots

so anyways heres what im up against........
97 cobra with full exhuast, 411s, cold air intake, and noss. he says he has alot of suspension and his car is lighter then stock late 90s cobras but i dont think thats going to change anything. the douche bag thinks hes running 11s at the track without even using his nos! WHAT A JOKE rofl. he thinks his car lifts the front wheels because of his suspension but i know its just becuase he has slicks on

so the cocky little ***** wants to race me motor vs motor. how bad am i going to beat this dumb ford owner?

i dont get why these lil 4.6 **** think they can take my 5.7. typical ford guys

Last edited by 1nasty2000TA; 06-17-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2009 | 11:26 AM
On The Tree

You should win! And as far as a 9s cobra with just a kb. It may be a 2v with so many impostors riding around.

Last edited by BlackHawk256; 06-17-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1nasty2000TA
hey guys i have a 2000 trans am with headers that puts out around 280rwhp. my first pass was a 15.7 but i gradually got better to bust out a 13.5@105 on street tires. pretty impressive if you ask me

any ways theirs a couple local dumbass ford owners that want to run me and after i get new tires next week i want to run them. just wondering how close it'll be

i personally think their all talking out of their ***, expecsailly an 03/04 cobra in the 9s with a "kb?" and he claims his motor is stock, ya OK lmfao. thiers also a GT claiming he runs 12s with a stock motor. this kids are idiots

97 cobra with full exhuast, 411s, cold air intake, and noss. he says he has alot of suspension and his car is lighter then stock late 90s cobras but i dont think thats going to change anything. the douche bag thinks hes running 11s at the track without even using his nos! WHAT A JOKE rofl. he thinks his car lifts the front wheels because of his suspension but i know its just becuase he has slicks on

so the cocky little ***** wants to race me motor vs motor. how bad am i going to beat this dumb ford owner?

Not to be mean...but....I think you really have no idea wtf you are talking about.

There have been 2.2 KB cobras in the 9s at mid 130's. The right suspension will get it there. More commenly will be mid-low 10s though. And those motors are forged from the factory. They have seen 800 hp with no issues. Just make sure it is tuned, and has the fuel, and everything is good.

Second bolded part....4 valve mod motors LOVE gears...full exhaust, intake, and gears, mixed with suspension and weight reduction...I can see 11s. Hell, there is a member on this site running 11's at 115 or so with a N/A 4v Cobra.

Also, what set up of "NOS" are they running? NOS dry shot, TNT wet shot, Harris DP? Or you are just using NOS as the term for Nitrous, in which...you make yourself look like a F&F Tool yourself...
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is not Nos, its nitrous. Nos is a brand. You sound like you watched too much Fast and Furious.

A 03/04 Cobra can make a **** load of HP on the stock motor, and run some really fast times.

13.5 @105 with bolt on's is not "pretty impressive." Thats what you should run bone stock.

That being said, I have no idea what a 97 Cobra should run, but he is not in the 11's with out n2o.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Second bolded part....4 valve mod motors LOVE gears...full exhaust, intake, and gears, mixed with suspension and weight reduction...I can see 11s. Hell, there is a member on this site running 11's at 115 or so with a N/A 4v Cobra.
First of all you beat me to it by 1 second.

Second of all, this car would have to be a tin can to run 11's. I just don't see these times happening very often.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha
sit back and read before posting please
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J

Second of all, this car would have to be a tin can to run 11's. I just don't see these times happening very often.
Not very often no..but can be done. Slicks, weight reduction, gears...it is possible. Driver/track dependent obviously.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Not very often no..but can be done. Slicks, weight reduction, gears...it is possible. Driver/track dependent obviously.
I am not arguing that good sir.

Anyways, all I am saying is that the OP needs to do a little research before posting up and looking like a dumb ***. Unfortunately I only see more and more of these kinds of posts to come as these cars get cheaper.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Bitemark46 has done it consistently for a while now in his '98.
OP, you've got a lot to learn.
Old 06-17-2009 | 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
As I said man, I know that its possible. I was just saying the car has to be a tin can. You just don't see that many NA 4V's in the 11's period.

No one said it was impossible.
Old 06-17-2009 | 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

hey guys i have a 2000 trans am with headers that puts out around 280rwhp.Only 280rwhp with headers? Something isn't right there. my first pass was a 15.7 but i gradually got better to bust out a 13.5@105 on street tires. pretty impressive if you ask me
I had a better stock time in a STOCK V6 Mustang (15.07) and 13.5 @ 105 is what you should be doing stock, if not better.

Like AznMuscle said, there are many Cobra's in the 9's with a KB blower. All it takes is an auto and solid rear axle swap with a decent suspension and tire. GT's can run 12's stock engine very easily, some have done it with as little as an intake and tune.
1.) It's called nitrous, not noss.
2.) Those mods with a good driver are more than capable of basement 12's to high 11's.
3.) Why do you think everybody is a douche bag when everything you have said here is entirely possible?

Sounds like you're the "cocky little *****" with the next statement you make.
Responses in bold....don't come in here acting like Billy ******* badass. Even the most hardcore LS1 guys know what the Cobra is capable of....even if they don't want to admit it .
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Responses in bold....don't come in here acting like Billy ******* badass. Even the most hardcore LS1 guys know what the Cobra is capable of....even if they don't want to admit it .
I sent this link to Pony, but he hasn't gotten it yet I guess. So we had to step up to the plate lol.

OP...Just read and learn before you start spouting out bullshit that you know NOTHING about. And...half the mods on this site have had, or still own, a cobra. You don't want your visit to end that shortly now do you?
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

I am not arguing that good sir.

Anyways, all I am saying is that the OP needs to do a little research before posting up and looking like a dumb ***. Unfortunately I only see more and more of these kinds of posts to come as these cars get cheaper.
Dude, honestly our site is starting to look like Honda forums with all this n00b **** coming out of the wood work. Its scaring me.
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:29 PM
Banned

he told me about him and showed me a vid. its a red cobra rite? i dont belive it!!!!

that car has nitrous. anybody can post a video and claim to be all motor. their simply is no way a little 4.6 can get in the 11s without a supercharger
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackHawk256
You should win! And as far as a 9s cobra with just a kb. It may be a 2v with so many impostors riding around.
by how much? hes offering me a couple car lengths and offered to let me take off first but i think it should be the ohter way around rite??????

i got a ******* ls1. he has a **** stang

and this other kid claims to have run a mid 13@107 with his gay *** gt. he just has like exhuast and gears or somebull **** like that

no ******* way hes running as good of times as me!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1nasty2000TA; 06-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:37 PM
Banned

It is not Nos, its nitrous. Nos is a brand. You sound like you watched too much Fast and Furious.

A 03/04 Cobra can make a **** load of HP on the stock motor, and run some really fast times.

13.5 @105 with bolt on's is not "pretty impressive." Thats what you should run bone stock.

That being said, I have no idea what a 97 Cobra should run, but he is not in the 11's with out n2o.
yea well i had street tires on. if i had slicks id be in the 12s
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

yea well i had street tires on. if i had slicks id be in the 12s
Our cars have gone 12's at 108 bone stock. Paper filter and shitty Eagle F1 tires. Either driver mod, or go to a better track. If someone can't get into 12s in a ls1 f body on slicks (granted if the 10 bolt holds) they should sell it, or move the **** out of the mountains.
Old 06-17-2009 | 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

he told me about him and showed me a vid. its a red cobra rite? i dont belive it!!!!

that car has nitrous. anybody can post a video and claim to be all motor. their simply is no way a little 4.6 can get in the 11s without a supercharger
I don't give a **** what you believe, and I'm pretty sure nobody else does either. Guys like him have earned their keep around here and know what the **** they are talking about, unlike you sir. There is more than just him in the 11's NA.

God I wish I could ban based on pure stupidity
Old 06-17-2009 | 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

by how much? hes offering me a couple car lengths and offered to let me take off first but i think it should be the ohter way around rite??????

and this other kid claims to have run a mid 13@107 with his gay *** gt. he just has like exhuast and gears or somebull **** like that

Oh my god you are a ******* idiot. Please go join another forum to ruin.

Anyone can run as good of times as you because its apparent that you don't know how to drive.

How old are you?
Old 06-17-2009 | 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Considering they have gone 13.4 @ 105 BONE STOCK, your argument is totally bunk. Shut your mouth, keep your finger off the "Post Reply" button and read up on what is going on in the real world.