Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

WRX woes and guess my numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX woes and guess my numbers!!

So, I know nothing about Subarus. Theres a buddy of mine that I always messed with in high school about being a ricer because well... he kinda was. Highly overestimating horsepower numbers and saying his '90 accord 5 speed with headers and fart cannon ran 9's in the 1/8th (definite BS, my buddys 96 accord walked him off the spray and ran low 10's on spray in the eigth). Well, a few months ago he got a 2002 WRX and immedietley started the ricer antics.... "Its all stock...7 pounds of boost and 300whp." (for reference, 2002 wrx is 13.5 lbs of boost stock and 227 the crank...), and all he did was aftermarket waste gate but still running stock boost, headers and full exhaust, and some little handheld tuner that told him he was putting 260 to the wheels (false...MAYBE 260 to the crank...), and of course, since its AWD he thinks he is now god and is going to walk my ***, but will only race me at the track. He told me and I quote "The AWD will take care of you off the line and the boost will finish you off." According to what i've read, wrx's of his nature run 9.3's in the 1/8th with a perfect driver...I ran 8.7 on stock exhaust and street tires... and we were supposed to race tomorrow but he punked down (go figure)

But anyway, who wants to take guesses on how bad i'm gonna hurt his feelings (if he ever does race me), and also i'm getting a dyno in a few weeks, who wants to guess the numbers??
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

you should walk him hard! ive pulled 1-2 cars on Cob stg3 tuned STI's (which is 4in turbo back headers, tune, more boost, intake) guy said it was good for 360ish AWHP. ive got a video of it if you want. and ive beaten intake/catback STI's at the track and out of the whole! if you race him from a dig and he launches hard he will be walking home those trannys from what ive heard is weak.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Staging Troll

i herd from wrx owners who bought the sti's..the wrx's have more turbo lag compaired to the stis' and the fell faster so my guess is you wont walk him..you stomp him flat into the ground..my gf's neighbor has a wrx that im fairly sure i can walk with a 3rd gen camaro with a vortec 4.8, t56, and 4.11's
Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

You are going to blow his doors off at the 1/8 marker. Probably even before that. If you aren't too busy keeping your car straight, get a good look at his face when he sees you passing.

That said, why do I not see a stall in your mods list? That's a shame really :/
Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude its a WRX.... Its like comparing a V6 Camaro to a V8 Camaro. There crap. I raced my friends 04 WRX with just exhaust & I literally asked if he was trying? You will beat him with NO problem. & PLEASE do race him to shut his ricer *** up. Oh & make sure to get a vid & post it on Youtube so all the other ricer people will understand that most of there cars are slow & quit acting like there fast...

If you have good tires you should launch just as hard as him being an auto... Warm your tires up & get your car revved at its sweet spot & let it loose.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Friend has one. Dead stock it went just shy of 95 mph iirc. Added intake, midpipe, mbc @ 17psi or so, turboback, and a Utec tune and it trapped like 99mph. Went high 13s.

I drove it and I'm quite good at launching awd as I've had awd dsm's for years; it CAN come out nice, but from what I've seen most bog it; and it's nothing you can't run down so long as you don't spin your *** off. Any stock LS1 should eat it.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

welll.....he bitched out just like I thought, but I didn't do as good at the track tonight as I thought. My previous best on street tires and stock exhaust is in my sig, and tonight with full exhaust including longtubes and on slicks, I ran a best of 8.8 at 81, and a best of 8.8 at 82 on street tires. really sucks, my gears and stock stall are really holding me back. wheels are next, then gears, then probably going on the jug, and then stall.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I sold my wrx. I was really into it and went through multiple motor combos. A stage 2 sti will make about 270awhp and run high 12's low 13s, unless he his running race gas/E85. On my wrx I was trapping around 110 with a slightly better turbo and supporting mods. You will beat him. BTW tell him to get on NASIOC and they will rip him apart, they hate rice of all forms on there. A stock wrx with will put down around 180awhp. Also his 5 speed gearbox is WEAK as ****. Trust me went through 3, one good launch 1.7 60' and you can say bye bye 1st gear and 3rd gear will blow apart at about 330hp.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well he won't stop running his mouth so i'm going to the strip again next week on street tires since i apparantly don't need the slicks. I know i'll beat him, either that or he won't show up, either way he won't be able to talk **** about my car again. I'm just gonna wait for the excuses to start rolling in...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude just ignore his dumb ***... I mean seriously he talks **** to you & then you challenge him & he backs out? TYPICAL RICER. That's all you need to say to his punk *** & if he really thinks his car is faster then PROVE it. If he doesn't show up then case closed have a nice day... Getting really tired of these punks who think all their **** is fast but NEVER back it up!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ Exactly dude I already told him if he backs out again then he has no right to talk about my car until he shuts the hell up and proves it. "I'll race you" doesn't mean "i'll race you...but i'm gonna put it off until I drop 3 grand more in my car and actually stand a chance..."

Quick Reply: WRX woes and guess my numbers!!