Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

3000Gt VR4 twin turbo vs. z28 camaro?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
^^^ He hasn't responded, because he doesn't have the car. He may be thinking of purchasing one or borrowing his 'cousins' or some other friends' from another town.
You should be able to spot BS, and not get so easily exited.
Yup. True that

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
You can't find anyone fast enough because you aren't hanging around the right people. There are a handfull of cars faster than your camaro in stock form.....and no one owns one? No one owns a stock C6? No one even owns a mildly modded foxbody?

I see this problem here in Ocala too. There are fast cars here that do race once and awhile. Then there's a "car meet" every saturday at a parking lot. All of those cars are painfully slow and think they are the fastest in town because no one comes out there to challenge them. Truth is.....no one wants to waste their time.

......Find new friends

And oh yeah...you should be able to take the VR4 in anyone of those races.
Couldn't agree with you more about finding new friends. Its pretty hard though when you go to a local car meet and every single car IS A POS and the owners are cocky ********. I'm sorry I could care less about looking at some POS cars. You seem to be in the same boat as me.

Originally Posted by LS1 bird
The kid sounds like a **** talker.Prob will never take the bet he knows he will loose.LMAO RICERS
He hasn't even talked to me since I threw the money in the air.

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
lmfao..

sooo true!!

OP, maybe you have some free dough compare to your friends to put some mod on a already good starting platform but you obviously dont hang with the right plp. I'm sorry to say, but if youre the fastest around, doesnt mean your fast at all If youre really into car, youll continu to mod at least till itds cammed

youre sounding like you have a 800-900rwhp car!
Seriously? I'm not acting like I'm the fastest around. Its just how you took it, but I still haven't lost a race locally. There are many cars around here faster than mine but NOT ONE of those rich bastards drive there car hard like I do and they are never down for a race. I'm down for a race anytime, win or lose. But these people locally that have fast rides, are 99% for show only. Whether its literally for car shows only or its a show of status (hey I have so much money I can afford a mercades, aston martin, lamborghini, viper, corvette, ferrari, porche.) There are so many people with these cars but none of them want to race.

Originally Posted by Damian
My thoughts:

-If you're worried that your full bolt on, stalled LS1 car on MT streets can't outrun a 13 second Mitsu, you just need to put that car out of it's misery and sell it to someone else who knows how to drive it.

-The bench racing forum is extremely easy to find. Typing this reply is going to take me about 20 seconds longer than it will to find and move this thread to it's appropriate section.

Cheers.
Thanks for moving the thread for me. I was hammered last night and couldn't find it. Muh effing bad.... Thanks again though...

Originally Posted by 01formula6
I agree with this. When I first started reading the thread I thought you had at least a 10 sec car, then I see it's just bolt ons. I'm not sure who your friends are where they can't keep up with this amount of money. Yes you have a quick car, but to say there is no competition is just ignorant.

You should also keep your car because you enjoy it, not so you can be a big fish in a small pond.

[B]Yes you will beat the VR4 easily.This is a great response to my post unlike
How is it ignorant that I haven't lost of street race yet? Its clear you're ignorant assuming stuff to quickly and forming a conclusion before finish reading whats posted.

Thank you though for the last little part

Originally Posted by mylittlez06
its manual, they never made the VR4 in auto
Thank you very much man. Thats what I needed to know!!

Originally Posted by SS RRR
VR4's are heavy, unreliable **** piles. There is a reason they stopped making them just a few years after they came out. Never seen one that was "stupid fast" that lasted.
More great info, I wish the moderater that moved my thread (again thank you) could be more informative and helpful than just bashing my post... Either way, everyone that has responded has been very helpful. Thank you all again!!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

What more do you want? They are turds. No one can guarantee whether or not you are going to win. It's possible this turd has more done to it than you know and you may get waxed. If you are up for a challenge, race him from a stop instead of a roll. You have the stall and the tires. Roll racing is gay anyway.

Quick Reply: 3000Gt VR4 twin turbo vs. z28 camaro?!