Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

I got called out vs a gt500

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sway99bird
That was a good race man, and I like mustangs just 03/04 cobra's and any 5.0's anything else sucks big donkey ***** !!!! hahahaha
No mach or New Edge N/A cobra love?
Originally Posted by lemons12
O, please.. Go back to your Ford forums!

I'll be over there in a bit to chat it up with you guys!

hurry up.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
No mach or New Edge N/A cobra love?

hurry up.
This thread is hilarious ! Oh how I love LS1tech "vs" threads...roflmao
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbob
This thread is hilarious ! Oh how I love LS1tech "vs" threads...roflmao
Yep.

It's funny. One one hand, IDC if they respect them cause one day they'll get their *** handed to them via ignorance. ON the other, it just gets old to hear ignorant comments from people that dont' want to take the time to respect another sports car, or at least find out factual information on ti.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Yep.

It's funny. One one hand, IDC if they respect them cause one day they'll get their *** handed to them via ignorance. ON the other, it just gets old to hear ignorant comments from people that dont' want to take the time to respect another sports car, or at least find out factual information on ti.
It's common knowledge mustags are slow, especially against something GM made.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ke^in
*shakes head*

So about how the gt500 lost... How did you think a heavier car with less power would win? The brand new almighty super-snake ran a 12.8 vs the new camaro's 12.9. The gt500 is a huge waste of money, I would much rather have an 03-04 cobra any day.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol theres no point in arguing this, this thread is going to turn into a mustang vs fbody fight.. and the fbodies always win ahahaha. Alot of mustang drivers as someone said in here are cocky arrogant idiots who think they're 14second mustang gt is the fastest car in the world, the new mustangs are a waste of money, the old ones are a waste, the only ones that are awesome cars is the cobras from 03 and 04. Everyone knows this, respect is given when it's earned, and im pretty sure those cobras earned the respect of alot of gm fans not just ford, where as the other mustangs.. didn't quite make it.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPCrazyLegs

So about how the gt500 lost... How did you think a heavier car with less power would win? The brand new almighty super-snake ran a 12.8 vs the new camaro's 12.9. The gt500 is a huge waste of money, I would much rather have an 03-04 cobra any day.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tur...-gt500-8s.html

Stock long block running 8s yep.

At least acknowledge the motor for what it is, regardless of price, or the car surrounding it.

Same goes for you fccs.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fccs
lol theres no point in arguing this, this thread is going to turn into a mustang vs fbody fight.. and the fbodies always win ahahaha. Alot of mustang drivers as someone said in here are cocky arrogant idiots who think they're 14second mustang gt is the fastest car in the world, the new mustangs are a waste of money, the old ones are a waste, the only ones that are awesome cars is the cobras from 03 and 04. Everyone knows this, respect is given when it's earned, and im pretty sure those cobras earned the respect of alot of gm fans not just ford, where as the other mustangs.. didn't quite make it.
BUT, there are some people out there who love the look of the GT500, OR are ford fans and want a stock 12 second car, i mean it runs 12's and has a factory warranty. that right there is worth alot to alot of people. and Pony, dude i am actually grateful you kicked my *** and made be lose my GM blindness, I'm actually looking for a clean 03-04 cobra to park next to my 408 camaro and TBSS.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Launching!

and as for the GT's, i mean Ford has a good marketing team, they are the only american company not taking money from the Gov. they knew a cheap car the looked nice and felt peppy would sell. and they were right. is it fast? HELL NO. but for a large majority of ford and mustang fans its priced in a range they can afford.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by theguyulove2hate
You should beat him easy. If he is a auto find out what mph he wont down shift at and run him from there.
Ricer quote if I've ever seen one... Let's just cheat so I can garantee the win.

Regardless, I beat one with my lt1, so you should be good man
Old 08-22-2009, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS
Ricer quote if I've ever seen one... Let's just cheat so I can garantee the win.

Regardless, I beat one with my lt1, so you should be good man

12.97 @ 108.9 on a 1.944 60' (12.6 @ 111 corrected)
12.89 @ 109.1 on a 1.920 60' (12.6 @ 111 corrected)

did he know you were racing?

i believe they trap in the mid teens..
Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you seriously just post a magazine time?.......WOW...stellar ricer move there big guy.

I'd REALLY hate for you to run into a shelby with a KB/WHipple swap.
ROFLMAO!!!...you're pathetic. Your statements are extremely ignorant. Let me get this straight all mustangs are 14 sec cars except for the 03/04 cobras?.......ROFLMAO.

So....wow...I guess what you're saying is, the LS and LT fbodies are junk too. I mean..if all other cobra's are junk and the mach 1s are junk....oh, and the saleen's, saleen cobra's, Roushes are all junk then.......yep Fbod's suck too.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Did you seriously just post a magazine time?.......WOW...stellar ricer move there big guy.

I'd REALLY hate for you to run into a shelby with a KB/WHipple swap.
ROFLMAO!!!...you're pathetic. Your statements are extremely ignorant. Let me get this straight all mustangs are 14 sec cars except for the 03/04 cobras?.......ROFLMAO.

So....wow...I guess what you're saying is, the LS and LT fbodies are junk too. I mean..if all other cobra's are junk and the mach 1s are junk....oh, and the saleen's, saleen cobra's, Roushes are all junk then.......yep Fbod's suck too.

Actually its a video, feel free to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY If the shelby gt500 cost about 20,000 dollars less, maybe it would be more respected. It does not. What are you really paying for ? If someone has the answer please tell me. The only thing I ever hear about is "oh but a blower swap actually makes this car serious!". You can put money into anything and make it fast. Pair it up against something of similar or equal price like c6z and tell me whats better about the gt500.

Last edited by JPCrazyLegs; 08-23-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the look of mustangs.. it the price and arrogant drivers that have them that brings them down. Ok.. so yea I can get a gt500 with a warranty and its a 12second car...or for that same round about price I can find a c6 z06 and have a warranty on a car that can dip into a high 10 on slicks. Which do you choose smart ***? And the only mustangs I have seen stock that can dip into the 12s are the gt500, the cobras, and thats it. All the ones with a supercharger basically. Don't get all pissy ponygt and just accept the fricken fact that mustangs arent up to par with what they cost and what they offer. A mach 1 is a awesome car..but it isnt a threat like a cobra would be, they're a good race against a stock fbody. How much was the mach 1 when it came out? I bet it was more then the fbody..

And to the video above, that is a point why people say the gm muscle cars are better then ford. It's comparable to a fricken 2010 camaro which costs so much less then the car. THAT, is pathetic. Get your facts straight before you start putting words in peoples mouths and trying to stickup for cars that don't live up to the hype.

And ponygt your the one who keeps making this a fight, I don't get why you mustang guys can't just accept it when you loose or you have a car that's slower. Whenever I race a mustang it's always like ******* 5-10races because you guys can't just ACCEPT THAT YOU LOST, I don't care im still friends with those people and they're great to be around but common.. man

Last edited by fccs; 08-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually its a video, feel free to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY If the shelby gt500 cost about 20,000 dollars less, maybe it would be more respected. It does not. What are you really paying for ? If someone has the answer please tell me. The only thing I ever hear about is "oh but a blower swap actually makes this car serious!". You can put money into anything and make it fast. Pair it up against something of similar or equal price like c6z and tell me whats better about the gt500.
UMMM..ok..sorry, MAGAZINE VIDEO. That better?

What do you get?....it's called out of box potential and resell value. Not to mention, some people have different tastes. The GT500 is a respectable car. It's that simple...and a C6Z..really? I didn't know you could get one off the showroom floor for $45-50k. Please, show me where that is. base C6, sure, C6Z..not around here. I can walk into a Ford dealership and pick up a SHelby for sticker right now.

I love the look of mustangs.. it the price and arrogant drivers that have them that brings them down. Ok.. so yea I can get a gt500 with a warranty and its a 12second car...or for that same round about price I can find a c6 z06 and have a warranty on a car that can dip into a high 10 on slicks. Which do you choose smart ***? And the only mustangs I have seen stock that can dip into the 12s are the gt500, the cobras, and thats it. All the ones with a supercharger basically. Don't get all pissy ponygt and just accept the fricken fact that mustangs arent up to par with what they cost and what they offer. A mach 1 is a awesome car..but it isnt a threat like a cobra would be, they're a good race against a stock fbody. How much was the mach 1 when it came out? I bet it was more then the fbody..

And to the video above, that is a point why people say the gm muscle cars are better then ford. It's comparable to a fricken 2010 camaro which costs so much less then the car. THAT, is pathetic. Get your facts straight before you start putting words in peoples mouths and trying to stickup for cars that don't live up to the hype.

And ponygt your the one who keeps making this a fight, I don't get why you mustang guys can't just accept it when you loose or you have a car that's slower. Whenever I race a mustang it's always like ******* 5-10races because you guys can't just ACCEPT THAT YOU LOST, I don't care im still friends with those people and they're great to be around but common.. man

Kid, I'll make Jason's job easy and give simple replies.

1) See above about C6Z vs. Gt500 and pricing. I've already proved it in the past.
2) leave your brand loyalty crap out of these threads.
3) Leave that Ricer talk outside.
4) I keep making this a fight?..UM NOPE. a) you and others' ignorant brand loyal comments are. b) there are two (maybe three) of you that are saying what you are....but there are also LS1 guys that disagree with you....because they're realistic.
5) I know my way around mustangs. it is VERY CLEAR you do not. Your ignorance is laughable.
6) As ricer as it is, I'll answer your Q. Machs were $29,500 sticker.
7) As I stated, if any mustang but Cobra's are slow, then so are stock LS's. Including some Ybody's. Going off of your mentality. So, congrats on owing a slow car. And your mods mean nothing, because an A/M blower means nothing on a GT500 right? DO YOU understand how retarded you sound now?

Freshen up on your mustang knowledge kid. You wont' look so 'un-intelligent' next time.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pony wins.

There are MANY models of mustangs that will give fbodies a run for there money, if not beat them..

Have not been following closely.. but... i would probably take a GT500 before a new camaro.. i would take a C6Z hands down over either one no questions asked..
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Cool, another Chevy vs Ford thread.

Quick Reply: I got called out vs a gt500