Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

My SS vs a cammed GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SS vs a cammed GTO?

A good friend of mine has a 05 GTO with longtubes through stock exhaust with no cats and a CAI. It is a M6 and it has a MS3 cam and will be getting tuned 2moro. My car is in sig its a M6 also and will be spraying a 100 dry shot before the MAF. I am wondering what do you guys see as the outcome being if we race from a roll. We have raced from a 40 roll before and he didn't have the cam installed and I did not spray. He won all three times by no more than 1/2 car. I was honestly surprised when I lost and I am wondering with his cam vs my spray do I have the win or am I gonna be surprised again with a loss.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
A good friend of mine has a 05 GTO with longtubes through stock exhaust with no cats and a CAI. It is a M6 and it has a MS3 cam and will be getting tuned 2moro. My car is in sig its a M6 also and will be spraying a 100 dry shot before the MAF. I am wondering what do you guys see as the outcome being if we race from a roll. We have raced from a 40 roll before and he didn't have the cam installed and I did not spray. He won all three times by no more than 1/2 car. I was honestly surprised when I lost and I am wondering with his cam vs my spray do I have the win or am I gonna be surprised again with a loss.
I would put my money on you winning. I’m sure your car dynoed somewhere around 350 to 360 rwhp and we also know 390 gears eat rwhp, and with a 100 shot should put you somewhere around 440 to 450 rwhp thru the gear. Also your car is lighter then the gto by far. The Gto is somewhere around the 430+ rwhp mark, so you have the better power to weight ratio + better gearing. So like I said, I would put my money on you winning.
Good luck, Let us know how you do!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLOW GTO
I would put my money on you winning. I’m sure your car dynoed somewhere around 350 to 360 rwhp and we also know 390 gears eat rwhp, and with a 100 shot should put you somewhere around 440 to 450 rwhp thru the gear. Also your car is lighter then the gto by far. The Gto is somewhere around the 430+ rwhp mark, so you have the better power to weight ratio + better gearing. So like I said, I would put my money on you winning.
Good luck, Let us know how you do!
Thanks man I think your #'s on my car or dead on. I have not dynoed with the spray or the mail order tune. I did however dyno my car on the 100% stock tune and it put down 340 rwhp and 350rwtq with the 3.90 gear. I am guessing that the GTO will 420whp - 435whp.

With my spray making GOBS of instantaneous torque I see me fairly steadily pulling away while that big cam of his will be having to build "momentum." Either I am hoping to race him this weekend and will hopefully be on vid. Check the SRK section for it if anyine is interested.