Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

How much did you pick switching to DR's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much did you pick switching to DR's?

I have a bolt on A4 car with 3.73's and street tires and ran a 12.9x @ 110 mph. The 60ft was like 2.05 or so. Just wondering what kind of gains other people have had by throwing on a tire on a bolt-on car.

If I got something I would probably use my stock 16" rims and get some M/T ET Streets Radials for them. Not sure what size most people get but I'm guessing 255/50/16 is the widest tire for the stock 16" rims? Or is that just the most common size people got with?

Anyway what will my car run with DR's instead of my BFG KDW's. Also have adjustable LCA's and PH bar, relo brackets, and SFC's.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12.6's or so if your rear end does not snap, that is figuring a 1.7 60 foot. Really need a stall to go with them to get the times down but then the rear is still the weak link.

Id just call M/T up and tell them your combo and see what they recomend.

Id stay away unless you have the money for a new rear.... or at least go to the track when it is not prep'd...

You are kind of limited on the 60 times untill you get more suspension, stall, rear... I know there are guys that have run a 1.8 with what you have so even a 12.7 would be doable.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A stall is on the list, but I figured I'd need DR's to take advantage of the stall. I guess the one thing that is keeping be from getting DR's is the whole 10-bolt deal. In a way I'm trying to talk myself into either getting the DR's or just using the $400+ and spending it on something like a FTRA, a new grille, and whatever else.