Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Looking at a '11 V-6 Mustang... With a converter, tires and 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I just recently sold my mustang; I can't stand the "I hate gay slow mustang" stigmata coming from people with gay, stockish, and slow cars ie: mac62989. You would get W A L K E D so badly by so many that it just makes you sound as childish as the idea of brand loyalty bashing.

Reason why I posted was a gentleman I personally know who bought a v6 automatic 05 sometime around 2006. Talked about making it crazy...I thought 'sure, you and everyone else that comes to the shop with a v6'. Went and had a single turbo kit installed over at Powerhouse locally. That car ended up 100% stock appearing on the outside other than lowered, on stock 16" wheels with DRs. He went as low as 11.22 at 125mph on the STOCK LONGBLOCK, STOCK TRANS (albeilt converter) and an 8.8 swap, and did it for over a year. It fragged on a would be 10 sec pass during the quest for 10s on stock garbage. Needless to say he wouldve taken my money BADLY.

He's in the new Muscle Mustangs btw...with his new turbo 4v setup going 9s.

I appreciate cars like that. LOVE EM. Love the galant vr4 you're speaking of as I'm a huge DSM freak who loves hogging the **** out of 14bs on a stock sidemount and leaving bolt on ls1s looking embarassed from a dig on the street. My fwd car with $200 invested had 4 cars on my brothers 99 m6 z28 with the usual lid/catback etc mods.

THAT is the point of this thread; to suprise people. Whine about your v6 bs all you want; and compare it to the lamo v6 camaro-firebird. Bet if there was a v6 bird eating you for lunch you'd have a change of heart and it'd be magically 'cool'. It would also get your $.

I love the idea of the car, nitrous can be easily removed. However, as have having worked closely with the 2005+ cars for 5yrs; I will say with as advanced as these PCMs are....if they dig deep enough you are going to get caught. But it really depends on the dealer and how much they don't want to replace your **** lol.

I will say its only a short time before hype on the v6 cars get out as they are currently overshadowed by the 5.0. They are outperforming the GTs in every other test beside accelleration. The vr4 would be the better sleeper; but it'll be easier to actually snag a race without raising eyebrows in the v6 stang.

$.02
Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarge_13

read my post on the first page bro
hahahaha.......this thread fails on many levels.

P.S. What are you driving these days, and if its not badass, whats the hold up?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, this thread is a prime example of why I dont get on here much anymore. This site has been invaded with immature lil dumbass wannabes who love nothin more than to try and look like a bad *** over the internet. Come one, grow up already... sorry guys, just cant stand these bs useless threads that seem to be every other one on here now. Maybe if you don’t have an ls1 and/or don’t like ls1s and just wanna talk **** to make your self feel better then you should just
Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Although I just recently sold my mustang; I can't stand the "I hate gay slow mustang" stigmata coming from people with gay, stockish, and slow cars ie: mac62989. You would get W A L K E D so badly by so many that it just makes you sound as childish as the idea of brand loyalty bashing.

Reason why I posted was a gentleman I personally know who bought a v6 automatic 05 sometime around 2006. Talked about making it crazy...I thought 'sure, you and everyone else that comes to the shop with a v6'. Went and had a single turbo kit installed over at Powerhouse locally. That car ended up 100% stock appearing on the outside other than lowered, on stock 16" wheels with DRs. He went as low as 11.22 at 125mph on the STOCK LONGBLOCK, STOCK TRANS (albeilt converter) and an 8.8 swap, and did it for over a year. It fragged on a would be 10 sec pass during the quest for 10s on stock garbage. Needless to say he wouldve taken my money BADLY.

He's in the new Muscle Mustangs btw...with his new turbo 4v setup going 9s.

I appreciate cars like that. LOVE EM. Love the galant vr4 you're speaking of as I'm a huge DSM freak who loves hogging the **** out of 14bs on a stock sidemount and leaving bolt on ls1s looking embarassed from a dig on the street. My fwd car with $200 invested had 4 cars on my brothers 99 m6 z28 with the usual lid/catback etc mods.

THAT is the point of this thread; to suprise people. Whine about your v6 bs all you want; and compare it to the lamo v6 camaro-firebird. Bet if there was a v6 bird eating you for lunch you'd have a change of heart and it'd be magically 'cool'. It would also get your $.

I love the idea of the car, nitrous can be easily removed. However, as have having worked closely with the 2005+ cars for 5yrs; I will say with as advanced as these PCMs are....if they dig deep enough you are going to get caught. But it really depends on the dealer and how much they don't want to replace your **** lol.

I will say its only a short time before hype on the v6 cars get out as they are currently overshadowed by the 5.0. They are outperforming the GTs in every other test beside accelleration. The vr4 would be the better sleeper; but it'll be easier to actually snag a race without raising eyebrows in the v6 stang.

$.02
Not a Galant.... 2003 Evo8. Good guess though.... Should get along a little better with a IX turbo and GSC s1 cams....Maybe in the 11's...
Old 05-19-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickate
LOL... Yeah... I'm that kinda guy... I also put a Lingenfelter 383 in an Astrovan back in the 90's ...low 12's on a 125 shot...... $$$ for me... We also had a 100% stock appearing 96 IMPALA SS goin' well into the 10's on 17" RADIALS... 400hp hit plumbed UNDER the LT1 intake... solenoids behind the battery in the fender... How fast could THAT be... a normally aspirated LT1 in a 4500 lb car... The Imp is on youtube somewhere... 10.86@12x ON STOCK 17" rims.

I have moved on from my crappy 400whp 00 Camaro to a little 4 cyl. 4 dr. Mitsu. as my DD. I'd like to bump into your "supernova" with my 4 cyl. turd. lol and we're close enough it could happen! Last year the Mitsu only went a 12.59@109. Now I'm off the stock turbo and cams.... hmmmm... (Bring CASH. DIG RACE.)
lol anyone else see this? several reasons I'm going to call bs on this post. 1) if you did have an extra 400 at the push of a button, you would be well past 10s 2) you likely had stock interals, and it would have went boom.

You're an idiot.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

RSbeast I don't think a WS6 in stockish form is gay in the least bit. I think your childish for calling me out on **** I didnt say. Never called mustangs gay or slow. My car is a weekend driver and I have no plans to mod it to hell. But if you perfer V6 stangs to WS6s by all means be my guest but dont call me out on a GM Site for expressing my view on mustangs to the OP.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 406malibu
lol anyone else see this? several reasons I'm going to call bs on this post. 1) if you did have an extra 400 at the push of a button, you would be well past 10s 2) you likely had stock interals, and it would have went boom.

You're an idiot.
You are right. I am an idiot. It IS a "stock internal" 383 LT1 with 96lb. injectors and a 400 hp dry kit (The AFR heads are painted on). Anything you say. I love guys like you.... Here is a little proof. Please remember the car is tied down and has roadrace suspension in place...(Notice weight transfer... NOT.)

And on 17" radials on stock rims...
And through the exhaust....(Well maybe cutouts....)

Do the math 4500lbs @124mph... (Please note the shortshift into OD at 1000 ft.) mph may be higher???? lol....

How much HP do you get? 400whp N/A....+. Yup stock internals FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cte6zGU1e1Y
Dumbass.

Look up my posts.... this was a shakedown pass.... Who knows... Maybe loosened up with some shoes it might be a single digit car.....

Wanna race?
The IMP has since been sold but I have a crappy little Mitsu evo that goes 12's now as a DD AND IT'S CRYING MALIBOOHOOHOO.

This v6 mustang sounds cool and would be nice for a dd as no shifting needed.

It astounds me of the arrogance on this forum as of late.

The idiot.

Last edited by nickate; 05-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chavez885
hahahaha.......this thread fails on many levels.

P.S. What are you driving these days, and if its not badass, whats the hold up?
just a beater truck that as of a couple hours ago has a blown transmission and a beat up POS civic I use for MPG LOL. I've been looking around for a new car but I just can't figure out what I want next. so many options out there.....
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the math 4500lbs @124mph... (Please note the shortshift into OD at 1000 ft.) mph may be higher???? lol....

Look up my posts.... this was a shakedown pass.... Who knows... Maybe loosened up with some shoes it might be a single digit car.....
That's scootin in a boat, I would think a 383 with heads/cam and a 400 shot would be a little quicker though, but I guess the weight really kills it. How much power did that impala put down N/A?

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
just a beater truck that as of a couple hours ago has a blown transmission and a beat up POS civic I use for MPG LOL. I've been looking around for a new car but I just can't figure out what I want next. so many options out there.....
Damn that sucks man...I need to get a POS civic myself to drive to work, rackin up too many miles on my truck lol.

There are a lot of options if you aren't a biased retard, hopefully you make the right decision
Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right. I am an idiot. It IS a "stock internal" 383 LT1 with 96lb. injectors and a 400 hp dry kit (The AFR heads are painted on). Anything you say. I love guys like you.... Here is a little proof. Please remember the car is tied down and has roadrace suspension in place...(Notice weight transfer... NOT.)

And on 17" radials on stock rims...
And through the exhaust....(Well maybe cutouts....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cte6zGU1e1Y
Dumbass.

Wanna race?
The IMP has since been sold but I have a crappy little Mitsu evo that goes 12's now as a DD AND IT'S CRYING MALIBOOHOOHOO.

This v6 mustang sounds cool and would be nice for a dd as no shifting needed.

It astounds me of the arrogance on this forum as of late.

The idiot.
The malibu runs low 11's. You're shitty dd doesnt want any. ALSO... still calling bs on the "dry kit" thats mounted "in the intake"

oh, and....

Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Damn that sucks man...I need to get a POS civic myself to drive to work, rackin up too many miles on my truck lol.

There are a lot of options if you aren't a biased retard, hopefully you make the right decision
That's probably why my transmission blew. Too many miles and too many 5000+lb trailers

Come on man, you know I'm not biased towards any one brand. I just love hp
Old 05-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 406malibu
The malibu runs low 11's. You're shitty dd doesnt want any. ALSO... still calling bs on the "dry kit" thats mounted "in the intake"

oh, and....

Did your mom snap that pic of you? Nice.

Not in the intake... UNDER the intake in the valley.... Been doing this since the 70's but with FI it's much easier as you need no fuel plumbing...

You know WAAAAY too much. I am finished here... I put up proof and now you got another beef.... C'mon Clara....

I
Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Launching!

That's scootin in a boat, I would think a 383 with heads/cam and a 400 shot would be a little quicker though, but I guess the weight really kills it. How much power did that impala put down N/A?

Car made 400ish whp n/a
Car went 12.8x n/a.
Nitrous was only cycling around 80%that eve. 100% is about 400 claimed.

It would dead hook just about any street with a broom, VHT and a torch for prep.

Last edited by nickate; 05-19-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Launching!

I like bein' the underdog... At RSD the odds are pretty good first 2-3 times out then the car gets a number and you're done. Hopefully by then you've paid for your build and made a few...

The mitsu's still pretty unknown but only because I can't get it to launch the same twice!
Needs an auto or more CID. Or a better AWD jock.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Did your mom snap that pic of you? Nice.
sick burn!..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude come on. You can buy that new Stang for $23,000 or whatever and buy all you want for it be in the 12's. You know how retarded that sounds. You could honestly buy even a good conditioned LT1 and mod the hell out of it for that much money and run much faster than 12's. You're sleeper idea in a brand new, even v-6 Mustang are ridiculous.

Of course a dozen people in this thread have told you this already.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by WarShrike
So you're going to mod a car that you'll also be making payments on? Good luck with that. If you're new to nitrous then you'll probably get greedy. You'll want it properly tuned, and if you grenade the engine I'm willing to bet that some of the techs will be able to pick out the tell tale signs of a nitrous install. You'll need a proper stall converter, not some el-cheapo so look into spending about $800 on a really good quality converter + a bigger trans cooler to keep the bigger stall happy.

If you really want to get a nitrous'd V6 go ahead. I don't get the same respect as the V8's by some, but some people are genuinely impressed by the work I put into my car and the overall quality of the build. I'll always get ribbed about not having a V8 or missing two cylinders etc, etc. I'm just doing it to have fun

If you're seriously intent on spending the coin, you can find some older car and make it your pet project. That way you're not out $30K in payments on a car that you're about to rag out.

I can fix this, Im a service advisor for chevrolet and used to be a tech for ford...

Nitrous requires a tune, tune voids warranty, untuned nitrous car = boom, when the freeze data is looked up after the boom and the data is studied (fuel tables, timing, rpm's throttle posistion). They are going to tell you to go **** yourself. (Not in such kind words though.)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I can fix this, Im a service advisor for chevrolet and used to be a tech for ford...

Nitrous requires a tune, tune voids warranty, untuned nitrous car = boom, when the freeze data is looked up after the boom and the data is studied (fuel tables, timing, rpm's throttle posistion). They are going to tell you to go **** yourself. (Not in such kind words though.)
Now THIS is why I'm on here... An educated dude with something INVALUABLE to contribute....

All my cars have been throttle cable to date... I'm behind the times when it comes to data acquisition and ECU complexity.

You have made me think about my purchase and mod program....
THANK YOU for a great point.

Waaay better than "It's a girlie car...."
Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

i just cant find buying a car for 2-3 money races then after that it being a waste worth it. but thats just me but hey if this is wat u want to do go for it. why not get a marauder or not care about being a sleeper pick up a c5 z06 and do minor bolt ons and be faster than the v6 mustang will ever be with the mods ur doing.

even if u reflash the ecu back to stock it gets recorded some dealerships will let it slide some wont its hit and miss, mainly depending on wat broke and how much it will cost to fix
Old 05-20-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i just cant find buying a car for 2-3 money races then after that it being a waste worth it. but thats just me but hey if this is wat u want to do go for it. why not get a marauder or not care about being a sleeper pick up a c5 z06 and do minor bolt ons and be faster than the v6 mustang will ever be with the mods ur doing.

even if u reflash the ecu back to stock it gets recorded some dealerships will let it slide some wont its hit and miss, mainly depending on wat broke and how much it will cost to fix
In a catastrophic failure situation ford requires a full freeze frame of all ecu data. You can reprogram the ecu back to factory parameters but you cannot delete the history in the PCM. The only thing you MIGHT get away with is if you were to buy a second PCM, program it and leave the factory one in the car. However the factory PCM mileage wont match with the odometer mileage (the odometer has its own internal memory that cant be reflashed) and ford will want warranty documentation for the gaps. The most you can get away with (aftermarket wise anyways) would be a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. The magnuson moss act allows for modification of a vehicle before the throttle body and after the catylytic converters. However if something happens and they can prove either modification caused the problem, you're SOL. Now I'm sure there will be a full catalog of ford racing parts for those cars in about 6 months, as long as they are installed by a certified dealership, you will have no warranty problems. Hopefully this helps your descision. Personally, while I still dont like mustangs, I think the car is the best its been since the 60's/70's with the exclusion of the 03/04 cobra of course. Nice cars, just not for me. I'll take my "worn out" 8 year old fbody anyday.

Quick Reply: Looking at a '11 V-6 Mustang... With a converter, tires and 100 shot