Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Question: Stock 01 ws6 vs 03/04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I also find it funny that you say the avg mph is 111-113, the record ALL TIME with an incredible driver is 113 while bein in a killer da, that make sense?

I have argued this many times being on both sides of fence. People need to get a dictionary out and look up biased and average.
Ok, and the record ALL TIME for the LS1 was .5/5mph slower with the same driver. I don't get why you think they are an even match when one is trapping 5mph faster on average, you are trying to compare a shitty running Cobra to a great running LS1, or a shitty Cobra driver to a good LS1 driver. To compare apples to apples, equal drivers in both cars running the same day the Cobra will win every time. He didn't ask can I get lucky and take one, he wanted to know how his car lined up against one.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartone
Ok, and the record ALL TIME for the LS1 was .5/5mph slower with the same driver. I don't get why you think they are an even match when one is trapping 5mph faster on average, you are trying to compare a shitty running Cobra to a great running LS1, or a shitty Cobra driver to a good LS1 driver. To compare apples to apples, equal drivers in both cars running the same day the Cobra will win every time. He didn't ask can I get lucky and take one, he wanted to know how his car lined up against one.
Thanks for proving my point. awesome comprehension skills you have there.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Had to point this out, the LS1 F-body record is 12.89@108. Terminator record is 12.43@113. Ironically both set by Evan Smith, about .5/5mph difference.
necrocannibal claimed to have ran a 12.86 or 88 with his bird bone stock (IIRC).
Old 10-30-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Talking

lemons12 is the man. end of story.

one of the few rational members on here.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS

Old 10-30-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS

Originally Posted by dabest09
I try, sometimes stooping to their levels for things to make sense is a bit of a challenge. not too many different ways to word or explain one sentence, or.for that matter one word (ie. Average).

Camaro94, funny Sig. And quoted for truth.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Had to point this out, the LS1 F-body record is 12.89@108. Terminator record is 12.43@113. Ironically both set by Evan Smith, about .5/5mph difference.

That should be the end of the argument.

Helluva driver getting the most out of both cars.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Heater
That should be the end of the argument.

Helluva driver getting the most out of both cars.
For the more simple minded, yes it should be.

For the rest of us we can undrstand that the chances of someome normal, can normally drive an fbody much better than a cobra. This is where the definition "average" comes into play.

There is a difference between a cars potential, no driver skill involved, good da, good trackx etc. And what a car runs on average, you have to take into account Evan smith is not behind the wheel, normal da, normal track, etc. For some reason people can't grasp this simple concept.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree lemons only speaks truths even if he does bat for the wrong team sometimes!!!

Hehe
Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 AM
On The Tree

Apparently I'm a little simple minded; what's so hard about launching a Cobra?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Seeings how it's a drivers race between the F-Bodies and a Mach1, the 03/04 Cobra definitely has the edge given equal drivers.

Not hating..... I'd love to have a WS6.

Also... I'd just like to point out. Of the 4 races I've had in my Mach against equally modded F-Bodies I haven't lost one. The only 2 losses were against HCI+ BPU F-Bodies. The irony to me is the Mach has so much less power but is comparable in wt.... not sure if this is the norm or not. I know there are some bolt on beast LS1's out there\m/

How many of you have launched and drove both an ls1 and a cobra?

Your average driver will do much better in an fbody than a cobra. Therefore your .4 difference has now dropped to about a .2, .3 at max. I would break it down more but am on phone and you guys *should be able to figure it out on your own.
I actually ******* hate tech at time. In three days I have talked to more dumbasses than I think I have ever in a six month span in real life.

And you others just agreeing, get off the wagon and think for yourself.
Having owned a Terminator, Z28M6 and a Mach1- I found the clutch pretty brutal in the Cobra..... BUT (maybe due to more seat time) I found the Cobra easier to drive than the Z28. Mach was easiest to drive out of all three. JMO though.

Last edited by Z28usmc; 10-31-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Bout like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvjyj24QTTU
Old 10-31-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by baalic
I agree lemons only speaks truths even if he does bat for the wrong team sometimes!!!

Hehe
just tell it how it is.

Originally Posted by Heater
Apparently I'm a little simple minded; what's so hard about launching a Cobra?
they arent he most difficult car to launch but are definitely harder than an fjody, makes a difference when talking averages.

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
Seeings how it's a drivers race between the F-Bodies and a Mach1, the 03/04 Cobra definitely has the edge given equal drivers.

Not hating..... I'd love to have a WS6.

Also... I'd just like to point out. Of the 4 races I've had in my Mach against equally modded F-Bodies I haven't lost one. The only 2 losses were against HCI+ BPU F-Bodies. The irony to me is the Mach has so much less power but is comparable in wt.... not sure if this is the norm or not. I know there are some bolt on beast LS1's out there\m/

Having owned a Terminator, Z28M6 and a Mach1- I found the clutch pretty brutal in the Cobra..... BUT (maybe due to more seat time) I found the Cobra easier to drive than the Z28. Mach was easiest to drive out of all three. JMO though.
No doubt about it, tba cobra has a very nice advantage and should come out on top every time. On average it is not as much ahead as it should be.though by looking at the performance of the.cars.

Everybody I have ever talked to or known, including myself, that has drove.both say the cobra is much harder to launch and shift. They most definitely can be launched and shifted hard though.
Like I said.. the same driver in both cars, aka equal drivers, the cobra is going to be more difficult to drive for he vast majority of people, aka average. Putting the cobra with a tad worse sixty foot or the same but a quicker mph. This is where i get the .2 and 2-3 mph faster from.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just tell it how it is.

they arent he most difficult car to launch but are definitely harder than an fjody, makes a difference when talking averages.

No doubt about it, tba cobra has a very nice advantage and should come out on top every time. On average it is not as much ahead as it should be.though by looking at the performance of the.cars.

Everybody I have ever talked to or known, including myself, that has drove.both say the cobra is much harder to launch and shift. They most definitely can be launched and shifted hard though.
Like I said.. the same driver in both cars, aka equal drivers, the cobra is going to be more difficult to drive for he vast majority of people, aka average. Putting the cobra with a tad worse sixty foot or the same but a quicker mph. This is where i get the .2 and 2-3 mph faster from.
Your talking out of your *** Guy. I owned a 03 for 7 years, there's no magic to launching a termi. Its just like launching an F-body, just takes a little seat time and practice. I ran my PB of 12.88@112 my first night out in that car with less than 200 miles on it.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Your talking out of your *** Guy. I owned a 03 for 7 years, there's no magic to launching a termi. Its just like launching an F-body, just takes a little seat time and practice. I ran my PB of 12.88@112 my first night out in that car with less than 200 miles on it.
I've dealt with you before, you might take the cake for the biggest idiot in this thread.

You are right, launching and driving a cobra and an fbody are the same. I mean, they are the same car, why would it be different? Both have same rears both make same HP/tq at the same rpms, i could go on and on.. simply put though, like you say, there is no difference in launching and driving them

Out of all the other people in this thread that have not launched and drove both and looked heavily into both platforms, you decided to tell me that I am talking out of my ***. Has nothing to do with you dont like hearing my opinion on the matter, eh? You never talk out of your *** do you Mr., you dont own a trans am let alone run those times with those mods.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with you before, you might take the cake for the biggest idiot in this thread.

You are right, launching and driving a cobra and an fbody are the same. I mean, they are the same car, why would it be different? Both have same rears both make same HP/tq at the same rpms, i could go on and on.. simply put though, like you say, there is no difference in launching and driving them

Out of all the other people in this thread that have not launched and drove both and looked heavily into both platforms, you decided to tell me that I am talking out of my ***. Has nothing to do with you dont like hearing my opinion on the matter, eh? You never talk out of your *** do you Mr., you dont own a trans am let alone run those times with those mods.
You resort to excessive name calling and put downs to cover up the fact that your just plain ignorant. That's cool. Anyway this thread was over when LS/LT made his last post. lol Carry on...
Old 10-31-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
You resort to excessive name calling and put downs to cover up the fact that your just plain ignorant. That's cool. Anyway this thread was over when LS/LT made his last post. lol Carry on...
I'm sorry that i didnt feel the need to yet AGAIN give you another example of what I was saying. like i said you can only say something so many ways, when you have people like yourself that still dont get it there isn't much hope.

I didn't resort to ajything, i had nothing to say to you because you made.no other valid points besides the genius ones already stated.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

You are still looking at it as average Cobra times vs. good LS1 times. An average driver jumping into both cars would run high 12s-low 13s in a Cobra, mid-high 13s in a LS1 car, which is still a good size gap. That 5mph trap advantage doesn't ever go away unless it's a REALLY shitty driver, so on a roll like most street races are (and what the OP was asking) the Cobra is going to walk pretty easily. With two average cars and drivers, not a factory freak LS1 with a pro driver vs. a used and abused Cobra and a shitty driver, the Cobra will take the cake every time.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gocartone
You are still looking at it as average Cobra times vs. good LS1 times. An average driver jumping into both cars would run high 12s-low 13s in a Cobra, mid-high 13s in a LS1 car, which is still a good size gap. That 5mph trap advantage doesn't ever go away unless it's a REALLY shitty driver, so on a roll like most street races are (and what the OP was asking) the Cobra is going to walk pretty easily. With two average cars and drivers, not a factory freak LS1 with a pro driver vs. a used and abused Cobra and a shitty driver, the Cobra will take the cake every time.
You sure are giving redfire a run for his money in this thread.

I could give a **** how ricers race. He asked who would win in a race, first and only thing I think or care about is from a dig to eighth or quarter mile. What happens from a roll is irrelevant.

And unless i missed it the op never stated if this was from a dig, roll, street, track, etc..

You must have missed the part where I said the cobra would win and that it most definitely has an advantage. On average though it is nowhere near as ugly as some are making it out to be.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Cobra FTW. stock V stock

Quick Reply: Question: Stock 01 ws6 vs 03/04 cobra