Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

slightly modded 00' camaro SS vs a 08' Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slightly modded 00' camaro SS vs a 08' Charger R/T

I just got a week ago a 2000 Camaro SS M6 with Bassani headers + catted Y, and factory SLP short shifter. Of course the first thing I did was post up some pictures on facebook. Anyways this kid at my school who has a stock 2008 Charger R/T automatic says that his car could kill mine. He said that the reason why Chevy stopped making the Camaro is because they all sucked really bad and couldn't keep up with the chargers (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they made chargers in 2002) and Mustangs. I told him he has no idea what he is talking about and that the Camaro is a fast car, but his car was pretty fast too. He then told me to stop trying to kiss *** and to race him, if I was man enough. There is a wide and long strip of road that's kind of curvy in a canyon going up to a place called the Highlands that he wants to race me on. Do you think I can take him?
Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If the car is a RT the guy must be on drugs or be a retard. You have nothing to worry about. The 5.7 HEMI is a good motor making HP nearly as high as a stock LS1...what kills him? The weight! Its a pig! If it was a SRT8 with some bolt ons it will be a whole another story.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

If you can drive, you are going to **** on him.

Those R/Ts are embarassing.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lmao I though this was a challenger srt8 for some reason.. a charger uh yea, especially a RT charger, you would rape without lube. Even stock you would beat him
Old 09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put it on a vid.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Uh..he has a mid 14 sec car.

I wouldn't race him on a curvy road in a canyon though.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's probably one of those ********* who will leave his car in drive, you don't even have to sweat it. I say you'll pull on him by 5 lengths or more lol

You: "Hey I'm starting off in second, what gear are you in?"
Him: "I DONT KNOW!!!"

rofl
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bman49
I just got a week ago a 2000 Camaro SS M6 with Bassani headers + catted Y, and factory SLP short shifter. Of course the first thing I did was post up some pictures on facebook. Anyways this kid at my school who has a stock 2008 Charger R/T automatic says that his car could kill mine. He said that the reason why Chevy stopped making the Camaro is because they all sucked really bad and couldn't keep up with the chargers (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they made chargers in 2002) and Mustangs. I told him he has no idea what he is talking about and that the Camaro is a fast car, but his car was pretty fast too. He then told me to stop trying to kiss *** and to race him, if I was man enough. There is a wide and long strip of road that's kind of curvy in a canyon going up to a place called the Highlands that he wants to race me on. Do you think I can take him?

I don't know who is on crack more, you for thinking about racing someone on a curvy road or him for racing you when a better match would be against a V-6 F-bod haha. Uh oh... I mentioned V-6 and racing........ I hope that does not offend someone.... Funny that a V-6 would run with a "muscle car"

Hopefully it is not a de badged SRT-8 and not moded.....

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 09-01-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Please get this on video.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Teching In

lol alright I will and the said road isn't that curvy and the curves are are long sweeping turns and there are not that many. Lol also this kid with a 2000 V6 mustang that has new mufflers and a body kit + new spoiler, who tells everyone that his car was worth 50 grand, but he bought it for 30 (which he did which is a rip off), is who I really want to race. He talked so much **** about my old little car. Lol that race is truly gonna be awesome. My school is pretty much filled with these kids who think they can race because they own nice cars like the 328i and the G35, but have done nothing to them and don't know how to race. This year is gonna be filled with epic awesomeness.

EDIT: This is the said road where he wants to race. This is probably the best place to race around where I am because it's the only place where there are not many cars and cops.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

lol alright I will and the said road isn't that curvy and the curves are are long sweeping turns and there are not that many. Lol also this kid with a 2000 V6 mustang that has new mufflers and a body kit + new spoiler, who tells everyone that his car was worth 50 grand, but he bought it for 30 (which he did which is a rip off), is who I really want to race. He talked so much **** about my old little car. Lol that race is truly gonna be awesome. My school is pretty much filled with these kids who think they can race because they own nice cars like the 328i and the G35, but have done nothing to them and don't know how to race. This year is gonna be filled with epic awesomeness.

EDIT: This is the said road where he wants to race. This is probably the best place to race around where I am because it's the only place where there are not many cars and cops.

Go to the track... you will live longer.............. f-bodies and curves don't mix........ I almost trashed my 96 taking a rather long sweeping curve...... curves are a lot tighter then you think when you are going fast.........

Tell him to meet you at the track... that way you both will know you will go home alive, ticket free, or jail free.....
Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Uh the closest track is over an hour away, but I do know a place that is exactly a 1/4 mile between stop signs and no traffic at certain times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Uh the closest track is over an hour away, but I do know a place that is exactly a 1/4 mile between stop signs and no traffic at certain times.
My track it about 30 minutes away and the closet hooking hard tracks that are 1/4 are about 2.5-3 hours away........

If it is a 1/4 between stop signs then that means you would have to blow the next stop sign????

$150 here alone for blowing a stop sign...

Most street races would not go to the track even if it was 5 minutes away and just go to get a time and that is it...... all well... I thought you CA guys had some really strict street racing laws? A local who came from there said cars get impounded and crushed all the time for racing........... He was from your area. Worth the risk I guess?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
My track it about 30 minutes away and the closet hooking hard tracks that are 1/4 are about 2.5-3 hours away........ still go...

If it is a 1/4 between stop signs then that means you would have to blow the next stop sign????

$150 here alone for blowing a stop sign...
yeah that's true, I guess if they refuse or call me a ***** I will just tell them that, if they won't race me at the track they're too scared to lose or something like that.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

yeah that's true, I guess if they refuse or call me a ***** I will just tell them that, if they won't race me at the track they're too scared to lose or something like that.
Have both meet you at the track and get a pool going, all three throw some money into a hat, winer takes all, easy money for you as long as you don't break. If they are that confident each person throws in at least $50... Everyone goes home safe and you have at least $100 in your pocket.... have some of their buddies that are slow get in on it also... just make sure there is someone there not racing that will hold the money and make sure they have it before everyone races...

Nice pay day.

Just not worth getting killed or watching your car get crushed.

Better yet unless they are broke see how confident they are and say $100 or more...

There is a local Supra that used to talk some serious trash to a Viper that at the time did not have a lot of work done... Viper owner has a lot of money and later put 23k down on the next race..... lets just say the supra driver had that kind of money but was not that confident in his car to risk 23k hahaha.

The track does not lie, if it says you lost you lost... on the street if it is close then it turns into a guessing game.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Have both meet you at the track and get a pool going, all three throw some money into a hat, winer takes all, easy money for you as long as you don't break. If they are that confident each person throws in at least $50... Everyone goes home safe and you have at least $100 in your pocket.... have some of their buddies that are slow get in on it also... just make sure there is someone there not racing that will hold the money and make sure they have it before everyone races...

Nice pay day.

Just not worth getting killed or watching your car get crushed.

Better yet unless they are broke see how confident they are and say $100 or more...

There is a local Supra that used to talk some serious trash to a Viper that at the time did not have a lot of work done... Viper owner has a lot of money and later put 23k down on the next race..... lets just say the supra driver had that kind of money but was not that confident in his car to risk 23k hahaha.

The track does not lie, if it says you lost you lost... on the street if it is close then it turns into a guessing game.
Actually that's an awesome idea because there are tons of rich kids at my school with nice but slow cars, and they're all really cocky. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Actually that's an awesome idea because there are tons of rich kids at my school with nice but slow cars, and they're all really cocky. Thanks!
Take some buddies with you.... people tend to get mad when they loose money..... If you are blowing someones doors off ease off some to make it look closer..... next guy thinks he can take you not knowing you eased off the throttle some........

Never show all the card's in your hand... If they want to see you make some test hits make sure they are "less then impressive" Like... a 15 sec run for the V-6 and Charger guy haha. Just shift from second to 6th or something haha.

WHne you win and they complain just tell them they never said you had to make a fast pass.......

Never win by more then you have to
Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Take some buddies with you.... people tend to get mad when they loose money..... If you are blowing someones doors off ease off some to make it look closer..... next guy thinks he can take you not knowing you eased off the throttle some........

Never show all the card's in your hand... If they want to see you make some test hits make sure they are "less then impressive" Like... a 15 sec run for the V-6 and Charger guy haha. Just shift from second to 6th or something haha.

WHne you win and they complain just tell them they never said you had to make a fast pass.......

Never win by more then you have to
Hahaha you sir are an awesome sneaky bastard, thanks for the advice! I would ask you to be my friend, but I have a feeling that you will end up making me give you my car for beater truck.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with Juiced on going to the track.

Oh, and I don't think even teh V6 Roushes were $30k. I HIGHLY doubt he paid even $20k for it...Unless it was a brand new Roush STG1 V6 New edge.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha you sir are an awesome sneaky bastard, thanks for the advice! I would ask you to be my friend, but I have a feeling that you will end up making me give you my car for beater truck.
Find out what they are willing to put into the hat but be cool and down to earth about it. If it is 200 and you have 200 to spare incase you break then go for it. Play it smart.... if you are beating one guy by a bunch then eash up and let him catch up but not a lot... just enough so that he can tell everyone else he was pulling you in... don't watch them like a hawk though... that is dangerous... use you peripheal vision. 3 car lengths is one thing.......... blowing someones doors right off is not what you want to do because then the others will try and back out....

Make sure the Charger is not a debadged SRT-8 (can tell by the wheels or the brakes, STR-8's have brembo's). Make sure you put a good tune up on your cal also... good plugs, clean air filter and all.. I did this to my LT1 and it really woke it up. Id even run some seafoam threw the vacum system (follor the directions) and te fuel system to help it out some... ti works great on my stuff..

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I agree with Juiced on going to the track.

Oh, and I don't think even teh V6 Roushes were $30k. I HIGHLY doubt he paid even $20k for it...Unless it was a brand new Roush STG1 V6 New edge.
I have heard and seen guys pay way to much for a car.... There was a well known past sponsor on here years ago that got an LS1 Forumula 6 speed with body damage and over 100k miles for like 18k........... a lot of people laughed at that one.... he said "the dealer said it was a good deal". I even had a used car lot try and hustle me into a 97 SS for 10k... has 85k miles, not fully loaded, had a few issues, missing the car cover and all... I passed and so did a friend of mine haha.

Quick Reply: slightly modded 00' camaro SS vs a 08' Charger R/T