Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Brock Lesnar New UFC Champ!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008 | 10:19 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Fedor needs to get his *** signed into the UFC and fight some real fighters then we'll see how good people say he is.

Lol. Thats all most too funny.

Old 11-18-2008 | 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Fedor needs to get his *** signed into the UFC and fight some real fighters then we'll see how good people say he is.
Wow, I take it you don't think much of Fedor. I personally think he's a beast and hope he would dominate in UFC, but even if he gets in there and isn't that great it would be good to know either way. I definitely agree with that.

But regarding how good he is, I guess none of the following know what the hell they're talking about: "Emelianenko has been considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last five years by many major publications, including ESPN, the Orange County Register, The Fight Network, the Houston Chronicle, The Wrestling Observer, and Inside MMA.[9][10] He was also chosen as the greatest fighter of all time across all weight classes by the expert panel of the television show Inside MMA." Also, all of those Sambo championships and Judo medals don't count for much these days, I guess...

And I probably don't need to mention how badly and quickly former UFC heavyweight belt holder (multiple times) Tim Sylvia was destroyed by Fedor. What did that one last, 30 seconds?

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 11-18-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2008 | 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MaSTi
I haven't seen too many recent fights, but one that would interest me is Rampage Jackson vs. Lesnar. There's a feew other's that I'd like to see. Maybe Forrest Griffen to show Lesnar how to scrap for a win.
right now neither are in lesnars weight class.
Old 11-18-2008 | 11:45 AM
Launching!

I know, but it's be a good fight if they were. Tell that giant to loose some pounds.
Old 11-18-2008 | 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know much about the ufc but I don't think he deserved a title match with a 2-1 record. Oh well. When Frank Mir wins the intirm fight for the title match then I hope he knocks Lesnars *** out again.
Old 11-18-2008 | 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Fedor is #1 for a reason, he would smash Lesnar.
Old 11-18-2008 | 12:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chace02ws6
I don't know much about the ufc but I don't think he deserved a title match with a 2-1 record. Oh well. When Frank Mir wins the intirm fight for the title match then I hope he knocks Lesnars *** out again.
knocks him out again? what fight did you watch?
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:11 PM
Internet Mechanic

Case in Point......

In November 2007, Emelianenko competed once again in the World Combat Sambo Championships, which brought together 780 representatives from 45 countries. When his opponent in the quarterfinals failed to show up, he received a bye to the semifinals, where he submitted a Bulgarian fighter with a choke in 40 seconds. The other finalist declined to compete, defaulting victory to Emelianenko.[24]

^ a b Leidecker, Tim (November 10, 2007). "Fedor Defends Combat Sambo World Championship". Sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fed...mpionship-9904
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't car about weight differences here, but Anderson Silva should move up and take the heavy weight belt from Lesnar.
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Case in Point......

In November 2007, Emelianenko competed once again in the World Combat Sambo Championships, which brought together 780 representatives from 45 countries. When his opponent in the quarterfinals failed to show up, he received a bye to the semifinals, where he submitted a Bulgarian fighter with a choke in 40 seconds. The other finalist declined to compete, defaulting victory to Emelianenko.[24]

^ a b Leidecker, Tim (November 10, 2007). "Fedor Defends Combat Sambo World Championship". Sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fed...mpionship-9904
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mmamania.com/2008/11/16/fedor...championships/

Fedor JUST lost in a Combat Sambo Championship tournament...

However, he does have a fight coming up with Andrei Arlovski on Jan 24. Hopefully it'll be viewable on TV.... Both badass strikers

Last edited by ebdboudreaux; 11-18-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:28 PM
Internet Mechanic

^^ Link doesnt work

It sucks that he lost, but given this is one type of fighting vs MMA and there is a different pool of competition, I still beleive his past record will still show the domience.

The only thing that can beat him, is age. Which is a fighter's worst enemy.
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by knappbunch
knocks him out again? what fight did you watch?
I know Frank Mir didn't literally knock him out, It was just a generalization to Frank Mir just beating him. Basically If they met again Mir would beat him
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like Fedor should have been a bit more prepared for that fight, which is unlike him. One of the comments says it all: when you've reached the top, the only place to go is down. I'm pretty psyched to see him and Arlovski in January. That's gonna kick ***.
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chace02ws6
I know Frank Mir didn't literally knock him out, It was just a generalization to Frank Mir just beating him. Basically If they met again Mir would beat him
in all honesty i was one of frank mirs biggest fans when he took the belt from sylvia but he is not the same fighter and brock won't get caught like that again even if he has to lay on top and drop hammerfists all night. frank can't handle lesnar and for as much crap as i will take for it neither will nog.
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
^^ Link doesnt work

It sucks that he lost, but given this is one type of fighting vs MMA and there is a different pool of competition, I still beleive his past record will still show the domience.

The only thing that can beat him, is age. Which is a fighter's worst enemy.
link fixed
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:13 PM
Teching In

People also need to take into consideration that Fedor couldn't even finish off UFC fighter Bobalu and it went to a decision... I dunno... No doubt he's a great fighter, just not sure about the best...

As far as lesnar goes, he needs quite a bit more training before he'll be fit to hold onto that title... He definitely needs to work on submission skills....
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:44 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux
People also need to take into consideration that Fedor couldn't even finish off UFC fighter Bobalu and it went to a decision... I dunno... No doubt he's a great fighter, just not sure about the best...

As far as lesnar goes, he needs quite a bit more training before he'll be fit to hold onto that title... He definitely needs to work on submission skills....

I think with people in general, that everyone's idea of perfection or who is best is different. Some may say that a fighter needs to not only have a perfect record, but to also win flawlessly and come away with little damage and show peerless technique.

I personally dont beleive in that. I say given the current talent pool, and the fighter's record/accomplishments should speak volumes. A win is a win. Beyond the MMA field, he has competed outside and like said, he him self says he isnt perfect. I just think he has been so dominating, he just wants someone to beat hime so he can train harder. Lets call it, "incentive" to do better.

Its VERY rare if not a non-occurance that a fighter leaves on top with people asking "Why did you leave?" rather it's "Why havent you left?"
Old 11-18-2008 | 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regardless of who weighs what or what star from the past or another series could give Lesner a run for his money, it is proof of how weak the weight class is that a guy with only 3 fights and 1 of them a loss, can compete for a belt.

This is the kind of clown **** that went through heavy weight boxing in the late 80's and early 90's when the talent pool just got really thin for a few years. If the UFC wants to honestly put the best fighters in the bigger weight classes, they are gonna have to spend some money. The rest of the world pays big men a premium, the UFC needs to get on that bandwagon or these debates about who can kick who's *** will go on forever.

-Tim
Old 11-18-2008 | 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fedor JUST lost in a Combat Sambo Championship tournament...

However, he does have a fight coming up with Andrei Arlovski on Jan 24. Hopefully it'll be viewable on TV.... Both badass strikers
Like I said he needs to sign with UFC and fight some real matches.
Old 11-18-2008 | 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
Regardless of who weighs what or what star from the past or another series could give Lesner a run for his money, it is proof of how weak the weight class is that a guy with only 3 fights and 1 of them a loss, can compete for a belt.

This is the kind of clown **** that went through heavy weight boxing in the late 80's and early 90's when the talent pool just got really thin for a few years. If the UFC wants to honestly put the best fighters in the bigger weight classes, they are gonna have to spend some money. The rest of the world pays big men a premium, the UFC needs to get on that bandwagon or these debates about who can kick who's *** will go on forever.

-Tim
Exactly.