Sleeper - Viper powered 1956 F100
Not a sleeper - '11 Mustang

And to your 'spots' comments:
Run what ya brung.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickate

I have moved on from my crappy 400whp 00 Camaro to a little 4 cyl. 4 dr. Mitsu. as my DD. I'd like to bump into your "supernova" with my 4 cyl. turd. lol and we're close enough it could happen! Last year the Mitsu only went a 12.59@109. Now I'm off the stock turbo and cams.... hmmmm... (Bring CASH. DIG RACE.)
Ok? Ill race you now but since I dont have my 11 second Nova anymore Ill just race you in my Camaro. No matter how fast you run, you are still very much so a douchebag. So much so you went and proved that you do, in fact, sound like a guy who drives a v6 Mustang.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supernova1972
Ok? Ill race you now but since I dont have my 11 second Nova anymore Ill just race you in my Camaro. No matter how fast you run, you are still very much so a douchebag. So much so you went and proved that you do, in fact, sound like a guy who drives a v6 Mustang.
I'm gonna look ya up...
Old 05-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
In a catastrophic failure situation ford requires a full freeze frame of all ecu data. You can reprogram the ecu back to factory parameters but you cannot delete the history in the PCM. The only thing you MIGHT get away with is if you were to buy a second PCM, program it and leave the factory one in the car. However the factory PCM mileage wont match with the odometer mileage (the odometer has its own internal memory that cant be reflashed) and ford will want warranty documentation for the gaps. The most you can get away with (aftermarket wise anyways) would be a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. The magnuson moss act allows for modification of a vehicle before the throttle body and after the catylytic converters. However if something happens and they can prove either modification caused the problem, you're SOL. Now I'm sure there will be a full catalog of ford racing parts for those cars in about 6 months, as long as they are installed by a certified dealership, you will have no warranty problems. Hopefully this helps your descision. Personally, while I still dont like mustangs, I think the car is the best its been since the 60's/70's with the exclusion of the 03/04 cobra of course. Nice cars, just not for me. I'll take my "worn out" 8 year old fbody anyday.
Big help... Thanks!

I think I'm gonna pass even though I can get a pretty good deal. They ARE sharp cars though...
I talked with a friend that says ANY modding of the new stuff is not such a good idea if you want to keep your warranty....
Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by supernova1972
your feeding the troll lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nickate
I'm gonna look ya up...
Vincennes, IN. Black Z28. Stop me if you see me.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 406malibu
your feeding the troll lol.
I have trouble backing down from a challenge lol. Especially from someone who thinks it will upset me if my car gets beat.

Quick Reply: Looking at a '11 V-6 Mustang... With a converter, tires and 100 shot