Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Brock Lesnar New UFC Champ!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up Brock Lesnar New UFC Champ!

Definately one of the best UFC champs there ever was. I have a feeling Lesnar will hold this for a long time.

Last edited by 02BEAST; 11-17-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the best. He lost to Frank Mir.

Randy got caught with a big shot, other than that I think Randy did a great job controlling him in the first round. He has potential to be real good, but I don't think he's the best.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
I don't know about the best. He lost to Frank Mir.

Randy got caught with a big shot, other than that I think Randy did a great job controlling him in the first round. He has potential to be real good, but I don't think he's the best.
I meant one of the best sry.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that like in wwe that might have been a match to put Brock over the top and get a real buzz going.They knew Randy's style wouldn't be enough and age would be a factor. Randy in his prime would have been a better match. The fact that Frank Mir beat him so quick shows that his wrestling background is not good enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Brock fan from the WWE days and have been following his career. I just think he has a whole lot to learn and right now he is very beatable
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I think that like in wwe that might have been a match to put Brock over the top and get a real buzz going.They knew Randy's style wouldn't be enough and age would be a factor. Randy in his prime would have been a better match. The fact that Frank Mir beat him so quick shows that his wrestling background is not good enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Brock fan from the WWE days and have been following his career. I just think he has a whole lot to learn and right now he is very beatable
Anyone is beatable even my boy Kimbo.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think brock will only get better, he needs more experience, which i am sure he will get
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
did you actually watch the fight brock was beaating mir senseless untill he got scared and tried to get his leg out and mir capitolized. but mir had already almost been out. brock has the physical size and talent to be a force to be reckoned with. but he definatley needs more submission skills to fill the holes. I believe they will come and when they do watch out he will be a beast.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Internet Mechanic

Just 2 words.....

Fedor Emelianenko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

I have followed MMA all the way back to the mid 90's and my buds watched Pride for a number of years until their close.

He does have a weakness such as getting tired but If Dana White is worth his salt he will get that deal done, and even if he has to sign some other guys WHO CARES. Sign Fedor and this will be the ticket of the decade.

Now since Brock is the champ, he is going to get trained like he should be and will be a force to be reckoned with.

Randy, at this point should not be considered a top contender, and should be ok with no longer requesting a Fedor vs Randy fight, which he has and now its understandingly so..

** On one final note, look at how has as won..... SUBMISSION!! Not only will he pound the crap out of the opponent, he will try to submit... That is scary given its the Super Heavy weight type class.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id like to see a fight between Lesner and Kimbo...just to see Kimbo get his *** kicked one more time....and i know this will never happen...im just throwing it out there

i think if Lesner fights Fedor it will be good match.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

I would kill to see a Lesnar/Fedor match. Lesnar is a beast because of his size, but other than that he'd just be a quick heavy-weight. Fedor is clearly number one in the world right now and has been for a long time (at least in my opinion). Lesnar is going to improve a lot with time and experience, but that's something that Fedor already has a LOT of in every department from knockout power to a top of the line grappling and ground game. My money would absolutely be on Fedor.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Launching!

I've never really been impressed with Lesnar. He's got the size and power, but still lacks experence. i think he'll definatly get better, but right now he's still learning.

My fav MMA fighter has been Andre Arlovski(sp).
Old 11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Definately one of the best UFC champs there ever was. I have a feeling Lesnar will hold this for a long time.
Little late on that one...I dont see lesnar holding it very long at all here...Both Mir and Big Nog will still destroy him on the ground
Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was a killer fight, Lesnor is quick and fierce in very short burst I know he is big but winded is not even the word... I say if only Randy was a little younger he would have took the big man down probably by the end of the first round. Definitely will be interesting to see who calls the new champ out first.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by MaSTi
My fav MMA fighter has been Andre Arlovski(sp).
Which as long as Fedor's hand heals will be fighting next! I loved Andre with his long hair and fangs, that **** was cool!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I would kill to see a Lesnar/Fedor match. Lesnar is a beast because of his size, but other than that he'd just be a quick heavy-weight. Fedor is clearly number one in the world right now and has been for a long time (at least in my opinion). Lesnar is going to improve a lot with time and experience, but that's something that Fedor already has a LOT of in every department from knockout power to a top of the line grappling and ground game. My money would absolutely be on Fedor.
That would be a blockbuster match, but is Fedor even contracted with UFC?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
brock has a couple years worth of training before he should even think about fedor he is just on a whole other level.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Little late on that one...I dont see lesnar holding it very long at all here...Both Mir and Big Nog will still destroy him on the ground
mir would only have one chance if lesnar gets impatient and wreckless like he did in the first fight which i don't think will happen again. he is not the same fighter he was before he broke his leg. which i well know i have been rehabing my broken femur for almost two years and it is finally getting there. nog has a better chance but i don't think he can hang physically. brock is not the be all end all but as he learns he will be impressive. needs more training which he is getting.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Big Nog "should" beat Mir coming up and the Lesnar Big Nog fight should be real good. Big Nog can take a beating he has proven it in past matches. That being said Lesnar is a freak and if he can learn Jit defense he will be a great fighter. Putting Lesnar up against Fedor right now would be a joke. I agree with Knappbunch Lesnar needs time to learn before thoughts of him and Fedor even appear.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Mir is a joke, it was lesnars 2nd fight and he was careless. Heath Herring had no answer on the ground, lesnar controlled him all three rounds. Cotour became heavyweight champ in his fourth ufc fight, this could be the start of a long possesion of the belt for brock. Look how much better hes gotten since fight 1, hes gaining some skill where as his game plan with mir was to go beserk and see what happens. I wouldnt doubt his ground skills, I know if he grabs ahold of an arm your not getting it back.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
8 second mod

anyone have a link to the fight?
i had a b-day party and missed it