Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

3000Gt VR4 twin turbo vs. z28 camaro?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts

Default 3000Gt VR4 twin turbo vs. z28 camaro?!

Well I made a post recently on facebook that I was considering selling my camaro cause theres just no one to compete locally with my car. All of my friends don't make the kind of money I do to support this kind of hobby. Essentially I've been considering selling her and getting into other hobbies that I can share with my friends.

Well I have a friend with a 3000gt AWD VR4 twin turbo P&P throttle body and a chip (I don't know if its a auto or a manual). As far as I understand these cars are a 13.6+@104 at best in the quarter mile (with the mods he has). Hes confident he'll walk my car. So I made a bet. 50 bucks says I'll walk him from a dig, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, or a 50 roll. He could pick the race and I'm confident I'll take the win.

I'm just looking for some reinforcement or have I just lost 50 bucks? He hasn't taken the bet just yet. He stopped talking since I threw some money in the air.

My car is a a4, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, yank 4000 stall, LPP longtube headers, ory, slp exhaust, MT street radials, Carbon fiber lid, K&N filter, MSD wires, Stripper model from the factory, 3.23 gears and a LSD.

Last edited by Finkledbody; 04-09-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
All of my friends don't make the kind of money I do to support this kind of hobby.
It's a good thing you make enough to back up a $50 bet! That's serious cash! Ball 'till you fall...
Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got him with the exhaust, stall, and thompsons. without those he'd probably get you from a dig
Old 04-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Launching!

you will beat him with those mods easy. I use to have a Twin Turbo Stealh and i got beat buy a A4 Z when i was stock and it only had a catback and lid.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good you got et streets as said. AWD are killer from dig. The 3000 are heavy things but can be modded up to be stupid fast. They have very strong engines .Local guy has one highly modded up should be able to get maybe 800 engine hp out of his at max boost. Aftermarket turbos,fuel ,engine management,etc.etc. I got a ride in it at maybe 500 engine hp and it still moved out,very unique looking car really enjoyed it and he is boosting it up this year. He also has a 441? cube c5 that is 590rwhp on pump and like 630 on race fuel. Got ride in that too.

Course his 3000 is far from a stock one. I think it will be a good race and would think you would win but he can simply dial up his boost and then mybe will beat you.I think the stock turbos can do about 420 engine hp or so. Guessing a bit as I am more familiar with talons.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

y not from a stand still? he might still get u from a 10-15mph roll. if he's manual i think he might get u. should be good none the less.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 AM

What section did I click on?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
What section did I click on?
6. "What would happen?" threads should be posted in the Dyno & Bench Racing Forum.

I couldn't find that section last night cause i was hammered. But i found this one
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS RRR
It's a good thing you make enough to back up a $50 bet! That's serious cash! Ball 'till you fall...
LMAO... I realize thats chump change. I have more money than that to put down on a bet. This kid doesn't. He still hasn't taken the bet...

Originally Posted by justin455
You got him with the exhaust, stall, and thompsons. without those he'd probably get you from a dig
This is very true. This is why I'm thinking I'll take him down.

Originally Posted by sunset_Z28/RS
you will beat him with those mods easy. I use to have a Twin Turbo Stealh and i got beat buy a A4 Z when i was stock and it only had a catback and lid.
This is good to hear.

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Good you got et streets as said. AWD are killer from dig. The 3000 are heavy things but can be modded up to be stupid fast. They have very strong engines.
The only thing I don't know about is whether or not he has a boost controller, if hes a stick or auto, and whether or not he can drive... I actually didn't know he owned the car til last night.

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
y not from a stand still? he might still get u from a 10-15mph roll. if he's manual i think he might get u. should be good none the less.
I want to do it from a dig. I feel like thats my best chance. As far as the roll racing goes, I'm hoping hes a stick and not a very good driver. I wont miss a shift, he might....

Thanks everyone for the feed back.

Even if its in the wrong section, muh bad.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if its your friends car, how do you not know if its a stick or auto?

anyways, you should have him all across the board, and you have the idiot proof trans so you should be fine. gas is getting expensive again, see if you can milk it for more money. most shittalkers stop when the money comes out, or thats my experience.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WSsick
if its your friends car, how do you not know if its a stick or auto?

anyways, you should have him all across the board, and you have the idiot proof trans so you should be fine. gas is getting expensive again, see if you can milk it for more money. most shittalkers stop when the money comes out, or thats my experience.
Last night was the first time hearing about this car. I had NO idea he had it til last night when I posted up. The convo kinda went like this.

Me: This is bullshit, theres no one with a nice fast car to compete with me locally. I was offered to join a VW club, to bad my 6 banger firebird would walk half those ******* cars. I'm thinking about selling it to start a new hobby I can share with my friends.
Him: My car would walk you POS...
Me: What do you got that I don't know about? Your not bsing me are you?
Him: I've got a 3000gt VR4 twin turbo port and polished, chipped, and a comp. ( If you know what that means; fill me in)
Me: Have you run it at the track yet? If you have what did she run? Have you dynoed it yet? What kinda numbers you putting down?

I waited 20 minutes and nothing

Me: Dude I'm going to be honost, I know way to much about most cars out there and your car is at best a 12.8 in the quarter with the mods you listed. I don't mean to sound like a douche but you have no chance.. (I was trying to get him going)

Waited 10 minutes and nothing..

Me: I put 50 bucks down that my car would walk yours from a dig, 5 roll, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, or a 50 roll. Your choice, my car will walk yours. $50 bucks anytime...

He still hasn't responded.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ He hasn't responded, because he doesn't have the car. He may be thinking of purchasing one or borrowing his 'cousins' or some other friends' from another town.
You should be able to spot BS, and not get so easily exited.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't find anyone fast enough because you aren't hanging around the right people. There are a handfull of cars faster than your camaro in stock form.....and no one owns one? No one owns a stock C6? No one even owns a mildly modded foxbody?

I see this problem here in Ocala too. There are fast cars here that do race once and awhile. Then there's a "car meet" every saturday at a parking lot. All of those cars are painfully slow and think they are the fastest in town because no one comes out there to challenge them. Truth is.....no one wants to waste their time.

......Find new friends

And oh yeah...you should be able to take the VR4 in anyone of those races.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

The kid sounds like a **** talker.Prob will never take the bet he knows he will loose.LMAO RICERS
Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
^^^ He hasn't responded, because he doesn't have the car. He may be thinking of purchasing one or borrowing his 'cousins' or some other friends' from another town.
You should be able to spot BS, and not get so easily exited.
lmfao..

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
You can't find anyone fast enough because you aren't hanging around the right people. There are a handfull of cars faster than your camaro in stock form.....and no one owns one? No one owns a stock C6? No one even owns a mildly modded foxbody?

I see this problem here in Ocala too. There are fast cars here that do race once and awhile. Then there's a "car meet" every saturday at a parking lot. All of those cars are painfully slow and think they are the fastest in town because no one comes out there to challenge them. Truth is.....no one wants to waste their time.

......Find new friends

And oh yeah...you should be able to take the VR4 in anyone of those races.
sooo true!!

OP, maybe you have some free dough compare to your friends to put some mod on a already good starting platform but you obviously dont hang with the right plp. I'm sorry to say, but if youre the fastest around, doesnt mean your fast at all If youre really into car, youll continu to mod at least till itds cammed

youre sounding like you have a 800-900rwhp car!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:57 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My thoughts:

-If you're worried that your full bolt on, stalled LS1 car on MT streets can't outrun a 13 second Mitsu, you just need to put that car out of it's misery and sell it to someone else who knows how to drive it.

-The bench racing forum is extremely easy to find. Typing this reply is going to take me about 20 seconds longer than it will to find and move this thread to it's appropriate section.

Cheers.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
lmfao..

sooo true!!

OP, maybe you have some free dough compare to your friends to put some mod on a already good starting platform but you obviously dont hang with the right plp. I'm sorry to say, but if youre the fastest around, doesnt mean your fast at all If youre really into car, youll continu to mod at least till itds cammed

youre sounding like you have a 800-900rwhp car!

I agree with this. When I first started reading the thread I thought you had at least a 10 sec car, then I see it's just bolt ons. I'm not sure who your friends are where they can't keep up with this amount of money. Yes you have a quick car, but to say there is no competition is just ignorant. You should also keep your car because you enjoy it, not so you can be a big fish in a small pond.

Yes you will beat the VR4 easily.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
Well I have a friend with a 3000gt AWD VR4 twin turbo P&P throttle body and a chip (I don't know if its a auto or a manual.
its manual, they never made the VR4 in auto
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

VR4's are heavy, unreliable **** piles. There is a reason they stopped making them just a few years after they came out. Never seen one that was "stupid fast" that lasted.

Quick Reply: 3000Gt VR4 twin turbo vs. z28 camaro?!