Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2002 Camaro SS vs. 2006 Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 Camaro SS vs. 2006 Evo MR

My 2002 Camaro SS M6 with LT headers,3inch trual duals with x-pipe no cats,ported TB,SLP 85mm MAF,K&N filter and dyno tune 350hp to wheel they never could get a reading for the torque.But before it got dyno tune it had 339hp and 376lbs torque so I dont know how much torque I have now.Anyway I am going agains a 06 Evo MR stock turbo says it is pushing 350 do yall think I can win?I also just put new Nitto Invo tires on the back and I have a centerforce dual clutch.Thanks.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Wrong section...
You want the 'Dyno and bench racing forum' section of the 'Website Activity Forums.'

Anyway... If you are racing from a dig then you better hook up because he won't have any problem doing so. He very well could be making 350 to the wheels on the stock turbo, but its odd that they couldn't get your torque numbers during your dyno tune (I'd be a little pissed). If you go from a roll then it will probably be a driver's race with a reasonable edge to you.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Wrong section...
You want the 'Dyno and bench racing forum' section of the 'Website Activity Forums.'

Anyway... If you are racing from a dig then you better hook up because he won't have any problem doing so. He very well could be making 350 to the wheels on the stock turbo, but its odd that they couldn't get your torque numbers during your dyno tune (I'd be a little pissed). If you go from a roll then it will probably be a driver's race with a reasonable edge to you.

Amen
Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Launching!

what i have found from experience it that the evo drivers i have ran into dont know how to launch their cars. most of the ones i have ran bog off the line, and lose any advantage they had. dont get me wrong "IF" they can launch you better watch out, but they have to be willing to leave at a pretty decent rpm to take advantage of the nice grip advantage they have.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro SS vs. 2006 Evo MR