Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Guesses on Evo vs LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guesses on Evo vs LS1

A few weeks ago some new cars showed up in the parking lot. Two Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions. I don't know much about these cars in general, and I don't know if these are modified or not. I snapped a picture of each, also have no idea what year they are. I've yet to actually talk with the owners, so I haven't had a chance to ask them questions yet.

I would guess they are mid 2000's Evo's, and in stock form they are rated at 286HP and 289TQ with a 2.0 T/C in line 4 cylinder. They come with either a 5 speed or 6 speed manual, automatics are not an option. They are AWD and weigh around 3,200-3,300 lbs. This is assuming they are a stock '06 Evo.

My car is an auto, lid and cat-back only. Guesses on possible outcome of these races? I'm guessing they might get me from a dig, being AWD, but I would hope my additional 70HP would help me run them down in a longer race.
Attached Thumbnails Guesses on Evo vs LS1-img_20120502_132550.jpg   Guesses on Evo vs LS1-img_20120502_132558.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally mod dependent. those cars in stock trim are not impressive at all, imho. however, they are factory boosted cars with a **** ton of potential. and unless they're modded, dig or roll should lend you the victor. i can't tell you how many stockish evos my buddy and i drug off stoplights with his stock a4 b4c car. awd doesn't really mean much if they don't have the power to spin those 4 tires. but his car would 1.8/1.9 @ the track and do the exact same on the street.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
totally mod dependent. those cars in stock trim are not impressive at all, imho. however, they are factory boosted cars with a **** ton of potential. and unless they're modded, dig or roll should lend you the victor. i can't tell you how many stockish evos my buddy and i drug off stoplights with his stock a4 b4c car. awd doesn't really mean much if they don't have the power to spin those 4 tires. but his car would 1.8/1.9 @ the track and do the exact same on the street.
Would it even be close? Even in stock trim they don't seem like much of a lsouch, lighter, AWD, and manual. Only real edge I have is horsepower and torque, and maybe my auto vs their manual, if they aren't good at shifting.

Just looked up a few times on google, looks like they hit mid 13's on average.

Quick Reply: Guesses on Evo vs LS1