Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

02 z28 vs mach 1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been there and done the stock mach 1 vs. z28 and the z won hands down and the guy in the mustang was a better driver then me, so there it is. oh we also ran after i got my heads done and a cam with him on a 125 shot and........ again z hand down. lol. so like every one else was saying a mach what?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I think its because more Ford owners have no idea how to drive and possibly the Mach 1 is harder to drive to its full potential? I know my 99 Cobra when it was stock was a bitch to get good times out of.

I don't drink beer. Liquor only for me.
same could also be said about an ls1 car... i dunno. and i think all stock 99 cobras were hard to get good times out of.. lol!

and yeah "beer" is just an expression.... rye whiskey for me!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
same could also be said about an ls1 car... i dunno. and i think all stock 99 cobras were hard to get good times out of.. lol!

and yeah "beer" is just an expression.... rye whiskey for me!
Where do you live?

You can talk **** all you want about 99 Cobras but I know someone that had a stock one that ran 13.2. Do not ask me how and I called bullshit on his car being stock for a long time but it was. He went through transmissions left and right though. He is a member on SVTP and has a 03 Cobra now.

My 99 Cobra ran 13.5 stock. With 4.10s I got it to run 13.1. With a cai and 4.30s I got it to run 10.9.

Lets set something up! I haven't raced anyone in God knows how long. Everytime I try to set something up with someone about going to the track or whatever something happens.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2000 yenko
been there and done the stock mach 1 vs. z28 and the z won hands down and the guy in the mustang was a better driver then me, so there it is. oh we also ran after i got my heads done and a cam with him on a 125 shot and........ again z hand down. lol. so like every one else was saying a mach what?
Who the hell are you and why are you posting?

Go post that in this thread... http://mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83493
Old 11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Teching In

hey, just telling it like it is. not trying to make anyone mad lol
Old 11-07-2009, 11:53 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Awareness of the bench racing section = less work for Jason, and correct posts.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Not sure how I missed this one
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 99 Cobra ran 13.5 stock. With 4.10s I got it to run 13.1. With a cai and 4.30s I got it to run 10.9.
What?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr CHI
What?
What?
Old 11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Mr. Chi, its a joke. I'm assuming it was factual until he went to 10.9s which was probably still true but he just had more **** done to it, you know. C'mon internet humor ain't THAT hard to comprehend
Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Awareness of the bench racing section = less work for Jason, and correct posts.

basically. IMO, giving actual feedback in this threads being in the wrong section is no worse than starting the threads. But, that's just me.
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Pony you kiss ***.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Where do you live?

You can talk **** all you want about 99 Cobras but I know someone that had a stock one that ran 13.2. Do not ask me how and I called bullshit on his car being stock for a long time but it was. He went through transmissions left and right though. He is a member on SVTP and has a 03 Cobra now.

Lets set something up! I haven't raced anyone in God knows how long. Everytime I try to set something up with someone about going to the track or whatever something happens.
i live in central manitoba... you have a passport? lol

you pulled off at least .5 of a second better times than 95% of people with a 99 cobra.. and you say you're not a good driver...
Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

i live in central manitoba... you have a passport? lol

you pulled off at least .5 of a second better times than 95% of people with a 99 cobra.. and you say you're not a good driver...
So I'm guessing we can't do this.

And I never said I was a bad driver, there is just alot better drivers out there.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

a 13.2 is very quick for a mach. it happens, but rarely. alot run more in the 13.5-13.6 range around 104-ish. why do you think when you look at videos of races between the two 9 times out of ten the ls1 wins--- because it's faster! sure the mach CAN win but chances are it wont. but it's close enough that if the ls1 driver ***** up he wont run it down by the end of the quarter.
That is correct...................................If we were talking A4 machs, or shitty track/drivers.

Originally Posted by 2000 yenko
Do you know how many mach owners have no idea when to shift their car? I have run into guys that shifted to early or too late. Typically they come from owning a GT, Fox or N/A Cobra and have no idea what the proper RPM range is to shift at. ANd seriously, how do you know he was a better driver than you? Honestly.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Pony you kiss ***.
Manny - you Jealous ****.
See my response to Yenko. A fair amount of mach owners came from other mustangs and drive them the same, when they are different animals.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

That is correct...................................If we were talking A4 machs, or shitty track/drivers.

if all m5 machs run 13.2 then all fbody run 12's

Do you know how many mach owners have no idea when to shift their car? I have run into guys that shifted to early or too late. Typically they come from owning a GT, Fox or N/A Cobra and have no idea what the proper RPM range is to shift at. ANd seriously, how do you know he was a better driver than you? Honestly.

and everyone with an ls1 car knows how to drive it 100% perfectly?

Manny - you Jealous ****.
See my response to Yenko. A fair amount of mach owners came from other mustangs and drive them the same, when they are different animals.
gobbledy gook?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Jesus the amount of people in this thread who have no clue what they are talking about amazes me...

Being that I have owned an ls1, mach1, and now an ls6 i'm pretty sure i can say that the mach will give ANY ls1 a hell of a race whether:

A. Stock vs Stock
B. Mod vs Mod

I personally ran 12.9 in my Mach at 107. I had offroad H, shifter, flowmasters, intake, and dynotune. 300hp/319 tq

Anyone who has driven both an LSX or a 4v will tell you the LS motor is soooooo much easier to drive and pull off good times.

Those of you claiming to have "spanked" mach1's either ran into automatics or crappy drivers...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chad3113
Jesus the amount of people in this thread who have no clue what they are talking about amazes me...

Being that I have owned an ls1, mach1, and now an ls6 i'm pretty sure i can say that the mach will give ANY ls1 a hell of a race whether:

A. Stock vs Stock
B. Mod vs Mod

I personally ran 12.9 in my Mach at 107. I had offroad H, shifter, flowmasters, intake, and dynotune. 300hp/319 tq

Anyone who has driven both an LSX or a 4v will tell you the LS motor is soooooo much easier to drive and pull off good times.

Those of you claiming to have "spanked" mach1's either ran into automatics or crappy drivers...

and i feel the same way about people that say a mach is as quick as an ls1. i have yet to see a mach as fast in real life as the fanbois on the net make them out to be.

stock for stock, ls1 wins. mod for mod, ls1 wins. even ask blwnv10 on this site. he's owned both and he even says the ls1 is faster.

btw an ls1 with the mods you mentioned you had is good for a 110+ trap.. FYI
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Teching In

and i feel the same way about people that say a mach is as quick as an ls1. i have yet to see a mach as fast in real life as the fanbois on the net make them out to be.

stock for stock, ls1 wins. mod for mod, ls1 wins. even ask blwnv10 on this site. he's owned both and he even says the ls1 is faster.

They are as quick as an LS1, and just because you think they aren't doesn't make it true.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Why the **** should anybody ask blwnv10? That guy couldn't cut his ******* way out of a wet paper sack with a set of brand new ginsu knives.

It is a close race between a Mach 1 and an LS1 with the edge to the LS1 as speeds increase. How difficult is that to comprehend?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Teching In

i say you have it in the bag
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the insight. I guess your reading comprehension isnt quite up to par tonight since you missed the part where i said that i too have owned an ls1 and a mach1; no bullsh!t...

And yes, the 346ci ls1 is superior to a 281 4v, you don't need to be an einstein to understand this... but this doesn't nullify the FACT that a mach1 can beat an ls1.... Sorry bro to be the one to let you in on this secret, lol.

Quick Reply: 02 z28 vs mach 1?