1/4Mile and HP Difference between these CAMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011 | 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Default 1/4Mile and HP Difference between these CAMS

Small 206 112 LSA .522/.529 CAM

TO

The 224 or 228 112 LSA CAMs...

Looking For HP production on Cams only, this will help In my Final decision.

Thanks to All
Old 05-30-2011 | 01:17 PM
On The Tree

You have come to the best site in my opinion to help you learn. Slow down a bit...do some research, look around, read a little.

There are many who will help you learn on here. It will take a bit but you ( should ) will figure out who knows **** or who is talking ****...

Questions like this one covers a whole hell of a lot of ground.
*** First off, why don't you go up in the upper left ( under the LS1 Banner )
jump in the User CP, and build yourself a Signature so everyone can see what you have or haven't done to your car yet..That will help you and others out big time.

vvv Good luck and by the way a good daily driver cam with great numbers vvv

LS Hydraulic Roller Camshaft; 228'/232', .612"/.612", 113'+4'; 2,200 to 6,200 RPM

I learned that one from reda4 , ( thanks red )

Last edited by SSCAMARO02LS1; 05-30-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: forgot to thank
Old 05-30-2011 | 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ssreda4 Is a noob and doesn't know jack..........

Now that we got that out of the way!

There will be a solid margin between the two.. however, you can't ask that question all else equal. That cam would be fine with an ls1 intake. A 228 cam will need an ls6 intake to breath.
Therefore, the "correct" setup will be different on each car and can't fairly be asked either way.

In most cases I would expect a solid .2-.3 et and 3-4mph difference in the two.
Old 05-30-2011 | 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSCAMARO02LS1
You have come to the best site in my opinion to help you learn. Slow down a bit...do some research, look around, read a little.

There are many who will help you learn on here. It will take a bit but you ( should ) will figure out who knows **** or who is talking ****...

Questions like this one covers a whole hell of a lot of ground.
*** First off, why don't you go up in the upper left ( under the LS1 Banner )
jump in the User CP, and build yourself a Signature so everyone can see what you have or haven't done to your car yet..That will help you and others out big time.

vvv Good luck and by the way a good daily driver cam with great numbers vvv

LS Hydraulic Roller Camshaft; 228'/232', .612"/.612", 113'+4'; 2,200 to 6,200 RPM

I learned that one from reda4 , ( thanks red )

Is this a little better?...

Just trying to figure out if there is a way this 206 cam has a chance in the track... Otherwise the 224 or 228 will require alot more MODS
Old 05-30-2011 | 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you do it correctly it won't take a lot more mods. What do you mean by that?

I have already told you what baby stock ls6 cams are running with a good setup.

You need to stop listening to so many people. A lot of people that I have seen posting I know for a fact don't know enough to be giving advice that they are.

Just end this.. The easiest route for you to take is call Texas speed and tell them you want the 228r package and get you everything else you need to mark that swap possible.

You have got good info from multiple senior members along with links o any product you want.
Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-30-2011 | 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

with an 02 hes already got the ls6 intake. i had a 228r and personally i felt it was too small. go with something in the 230 range with a spilt.
Old 05-30-2011 | 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
Ssreda4 Is a noob and doesn't know jack..........

Now that we got that out of the way!

There will be a solid margin between the two.. however, you can't ask that question all else equal. That cam would be fine with an ls1 intake. A 228 cam will need an ls6 intake to breath.
Therefore, the "correct" setup will be different on each car and can't fairly be asked either way.
'02 T/A - Am I missing something here ?
Also, not sure who you are referring to as far as giving advice... don't really care either.
I do want to make this clear though. I would never give advice on something, that I am or was unclear of, without being 100% sure / researching first.
I have a lot of respect for you guys that have been around for years helping out those in need. So thanks for that.

Just a noob,
Later
Old 05-30-2011 | 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by usafws6
with an 02 hes already got the ls6 intake. i had a 228r and personally i felt it was too small. go with something in the 230 range with a spilt.
Yes, I was just giving an example.
I run a 226, its all in the setup. A 226 cam will take you to the 6s@96mph....10s@120+ 1/4. For the awesome driving manners I get, I think thats respectable.
'02 T/A - Am I missing something here ?
Also, not sure who you are referring to as far as giving advice... don't really care either.
I do want to make this clear though. I would never give advice on something, that I am or was unclear of, without being 100% sure / researching first.
I have a lot of respect for you guys that have been around for years helping out those in need. So thanks for that.

Just a noob,
Later
As stated, I was just using an example.

I think you misunderstood what I said. That was not directed towards you at all. I thought you were speaking about 01ssreda4, a moderator, that I cut up and pm with on a regular basis.. you referenced him in your post I thought and I was poking fun at him... hence the jester smilie
Nothing in any of the other post was directed at you or anyone in this thread, it was from another thread he started.
As far as I can remember I haven't seen you spread false info or be advice, so I would have no reason to pick on you.

Hopefully that cleared any misunderstanding up and you feel a bit at ease with my post.

**typed from phone
Old 05-30-2011 | 10:35 PM
On The Tree

I appreciate that man. Have to admit, I thought u were slammin' me.

Also, I was talking about 01redssa4 - red has been very helpful in my learning process.

This isn't some kiss-*** BS either, its nice to see some of you bigger dogs taking the time to helping us pups learn. it is appreciated. I have learned a lot from you, RPM, red,Ultimate and Detoxx... their are a few others.

Have a good 1. Oh yea, 02/TA - These guys know ****, they don't talk it - Good Luck
Old 05-30-2011 | 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
If you do it correctly it won't take a lot more mods. What do you mean by that?

I have already told you what baby stock ls6 cams are running with a good setup.

You need to stop listening to so many people. A lot of people that I have seen posting I know for a fact don't know enough to be giving advice that they are.

Just end this.. The easiest route for you to take is call Texas speed and tell them you want the 228r package and get you everything else you need to mark that swap possible.

You have got good info from multiple senior members along with links o any product you want.
Good luck with your decision.

Yes you are right... And i Appreciate all the time you took to break stuff down for me.
I now know how to read a cam size, what lsa is and all in between mean. I truely was overwelmed with all this info. Im confident in making the right choice tomorrow when i call summit and texas speed about my set up/goals.

You are a good sport...

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 05-30-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2011 | 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I appreciate that man. Have to admit, I thought u were slammin' me.

Also, I was talking about 01redssa4 - red has been very helpful in my learning process.

This isn't some kiss-*** BS either, its nice to see some of you bigger dogs taking the time to helping us pups learn. it is appreciated. I have learned a lot from you, RPM, red,Ultimate and Detoxx... their are a few others.

Have a good 1. Oh yea, 02/TA - These guys know ****, they don't talk it - Good Luck
There are awesome helpful members all over. Nobody knows everything.. But a ton of people know a little about individual things. I learn something new almost every day I log on here.. You get to where you think you understand something, then you add something in the mix and have another 4 hours worth of reading to do.
Remember however many countless hours on here I have spent researching and learning, it will do little for you guys.. Best way to learn is to read read read... Read all the stickies, read build threads, read what will it run threads, Dyno threads, shop tests on parts, reviews, how things work and operate... List goes on. It may be over your head now but later it will come together. That way you can build the it the way YOU want to reach your goals.. Not take my word, a shops word trying to make a buck, some noo that doesn't even have a lid, etc..

***phone

Quick Reply: 1/4Mile and HP Difference between these CAMS