Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

what do u think

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u think

about this combo ls6 heads and a trex cam with fullboltons and ls6 intake.

what kind of power will it put down?

whats the streatability for this setup?

prices and links 2 secure websites i know theres people with this setup allready. please chime in thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1passion
about this combo ls6 heads and a trex cam with fullboltons and ls6 intake.

what kind of power will it put down?

whats the streatability for this setup?

prices and links 2 secure websites i know theres people with this setup allready. please chime in thanks in advance guys.
Well first off drivability/streetability is very dependent on your tuning. It should make in the neighborhood 390-415rwhp. You might have to valve notch the pistons to clear the T-rex cam. Some people have to some dont. It should be a fun setup.

As for finding parts there are a ton of T-rex cams for sale and quite a few sets of 243s. Good luck Im sure you will enjoy the setup.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by YellowB4Z
Well first off drivability/streetability is very dependent on your tuning. It should make in the neighborhood 390-415rwhp. You might have to valve notch the pistons to clear the T-rex cam. Some people have to some dont. It should be a fun setup.

As for finding parts there are a ton of T-rex cams for sale and quite a few sets of 243s. Good luck Im sure you will enjoy the setup.
thank u also is it possble 2 squeeze 430-440rwhp out of this if i have the heads port and polished thats what im really shooting 4.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

thank u also is it possble 2 squeeze 430-440rwhp out of this if i have the heads port and polished thats what im really shooting 4.
With a good port job and maybe some milling on the heads to bump the compression up I dont see why you couldnt make those numbers. There are a lot of variables so dont get hung up on numbers. Its all about how it runs down the track Just make sure you clay the piston to valve clearance!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Launching!

With a good port job and maybe some milling on the heads to bump the compression up I dont see why you couldnt make those numbers. There are a lot of variables so dont get hung up on numbers. Its all about how it runs down the track Just make sure you clay the piston to valve clearance!!!
thanks alot man this will be my new setup till i get another ls3
Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Good deal man. Post up the results!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont see why not... M6 car?

Maybe a fast 90/90 would help alot... you should see 430 easy...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mean87SS

A FAST would help Im sure. But with just a cam and stock 243s I think that $1000 could be better spent elsewhere like some REALLY good tuning and other bolt-ons.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mean87SS

a4 i dont want the fast its to expensive 4 a temporary setup still got 2 save 4 another ls3 any tips would be apreciated.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Launching!

A FAST would help Im sure. But with just a cam and stock 243s I think that $1000 could be better spent elsewhere like some REALLY good tuning and other bolt-ons.
ill have full boltons before the tune i have lt pacesetters and fullexaust 3inches with a cutout slp lid all i need is the ud pulley and ls6 intake
Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

I would guess 400 - 420 max man. Stock TB, LS6, and 243's aren't helping you out. The intake and heads mind you are a vast improvement but, 430's on a setup like that would be hard. Let me know. You're in Bartlesville right?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I would guess 400 - 420 max man. Stock TB, LS6, and 243's aren't helping you out. The intake and heads mind you are a vast improvement but, 430's on a setup like that would be hard. Let me know. You're in Bartlesville right?
no dude i live in california lol u always forget lol any tips on how 2 get more out of the setup i have 373s im gonna install any day now
trying 2 keep a budget but want alittle more power so u have any ideas
Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

373's will lower your uotput to the ground. I do forget you are a Cali boy.LOL There is a guy in town here that has a name simialar to yours. This is my first post in half a year on here. LOL Your Auto will be a factor also. I say don't worry about the RWHP #'s though I do it too.lol I assume you have a stall.....what size? That too is a huge rwhp parasite.
As for other ideas....aything short of N2O I have none that will get you there in your budget bro.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Mill to 12.1, Smooth out your TB, Port match your heads to intake. Still ......
Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Launching!

373's will lower your uotput to the ground. I do forget you are a Cali boy.LOL There is a guy in town here that has a name simialar to yours. This is my first post in half a year on here. LOL Your Auto will be a factor also. I say don't worry about the RWHP #'s though I do it too.lol I assume you have a stall.....what size? That too is a huge rwhp parasite.
As for other ideas....aything short of N2O I have none that will get you there in your budget bro.
its a 4000 stall and im getting the cam in a couple of days getting the heads port and polished i should be fullboltons 373s and and heads and cam with a potred throttlebody 2 im gonna spray but just not yet want 2 go all motor 4 a bit
Old 11-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Mill to 12.1, Smooth out your TB, Port match your heads to intake. Still ......
what do u think is the biggest factor holding me back right know heads ? yea i just came back a couple of days ago lol where u been posting at dude
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

IDK man..IDK too much about that setup.

Regardless, IDK any reputable GM tuner in town. I know of a few that will tune them, but I wouldn't let them tune my lawnmower.

My two cents?......do your research on a GOOD tuner first.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
IDK man..IDK too much about that setup.

Regardless, IDK any reputable GM tuner in town. I know of a few that will tune them, but I wouldn't let them tune my lawnmower.

My two cents?......do your research on a GOOD tuner first.
yea im thinking of getting it tuned in the best place i can find within 8 or 9 hours
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

what do u think is the biggest factor holding me back right know heads ? yea i just came back a couple of days ago lol where u been posting at dude
I haven't been man. I just been so ******* disgusted with racing and wrenching, I put it down. Everything to do with it! I even screwed a good buddy time wise because I couldn't find it in me to finish his engine. Feel terrible about that but, man I had enough. The Hell Blazer project took it out of me.LOL Gotta score a compressor. Building **** without air tools sucks worse than gay ****.
Biggest thing, would be your whole upper end IMO. The LS6 being your best piece. Remeber your gears and stall are cannibles bro. I know you've heard it before but, what you gain in st8 line performance is far better than any rwhp # that you lose.

Hey Pony, I miss your blow jobs.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

I haven't been man. I just been so ******* disgusted with racing and wrenching, I put it down. Everything to do with it! I even screwed a good buddy time wise because I couldn't find it in me to finish his engine. Feel terrible about that but, man I had enough. The Hell Blazer project took it out of me.LOL Gotta score a compressor. Building **** without air tools sucks worse than gay ****.
Biggest thing, would be your whole upper end IMO. The LS6 being your best piece. Remeber your gears and stall are cannibles bro. I know you've heard it before but, what you gain in st8 line performance is far better than any rwhp # that you lose.

Hey Pony, I miss your blow jobs.
what do u mean with ur whole upper end kind of confused dude lol my bad

yea man when i got jipped i supposedly swore i wouldnt ever buy anything again or ever race again i didnt 4 a while till know im back just needed 2 give my brain a break i know what u mean about the compressor lol i went out and got me a big *** blue napa one 4 30$ off some guy selling it off a truck and it works fine i didnt even ask where he bought it lol if u know what i mean lol