Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2011 5.0 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Oh so the 03-04 cobra doesnt exist?
that 6 year old car is faster then the new camaro ss and the ls2 gto.

And not to mention that the ford is lighter but ford has quite a history of publishing "less then accurate" hp numbers so i fully expect the mustang to win from a roll as well.
Sure the 03-04 Cobra exists, but that is in no way a fair comparison. That 6 year old car come factory with a supercharger. Even with that upgrade from the factory, there are cam only GTO's that are keeping up, if not outrunning them.
Unless Ford has come up with some miraculous form of technology, I justs dont' seem the new 5.0 being a "huge" threat. They will no doubt be fast, but it seems ford is pushing the envelope to make all this extra power.
I will be anxious to see some testing on these cars to see what they really do.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Heres something else to add to the mix...

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ang-gt-50.html

I notice big HP numbers ONLY due to the fact they are revving the **** out of these motors and naturally a DOHC motor will make alot of peak power from RPM. But the big thing to notice is that it is down an average of 50ft.lbs of torqe all the way across the board to the LS3 Camaro's. With these car's being heavy I'm still giving the edge to the Camaro's easily. It takes torque to pull not high RPM HP.

Also notice that these new engines are direct injected high compression motors with more agressive cam"S" and factory headers. Bolt-on to bolt-on this new GT is doomed... It's not corked up by any means compared to the LS based GM vehicles.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Heres something else to add to the mix...

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ang-gt-50.html

I notice big HP numbers ONLY due to the fact they are revving the **** out of these motors and naturally a DOHC motor will make alot of peak power from RPM. But the big thing to notice is that it is down an average of 50ft.lbs of torqe all the way across the board to the LS3 Camaro's. With these car's being heavy I'm still giving the edge to the Camaro's easily. It takes torque to pull not high RPM HP.

Also notice that these new engines are direct injected high compression motors with more agressive cam"S" and factory headers. Bolt-on to bolt-on this new GT is doomed... It's not corked up by any means compared to the LS based GM vehicles.

haha if thats what you wanna think
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clemsonfan1992
Well if your Goat is an 05-06 You shouldn't have any problems... You put a Cold air intake on her you should be making around the same HP. Then The GTO weighs less so you should have atleast a 2 foot margin of victory. Until the 140 mark then the GTO PULLS!

04- Change the intake, cam, and exhaust, with a tune. Should be able to hang with it. Then when the 140 mark the GTO PULLS!
Wow...simply wow.
Originally Posted by 05JUDGE
Sure the 03-04 Cobra exists, but that is in no way a fair comparison. That 6 year old car come factory with a supercharger. Even with that upgrade from the factory, there are cam only GTO's that are keeping up, if not outrunning them.
Unless Ford has come up with some miraculous form of technology, I justs dont' seem the new 5.0 being a "huge" threat. They will no doubt be fast, but it seems ford is pushing the envelope to make all this extra power.
I will be anxious to see some testing on these cars to see what they really do.
You dont' see them as a threat because you are a GM fanboy and your posts in this thread prove it.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Mustang?