Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Just ordered TReX cam!!!! What will it make?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

799 are the same as 243/LS6 heads, don't know if you knew that or not. 430 shouldn't be out of the question.

The more gear the better. Spin it to 7000 and have fun.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did know that, Plus i found them complete with valve covers for 250.00

And 430 will make me happy. My whole life modding cars i have never hit a power goal due to having goals at the tip top of whats possible. Would be like me shooting for 460-475 on this. Possible but not very likely.

As far as gear, i was worried about traction in 1st and 2nd on the street. The 4.08 is probably as much gear as it will see. Rpms will depend on situation. If im needing an extra couple hundred rpms ill rev it but if i dont ill probably shift at 6500 or so. 7000 will be my max. 6800 will be a high rev limit. With the tire and the gear my rpms should never fall below 4500 and from the graphs ive seen is very close to peak torque which should work out nicely.

Thanks for all the replies guys, i will definitely post both dyno results and track results. I I have a few friends with dynos and i will be able to try a Mustang dyno and a dyno dynamics to compare. I also have a friend with a dynomite if i decide to try that.

Quick Reply: Just ordered TReX cam!!!! What will it make?