Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

2v SN95 on 150 shot....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2v SN95 on 150 shot....

Curious how you guys think i would stack up from a dig street tire to street tire. My mods are below and i made 420rwhp/390tq. 2v SN95 car with gears exhaust and 150 shot. I have the bottle but agreed to the race on motor for ***** and giggles. He is super cocky and just curious how close it will be. Hoping traction is a major issue for him.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
***Repost Police***

If you race from a dig and he has decent tires, it's gonna be close. I still think even with his 150shot you're gonna pull him up top though.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

You will take the win if you can hook from a dig. If that is all he has he will be a match for a bolt-on LS1 w/ drag radials, not a LS1 making an extra 70hp.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

gonna be a hell of a lot harder for him to hook all that torque from the nitrous from a dig on street tires on the street. You should get him out of the hole and never look back.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

you are going to rip him

also depends on his nitrous setup...I raced a s197 with cai, muffler delete, 100 shot and DESTROYED him, I passed him out of the hole spinning and that's when I was stock stall, no underdrive, old tune, on street tires

granted I think his nitrous was just setup so his buddy in the pass seat was pushing a button for him but it made him look stupid either way
Old 06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will kill that guy if its the same one I'm thinking of... Guy works at advance auto parts and its a 97 cobra w/ a 2v now?

We came down there a week ago because he was talkin trash to me and a friend (cammed ls1) saying how bad he would kill us blah blah blah. Needless to say we went down there and he got beat by my friend from a dig and then I killed him from a roll.

You will have no problem with it. Oh and when are you goin to go up to Indy with us? Indy hp shootout is Saturday?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

same car...i was out of town on vacation or i wouldve been up there to see some races. I am good friends with the guy that has the black 01 but i barely know the other kid in the 97. I was told when he raced you guys he was off the bottle though.

I am having a house full sat for the Lesnar/Carwin fight or i would.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will take it... He will hang if both hooks but you will get him more up top but he will run with you for a bit..
Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I take it back didnt know you had a stall and it was a auto (and dumb of me not reading mods just rwhp; it being from a dig you will just get him)
Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You will kill that guy if its the same one I'm thinking of... Guy works at advance auto parts and its a 97 cobra w/ a 2v now?

We came down there a week ago because he was talkin trash to me and a friend (cammed ls1) saying how bad he would kill us blah blah blah. Needless to say we went down there and he got beat by my friend from a dig and then I killed him from a roll.

You will have no problem with it. Oh and when are you goin to go up to Indy with us? Indy hp shootout is Saturday?
WTF?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the previous owner bought the car with a blown motor and coudnt afford a 4v so he put a bolt on 2v in it.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thislswon
i think the previous owner bought the car with a blown motor and coudnt afford a 4v so he put a bolt on 2v in it.
Thats the equivalent of putting an LT1 in a 98-02 because you cant afford a ls1. Hes not the brightest obviously.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thislswon
same car...i was out of town on vacation or i wouldve been up there to see some races. I am good friends with the guy that has the black 01 but i barely know the other kid in the 97. I was told when he raced you guys he was off the bottle though.

I am having a house full sat for the Lesnar/Carwin fight or i would.
Ah I got ya well that will be fun too for sure. We will have to come down there again soon to hang out whenever you are out.

And he is full of **** sayin he was off the bottle, Travis's cammed ls1 runs like a rapped ape and I was sprayin my car and didnt pull him hard but was pulling pretty easy so I know he wasnt on motor. Thats the guy that used to have a 05 v6 that he thought was the fastest thing ever.

I met the guy with the black 01 and he was a pretty cool guy

Originally Posted by ponygt65
WTF?
Haha yea stupid right? The guy that had the car always raced it and sprayed the hell out of it and blew the 4v up and had a spare 2v that he threw in there so he could still race and blew it up and then he put it back togther with spare parts he had and then sold it. Now this other guy has it
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Ah I got ya well that will be fun too for sure. We will have to come down there again soon to hang out whenever you are out.

And he is full of **** sayin he was off the bottle, Travis's cammed ls1 runs like a rapped ape and I was sprayin my car and didnt pull him hard but was pulling pretty easy so I know he wasnt on motor. Thats the guy that used to have a 05 v6 that he thought was the fastest thing ever.

I met the guy with the black 01 and he was a pretty cool guy

Haha yea stupid right? The guy that had the car always raced it and sprayed the hell out of it and blew the 4v up and had a spare 2v that he threw in there so he could still race and blew it up and then he put it back togther with spare parts he had and then sold it. Now this other guy has it
yup, should have at least put a 302 or 351 than a 2v. Dumbass ford owner if you ask me.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

You'll have him. Very tough to hook on nitrous on a dig since too much torq; he needs nitrous management to do well. I never N2O in first, its useless unless to spin the tires to impress plp loll
Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Thats the equivalent of putting an LT1 in a 98-02 because you cant afford a ls1. Hes not the brightest obviously.
That is a great comparison!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
You'll have him. Very tough to hook on nitrous on a dig since too much torq; he needs nitrous management to do well. I never N2O in first, its useless unless to spin the tires to impress plp loll
Pay attention much? They already raced and he won by alot.

Quick Reply: 2v SN95 on 150 shot....