Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

QTP GM EFI Race #4 Results and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default QTP GM EFI Race #4 Results and Pics

All i can say is wow. What a great time is was this past saturday at the QTP GM EFI Race #4 at Englishtown. I was a great turnout of some serious cars. The Quick Time 8 Heads Up Race was great. We had a full field and 5 of the 8 cars were in the 9s.

We did have one accident during time runs. It seems Jim thought he was racing in Nascar. He felt he would faster if he switched lanes during the race and get behind Mark and draft him. It didnt work to well when the 1/4 panel kissed the wall. With the exception of couple shots from fellow racers he was fine and didnt get hurt which was good.

Do not ask me how in the world did Steve still make the field. We had more then 8 cars in the 10s at the start of time runs but he still got in.

In qualifing
Low ET was 9.538 by Rick(Firehawk441)
Top Speed was 142.13 by Jason(JL-WS6)

Here is how the races went

Round 1
Firehawk 441 Vs Quick Time
Firehawk Winner

1984CamaroZ28 vs blk04z06
1984CamaroZ28 Winner

JL WS6 vs Annoyomus
Winner JL WS6

TekTrans Vs Regar
Redgar Replaced with Sprayed99
Winner TekTrans

Round 2
Firehawk441 vs 1984CamaroZ28
Charles got a flat slick back after round one. Bye run Rick
Winner Firehawk441

JL WS6 vs Tektrans
Winner JL WS6

Finals
JL WS6 vs Firehawk441
Winner JL WS6

Congrates to Jason (JL WS6) for being the winner of the QT8 at QTP GM EFI Race #4.

Also there was some new bests to be had on saturday
Firehawk 441-9.52
JLWS6-9.53
blk04Z06-10.50@130

I made another 9 second pass. A 9.94@137.69 Time to get my license.

But the big story is i pulled a 1.30 60ft with my SS. Ya thats right a better 60ft than all the cars there. And it might be a 6 speed record.

I also had more wheelies on saturday. Some 2 and 3 wheelies on each pass. It was fun.

Going to try to get some videos up by next week. Been real crazy with getting ready for SEMA.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Here are some pictures. All the pictures are here.
http://quicktimeperformance.com/XFIL...hootout_Oct08/
If anyone wants hi res pics email or pm us.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. I thought about going down with Jay and Chef, but LVD is an hour closer and I got screwed runs-wise last time I went to E-town, so I opted for LVD and also hit some new PBs.

Congrats, Jay. That car is moving out, but I still think you should throw a 6-speed in it and tune it for the street.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics. Looks like some good racing.

Hope to be out next year with something a little different
Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Internet Mechanic

People should take note on how Jay's car leaves, No wheelie bars, no sissy sticks, just properly set up and gets down to business.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

those are some damn nice action shots
Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
People should take note on how Jay's car leaves, No wheelie bars, no sissy sticks, just properly set up and gets down to business.
Meaning what exactly?
Not taking anything from Jay, he won and he's got a runner there
but he's not 60 footing low 1.3's-high 1.29's either.
Ok with you if I don't want to put my car on the bumper, or what?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by tektrans
Meaning what exactly?
Not taking anything from Jay, he won and he's got a runner there
but he's not 60 footing low 1.3's-high 1.29's either.
Ok with you if I don't want to put my car on the bumper, or what?
no... I think you should put your car on the bumper...

Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
no... I think you should put your car on the bumper...

haha, maybe if you were in the 12 second club I MIGHT take suspension advice from you.
But you're not so f*ck off! hehe
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tektrans
haha, maybe if you were in the 12 second club I MIGHT take suspension advice from you.
But you're not so f*ck off! hehe
I think you should put your car on the bumper ...can't use that excuse now
Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
8 second mod

my car ran for a few years 9.0-9.6 with no sissy sticks, i had a close call and decided to throw them on as alot of guys do. running 1.3 60's aint easy.
wheelie bars=$500 bumper ride= lots more

also, please note Jay has been on his bumper
i like JL and you and the cars, but i would keep the bar comments to a minimum, my car barly touched the sissy sticks this season, i had them set high as possable, and i was still running 1.29-1.32 60s not touching my bars. i have stock front and rear springs, no limiters etc etc, its not impossable, but for cash flow, sissy sticks are smart. lol

nice pics
Old 10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought about putting bars on it to be honest, and with the way I'm getting beat up in the first 60 feet maybe I need to get the car standing up more.

I am not sure if the weight is some of the issue with why I haven't been able to consistantly get it better in the 60 foot, it has and will go a mid to high 1.3, the first run was a 1.39, but with the way the track went away it wasn't gonna do it again.

I honestly was expecting it to be back in the 1.35 range, and I think if Etown's track was like it was for pinks in july it would have, with the way other people were also spinning, I think they'll agree.

I need to work on it some more, you guys taught me that.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
8 second mod

part of traction is hooking every time. if the track goes away you need to adjust..

like i said as well, your car leaves, i just dont think it comes across very good when Black comes here with a 12 sec ride and tells these guys how to hook. i like him, and know what he meens, but these guys been there done that
Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM

Come on guys lets not start debating who's set up is better, everyone sets a car up differently and the set ups on all these cars are different especially choice of tires,suspension settings, converters, tires, as i think most of the guys there were on Radial Slicks, and they also run wheelie bars and their cars leave hard no doubt

we had a great time and will be back for more REAL HEADS UP RACING
Old 10-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Internet Mechanic

Just bustin ***** guys, dont worry too much lol. I am about 5-6k if I want to spend it to put this car into the 10's and if I want to make it a gutted rat trap, it can be in the 9's. I just need to decide where the line is drawn.

I will prob be that skull that will get it to run a 10 on the stock short block and get kicked out becuase I really dont want to cage it for a street car.

I saw alot of vids with alot of cars slaming their nose up and down. That could be the difference between a win and a loss and some races were damn close.

We cant all expect the track prep to be perfect now, can we?

Just a fyi, I didnt get sore when people wave the 12 B.S. Flag in my face. It's all in good fun.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 10-20-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Race your car!

BS machine is not speaking on my behalf here, this is his opinion.

Personally, after seeing the way Rick's car left, tektrans car left and Barry's car left I have alot of work to do, because if I can make the power down track to run the MPH, the car should be able to leave harder then it is.

I think it's squatting too much, I'm probably still set up a little safer then it needs to be to leave as hard as possible, but after I stood it up I went a little gunshy with it.

Wheelie bars are a serious consideration at this point, I may be havnig a set built when the miinitub gets done so I can put the bigger tire on the car, also something that I think would be beneficial after seeign 1/2 the cars there with taller tires then I'm on.

Believe me, I'm no expert and don't claim to be. My car leaves decent, but not great. Did the track prep lack on saturday yes, did I adjust for it not as much as I should have, but I didn't realize it was going away as bad as it did until after the semi final round and I didn't want to go making a change that could cause an unknown result to happen.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Race your car!

And BS machine, next year don't bail out, show up to the event!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Internet Mechanic

Oh, I will.

Now I got the bug again.

Just an FYI, which I dont put in my sig.... back 4 years ago I was running LTX stuff and doing the same, trying to make it a street/strip car and it had won some races.

it was a camshaft, gear/stall change, a plate kit and some weight out to being a serious racecar. 10's on LTX isnt a joke and it was quickly becoming that. But emissions and registration purpouses put the kibash on that and I decided to cut loose and learn on LSX which I have been learning on ALOT of different cars. Not Just JL's but am soaking up alot of info from him and others.

Frankly I got sick of emissions laws, and I didnt want to tow the car yet, and the 4L80e stuff wasnt out yet and frankly the motor makes better power. So thats why its a LSX came in.

I got a plan to put foot to ***, and put up a # like you have never known. I am a little sick of running the stick, you break nothing but parts and its so inconsistant. I have a won an event at LVD, nothing special but not everyone here can say they did that.

I realized after getting PB, its about enjoying the car, and winning some trophies. I really dont want to get back to building cars on credit, but I have and I might just have to do so....

So for those who got a lil sore, just playing, you dont know me any more then I know you, and this is the internet. I will be down, either myself or others, and I will sure to post it, come on up and say hi.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome Pictures..
This one is definitely my favorite sofar
Hope everyone returns next year..
Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, I will.

Now I got the bug again.

Just an FYI, which I dont put in my sig.... back 4 years ago I was running LTX stuff and doing the same, trying to make it a street/strip car and it had won some races.

it was a camshaft, gear/stall change, a plate kit and some weight out to being a serious racecar. 10's on LTX isnt a joke and it was quickly becoming that. But emissions and registration purpouses put the kibash on that and I decided to cut loose and learn on LSX which I have been learning on ALOT of different cars. Not Just JL's but am soaking up alot of info from him and others.

Frankly I got sick of emissions laws, and I didnt want to tow the car yet, and the 4L80e stuff wasnt out yet and frankly the motor makes better power. So thats why its a LSX came in.

I got a plan to put foot to ***, and put up a # like you have never known. I am a little sick of running the stick, you break nothing but parts and its so inconsistant. I have a won an event at LVD, nothing special but not everyone here can say they did that.

I realized after getting PB, its about enjoying the car, and winning some trophies. I really dont want to get back to building cars on credit, but I have and I might just have to do so....

So for those who got a lil sore, just playing, you dont know me any more then I know you, and this is the internet. I will be down, either myself or others, and I will sure to post it, come on up and say hi.
I don't know why everyone says the sticks are inconsistent. When I go to the track at this point, I run the same ETs to the tenth and trap the same mph all day unless I decide to make a change to the setup or try a new launch/shift technique. There are only 2 reasons a manual would not be as consistent as an auto:

1) you aren't a consistent driver and probably need to work on that

2) something's up with your setup that you need to work out

That's pretty much it. Do they take a little longer to figure out and dial in with each new setup? Yes, but that's all part of the fun in my eyes. Once it's dialed in, there's no reason is should be any less consistent than an auto. Now that's not to say that you won't ET quicker with the auto, but consistency is what we're talking about here, not being quicker.