Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Looking at a '11 V-6 Mustang... With a converter, tires and 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Your posting on LS1tech about a V6 stang you are yet to own and that no one cares about and then you bash everyone who comments. Go over to the mustang forums ponyboy.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
Your posting on LS1tech about a V6 stang you are yet to own and that no one cares about and then you bash everyone who comments. Go over to the mustang forums ponyboy.
You musta already been beat by one! hahaha.

Not "bashing" at all... Getting honest opinions from real guys... The only ford I own is an Excursion.... I'm a GM guy but the camaro is a lardass.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modding a v6 mustang.....good idea, sarge_13 approves.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickate
You're just the kinda guy I'm lookin' for.... I'm banked cash to you... a punk with a NEW v6 "BADASS STANG"... You gimme a few and the bust out of pity (Of course you don't need good tires... c'mon... it's a v6 guys!)... and lose.
Yeah, well I hate to break it to you.. But you're not the only one out there who hides their setup... Guaranteed you will get hustled also..

With all the money you're going to be dumping into this, why not just buy a STOCK GT and run these same times N/A? That wont void the warranty...
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

I bet ull be lucky to hit mid 12s with those mods. Which today isn't very fast considering a lightly bolted 5.0 will beat u. Buy a v8, ur v6 will only be stealth for 2races tops then word is going to get around and ur just gonna be some loser driving a v6 automatic mustang that 16yr old girls drive
Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
I bet ull be lucky to hit mid 12s with those mods. Which today isn't very fast considering a lightly bolted 5.0 will beat u. Buy a v8, ur v6 will only be stealth for 2races tops then word is going to get around and ur just gonna be some loser driving a v6 automatic mustang that 16yr old girls drive
Maybe his plan is to lure women into thinking he is gay by driving the V6 mustang. Then he will befriend them, and before you know it, he has them snared in his trap when they find out he really isn't a flaming homosexual, but rather, just a loser in a V6 mustang. Much poontang will be had.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Launching!

I see them.... Don't you? They're... SPOTS!
Only a dumbass would go heads up against a v8...
Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Maybe his plan is to lure women into thinking he is gay by driving the V6 mustang. Then he will befriend them, and before you know it, he has them snared in his trap when they find out he really isn't a flaming homosexual, but rather, just a loser in a V6 mustang. Much poontang will be had.
You got some issues you wanna talk out on my thread??? It's ok.... We're all here to help you. But... First we need to know if you are registered....
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

This has got to be the most fail thread of may. Ur gonna get two races for money then after its gonna be a waste. Only *****'s don't race heads up but then again u are buying a v6 auto mustang
Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chavez885
Modding a v6 mustang.....good idea, sarge_13 approves.

read my post on the first page bro
Old 05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by itsslow98
why not just pick up a 08-09 used GT and do the same mods. at least you wouldnt have to drive around V6 mustang like every other wanna be racer out there. Not to mention hearing a V6 mustang or V6 fbody with dual exhaust makes me throw up.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Have you ever heard the 2011 V6? It comes with duals from the factory and sounds like a damn exotic. Nothing like the old Cologne 4.0 truck engines from 05 and up or the antiquated 3.8's they've used since '94.

OP, I see where you're coming from since I had an '08 six banger that held its own on the street against bolt-on LS1's. But honestly, if you're looking to mod it just get a 3v S197 GT. Will probably get better power per mod (haven't seen any aftermarket results from the new 3.7) although lower gas mileage. If you were looking for just a ballsy little DD with good MPG's, then I'd suggest a new V6.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Launching!

This has got to be the most fail thread of may. Ur gonna get two races for money then after its gonna be a waste. Only *****'s don't race heads up but then again u are buying a v6 auto mustang
Boy Mr. name caller dude... You should be a SUPER MOD with all the experience you have and that magic crystal ball of yours that says I'll get 2 races...

There are lots of "pussies" out here at the RSD in Union Grove.... You need to come on out and throw your smart mouth around... I'd love to see your head shoved up your *** by a "*****".... MEOW.

And you're jocking an SUV?????Ohhhh-kay. MOMMYS car for you.... I didn't buy the Mustang yet and you got a soccer mom car.... hahaha....

All the rest of the TBSS's are really cool... just not yours. hahaha.

Ever been in a race in your mom's car?

I nominate you for "ASSHAT OF THE DAY".
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

This thread=big fail. No i havent lost to a new mustang yet or even seen one on the road. Personally the only thing i hate more than mustangs are internet tough guys.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

too much "the fast n the furious" for this guy...
Old 05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Boy Mr. name caller dude... You should be a SUPER MOD with all the experience you have and that magic crystal ball of yours that says I'll get 2 races...

There are lots of "pussies" out here at the RSD in Union Grove.... You need to come on out and throw your smart mouth around... I'd love to see your head shoved up your *** by a "*****".... MEOW.

And you're jocking an SUV?????Ohhhh-kay. MOMMYS car for you.... I didn't buy the Mustang yet and you got a soccer mom car.... hahaha....

All the rest of the TBSS's are really cool... just not yours. hahaha.

Ever been in a race in your mom's car?

I nominate you for "ASSHAT OF THE DAY".
but the thing is my suv is a v8 that actually has potential and at the end of the day im not driving a 16yr old girl car nor did i buy this to race otherwise i would of bought a car not suv.
my soccer mom car will smoke the hell out of that mustang so good luck beating me.

i love how u expected every1 on here to think ur idea was sick. ur on a gm v8 site and ur talking about a v6 ford mustang rofl

Last edited by AWDTBSS; 05-18-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Hak
Teching In

To me it sounds like you want to build a sleeper out of this car to run for cash. Sorry to say, but there are better cars out there for a sleeper role that don't come anywhere close to 300+ hp from the factory. Not saying this car is fast, but there are better turds to polish to surprise people with.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

if he is truely looking for a sleeper that gets good mpg get the new ford fusion v6 whos gonna think that is fast
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea that... whats the word..........GAY!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

You got some issues you wanna talk out on my thread??? It's ok.... We're all here to help you. But... First we need to know if you are registered....
My issues are with your idea altogether. You are barking up the wrong tree.

What is it ultimately that you want?

Do you want a sleeper? You picked the wrong car completely. It's hard for a mustang to ever be a "sleeper" (same problem with every pony car really). Not to mention the fact that running 12s is not even close to being considered a sleeper.

Okay fine, do you want a comfortable daily driver? I could see that argument, but why pick the car marketed at adolescent girls and secretaries (or children in high school who's parents thought the V8 version would be too dangerous for little timmy).

Do you want a 2011 mustang, end of story? Why settle for the inferior version, do it right and get the 5.0. If you were planning on doing a stall, nitrous, and assuming supporting modifications to make those work, you aren't hurting to make the GT upgrade.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If I had the coin to mod a newer gen V6, it'd run an APS style twin turbo setup, tucked in nicely and rout the pipe to the intake where it looks stock. Turn up the boost and **** off a few people.

Quick Reply: Looking at a '11 V-6 Mustang... With a converter, tires and 100 shot