Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2011 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope gm takes the bait and puts the camaro on a diet... and maybe with a little more power.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
i hope gm takes the bait and puts the camaro on a diet... and maybe with a little more power.
Don't count on it....I'm excited about the new GT. Between it and the Camaro, I'd take the GT hands down. Better looking IMO and great power now. I drove a '10 with 3.73's and loved it. 100 more ponies is just what it needed. I bet it's a blast and more than a match for the Camaro.

As for how the LS1 will stack up, come on folks. It's not like the LS1 lost its potential. H/C LS1's will more than hold their own. If you're that worried, throw in a stroker and forget about it. But anyone who starts modding crazily because the GT came out with more power needs some help. There's always going to be something faster than you. If it's a new GT, so be it.

I love new competition and the fact that Ford has stepped it up so much. Just sit in the GT for all the proof you need. That interior is beautifully laid out and very appealing. I sat in the a new SS right afterwards and was very disappointed. I'm a GM guy through and through, but there's no denying the quality of the Mustang GT. It deserves to be crowned king over the Camaro and Challenger. Now I'm just waiting for my first run-in....it promises to be a lot of fun!

Last edited by 99Hawk262; 04-17-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Have you ever raced at a dragstrip Ke^in? It doesnt matter how much horsepower you car dynos. Its about getting traction thats what I 'm talking about! If I ran my car with regular street tires at the track I would be up in smoke all the time! With a good set of drag radials mid 12's at the strip should be easy for a stock 2011 gt
I know all of this oh pretentious one. I know what people have run on them so far in unprepped tracks. High 12 on a unprepped track means what on a prepped track?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Don't count on it....I'm excited about the new GT. Between it and the Camaro, I'd take the GT hands down. Better looking IMO and great power now. I drove a '10 with 3.73's and loved it. 100 more ponies is just what it needed. I bet it's a blast and more than a match for the Camaro.

As for how the LS1 will stack up, come on folks. It's not like the LS1 lost its potential. H/C LS1's will more than hold their own. If you're that worried, throw in a stroker and forget about it. But anyone who starts modding crazily because the GT came out with more power needs some help. There's always going to be something faster than you. If it's a new GT, so be it.

I love new competition and the fact that Ford has stepped it up so much. Just sit in the GT for all the proof you need. That interior is beautifully laid out and very appealing. I sat in the a new SS right afterwards and was very disappointed. I'm a GM guy through and through, but there's no denying the quality of the Mustang GT. It deserves to be crowned king over the Camaro and Challenger. Now I'm just waiting for my first run-in....it promises to be a lot of fun!
I felt the same way when I first saw one in person. and when I set in the new camaro, I was dissapointed!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I know all of this oh pretentious one. I know what people have run on them so far in unprepped tracks. High 12 on a unprepped track means what on a prepped track?
Who's to say it wasnt a prepped track? The magazine had to have permission to from the track owners to run their tests! Do you honest think they didnt pull out all the stops to make sure track prep was at its best!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

I am talking about another thread in here where someone with a 2011 GT ran a high 12 not even on a track. I believe there was even a video of it. If I have time later, I will search it.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Restricted User

Yea mid 12's are not going to happen with that new car unless conditions are absuletely perfect and you gotta a perfect driver behind the wheel. These Mustang guys are getting a little bit ahead of themselves. They had the new camaro running a 12.9 in one of the reviews and I havent seen one at the track run under the 13's without some good mods, so I bet they are correct numbers they are putting out and are probably the best you will see. I just wish the camaro was a little smaller, just like one of the guys testing it on motor trend says that it was hard to see and felt to big and made him fill small in it. If they woulda made it a little smaller and lighter I think it would be awesome. Maybe it was big for the transformers loook ?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Yea mid 12's are not going to happen with that new car unless conditions are absuletely perfect and you gotta a perfect driver behind the wheel.
Which is why I said mid twelve to high 12s. Again, if they are getting a high 12 run which wasn't even on a track..
Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Am I really defending the Mustang???

Check out the track prep at 1:40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4vfZDYyO8

Worst of all is it is freaking Motortrend!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Old 04-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

okay.... won't the 2012 GT gain some weight because of gov't restrctions? and that the Camaro is already there with their safety restrictions? aslo... they say that the HP rating is 412... which everyone knows that... but what about the TQ??? what a whopping 309tq???
Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Restricted User

Yea with drag radials 12.5 wont be difficult. I really want them to come out so this talk can be over!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Good kill..................????????????????
Bravo sir
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Are we still going with this people? really? Come on really?
Its going to be fast? Yes. Do you own or know anyone who owns one? NO. Why dont we wait till it comes out and then see what it really does. All I know is I cant wait to pick on them.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Its also funny that they had the camaro ss running a 13.0 sec 1/4 mile and at the track I seen one with intake, cat-back and drag radials run a 13.6. The vid where they show the gt running a 12.8 could be b.s, but after seeing a new 2010 ss with intake, catback and dr's run a 13.6 consistantly I still think it will take the new ss pretty good.
That's one driver man. Don't chalk them all up to that guy. 10 CSS's should be running low 13s consistantly, if not high 12s.
Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
i dont think the bolt on LS1 cars should be worried about the new 5.0 when its stock. Modded I dont know about that one but the new 5.0 stock should be a mid to low 12 second car in good hands and that is Bolt on LS1 territory. But in the real world on the streets im going to be the one to say that most drivers are going to be running it like a 13 second car plain and simple just like you see 2010 SS's that run 14's theres a reason for that....the driver
It's like any other car......crappy drivers = crappy times. Good drivers = good times.

No Newskool I'm not a female it's just a screen name! The mustang will be nice, but not all that!
You are quickly becoming the #1 bow tie nut swinger on the site.

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Yeah I gotta agree with 02 here: those heavy things aint gonna hit mid 12's on stock tires: not enough power to overcome the traction issues.
Similar weight to a cobra, tad less low end TQ (which equals better traction down low 'normally'), better rear gears, similar tranny, and similar HP/power curve. I still fail to see how this car will not run mid high 12s like a cobra. BUT, it's all benchracing for now. Probably is, the 'not so greatest drivers' are going to get their hands on it and ruin it out of the box. ROFL

Who's to say it wasnt a prepped track? The magazine had to have permission to from the track owners to run their tests! Do you honest think they didnt pull out all the stops to make sure track prep was at its best!
Uh, you do realize that magazine's have a reputation of being horrible at ET's right? Most are a good .5 second slower than good to avg. drivers.
Originally Posted by najaf4life
okay.... won't the 2012 GT gain some weight because of gov't restrctions? and that the Camaro is already there with their safety restrictions? aslo... they say that the HP rating is 412... which everyone knows that... but what about the TQ??? what a whopping 309tq???
Uh...might wanna check those facts again sport. 309 TQ? You've gotta be kidding me. And, IMO, there's plenty of room left on the table to up the power output to make up for the regulations. A simple factory retune will do it.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
That's one driver man. Don't chalk them all up to that guy. 10 CSS's should be running low 13s consistantly, if not high 12s.
It's like any other car......crappy drivers = crappy times. Good drivers = good times.

You are quickly becoming the #1 bow tie nut swinger on the site.

Similar weight to a cobra, tad less low end TQ (which equals better traction down low 'normally'), better rear gears, similar tranny, and similar HP/power curve. I still fail to see how this car will not run mid high 12s like a cobra. BUT, it's all benchracing for now. Probably is, the 'not so greatest drivers' are going to get their hands on it and ruin it out of the box. ROFL

Uh, you do realize that magazine's have a reputation of being horrible at ET's right? Most are a good .5 second slower than good to avg. drivers.
Uh...might wanna check those facts again sport. 309 TQ? You've gotta be kidding me. And, IMO, there's plenty of room left on the table to up the power output to make up for the regulations. A simple factory retune will do it.
Thank you pony for the compliment! I been trying to represent the bow tie proudly since 2002.

Last edited by 02 wife; 04-18-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sicko
Are we still going with this people? really? Come on really?
Its going to be fast? Yes. Do you own or know anyone who owns one? NO. Why dont we wait till it comes out and then see what it really does. All I know is I cant wait to pick on them.
I agree!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

02 if you agree, then why were you doing the opposite?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ke^in
02 if you agree, then why were you doing the opposite?
I agree, I cant wait to pick on the 2011 gt at the track with all that horsepower!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Well stock ones anyhow.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT