Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

So my marriage is over....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89formula350b2l
amen to that.....4 months and im a free man...same situation...wife cheated...tried to work it out....im in military overseas right now....gav a second chance....she blew it....so im blowing her off.....more money for the car
Just to clarify so no one gets the wrong idea, she didn't cheat or anything crazy like that. We just grew apart.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Going through the same BS now but mine is much worst because we have three kids (2 year old twins and a 10 year old). The whole thing would wrap up pretty easy if we didn't have any kids. PM me if you need any advise. A few things that I will tell you here and I'm not even stretching the true -
Good luck!
Tom
Thanks for the advice. We are actually separating property/assets ourselves and had an attorney draw up the separation paperwork already. I actually just received them yesterday so we both must sign them and get it filed. Hopefully this remains amicable.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phil99TA
Kenny
I'm sorry things didn't work out. That really sux. It sounds like you will be happier though, and the fact that you don't have kids is truly a fortunate thing in this case.

My brother just went through the same thing, so I kind of know what it can be like. Like you, he did not have kids so he has rebounded pretty well and is happy.

Now that being said, buttsechs l8r?

P.S can I get my wedding gift money back? I can really use the $20 (I was feeling a little generous that day)

Why would buttsechs wait until l8r? I'm here now sweetie!

The check is in the mail! lol

It does kind of suck packing up stuff in the house and coming across wedding gifts, pictures etc. Thats definately the worst part of this.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man. I haven't been married yet but I was engaged at one point. I was totally in love with the chick and everything was great. Then as the wedding approached she got nervous, just figured it was cold feet and she'd get over it. We had a great relationship and we are both active in the same religion so that's a pretty big bonding aspect. But I ended up getting dumped for another dude. She didn't do anything too scandelous, just must not of loved me as much as she thought.

Unfortunately I had no friends or family around, and no money to keep me occupied. I wanted to die and if I wasn't so religous I'd a called it quits on this S***!!! lol.

I was so excited to marry her, and now I'm deathly afraid of marrying the wrong person. You think you know someone and they do some off the wall stuff and it's hard to ever trust anyone again.

So just find ways to stay occupied man, glad we could all be here to give you a place to at least talk about it.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Kenny H
Just to clarify so no one gets the wrong idea, she didn't cheat or anything crazy like that. We just grew apart.
tell the truth...

she found the pics we took when you were up here with my wiener in your butt. but what upset her most was that you shaved your butt for me, and have not done that for her in a while...

Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

I'm quite content to be alone for now, I don't see myself getting back into any sort of a relationship for quite some time.:
You know what they say: Marriage is like the military; everyone complains but look how many re-enlist

I think you are on the right track in looking for a smaller place. Having it include a garage is the tough part obviously. A friend of mine used to have a one bedroom apt with a garage, now that would be sweet. All I really want is a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and two car heated garage. Actually, skip the bedroom, I'll sleep in the garage with the toys!

For what it's worth, I'm 31, make very little money, and I live in a two bedroom apartment with one roomate. But I'm pretty frugal and can afford a couple of decent toys (the Formula and a motorcycle). Not married, no girlfriend, no real interest in a relationship (much to at least one girl's disappointment). I'm pretty happy overall, I really cherish having total freedom to do whatever, whenever. The winter drags because I can't play with the toys, and I have to keep the Formula at my parent's house, but all things considered I've got it made, especially compared to people I know that are married or in serious relationships.

I'm sure you are still hurting but hopefully you will find an upside to this. Things can only get better after all. Good luck to you.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well everyone apologizes because at the end of the day I failed at the biggest comittment in my life. But that hardly means my life is over, it just means a new chapter is beginning.
Actually, YOU didn't fail. It might feel that way at times but growing apart isn't a failure. I guess in the end you'll feel that your just like most other people. Most of my friends are divorced. A few months ago, I knew of 6 other couples going through it. Only know of one couple around my age that are happily married. And then there are a few friend's parents, those people great together. But they are also in their early 60s. Probably past the point of being sick of eachother.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well best of luck Kenny. After almost 10 years of marriage, and we got married early, both of us were 23, we've had our share of growing apart and then back together.

People grow up, change, mature, evolve, but without sounding too mushy, it's the love for each other that pulls you back together in the end.

My wife and I couldn't be further opposites, but we look at it as we compliment each other's weaknesses and strengths. Like you said, marriage aside from being a parent is the biggest commitment of your life, and takes work to keep it going.

Keep your head up, and don't close doors. If it's a matter of simply growing apart, you never know, you could find yourselves growing back together one day.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

My hair was not long at all you douche rockets! I guess its just the pic, but I never ever had long hair. Even my pubes are short as Marc can attest to!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by t_raven
and now I'm deathly afraid of marrying the wrong person.
That's understandable but I have the answer to EVERYONE'S fears about marrying the wrong person and/or how to absolutely avoid a divorce situation, and this is a positively proven and undeniable system that will work EVERY single time.....

DON'T GET MARRIED.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1LT1

DON'T GET MARRIED.
Well......it's tempting, but honestly...since I got active in my church a few years back....well I haven't been fornicating the ladies......so if I don't get married........I'LL NEVER GET ANY AGAIN! lol.....but oh well, if I do get married I'd only get some for the first few months anyway and then never again so I might as well just stay single and celibate and just enjoy my cars lol.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

We are actually separating property/assets ourselves and had an attorney draw up the separation paperwork already. I actually just received them yesterday so we both must sign them and get it filed. Hopefully this remains amicable.
Was it raining?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
That's understandable but I have the answer to EVERYONE'S fears about marrying the wrong person and/or how to absolutely avoid a divorce situation, and this is a positively proven and undeniable system that will work EVERY single time.....

DON'T GET MARRIED.

Agreed. If I ever get involved with someone again for something other than just sex, maybe I could live together. But at this point I even doubt that. Marriage. Not happening.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

It's funny, I post in this thread and the very next day my roommate tells me he is engaged. Already had one marriage that turned into a trainwreck. Current girl seems way more together, hopefully it all works out. None for me thanks!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Most of them seem "together" in the beginning. There was a bachlorette party at a club I was at a few weeks ago. I always say "don't do it" when I see something like that. Got to talking to the girl for awhile. She said that you have to wait for the right one. I told her that we all throught it was the right one when we got married!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula413
Current girl seems way more together, hopefully it all works out.
Most of them seem "together" in the beginning. There was a bachlorette party at a club I was at a few weeks ago. I always say "don't do it" when I see something like that. Got to talking to the girl for awhile. She said that you have to wait for the right one. I told her that we all throught it was the right one when we got married!
Exactly. No one goes into a marriage ahead of time thinking that their partner/spouse doesn't seem to be way more together or that it's probably not going to work out LOL. Nearly every couple goes into it thinking "yeah, this is the one, we're DEFINITELY going to make it for sure".
But the numbers don't lie, unfortunately.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear. Chicks can really suck. My ship sinks this June, and you never know whats in store for your life. Chicks come and go, just gotta keep your head up.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Kenny,

I saw your thread on ls2 a couple of week ago and want to say again that I'm really sorry about what happened. I wish you all of the best in the future and hope you can get through this. Keep your head up keep moving on.

Talk to you soon,
Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

EVERYONE thinks its the 'right one' when you are getting married. And at the time it may be. But people change. Its as simple as that.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Was it raining?
lol. You have a good memory if you are referring to what I think you are referring to. :-)