Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Why is everyone on this forum a douche? (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Why is everyone on this forum a douche? (rant)

I just made a thread a few days ago requesting a few pictures of some wheels...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...7x11-zr1s.html
Feel free to read through the post. Did i do something wrong? i feel like a lot of people on this site are just overzealous ******* 16 year old kids that have nothing better to do but post as many times as they can. If youve every argued with a 5 year old you know exactly how i feel right now. No one is actually reading what I posted, but instead trying to make themselves sound right in an argument they started with themselves.
/rant
Old 01-18-2009, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would ask you to not refer to Everyone on this site-there are plenty of good people on this site,and there always a couple bad ones.The main problem is the bad ones are the most vocal.I would advise to not argue with them-this just encourages them.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone??? Looks to me like you posted a very commom question and a person or two recommended using the search function and now you're blowing it all out of proportion and calling "everyone" 16 year old ******** who have nothing better to do than post as much as possible.

First off not everyone here is 16, in fact i'm 27 and if you ever attended any meets (whether LS1tech, epfba, etc) you would know that ages range from 16-50 and these people are the most friendly/helping people you will probably ever meet.

Bottom line is that there are stickies and a search function for a reason. Yes, sometimes people could explain things a nicer way but that doesn't give you the right to stereotype the forum and talk your trash. Remember you signed up to the forum, the forum didnt sign up to you. If you don't like it here, simply leave!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have to relieze in the last 6 years or so probly 200+ people posted the same question as you.The search would be alot better.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
9 Second Club

It's really simple: Once you try the search & don't find what you need you can start a thread & ask the question preceeded by "I tried the search..." Usually keeps the peace that way
Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

sounds like a pissed of 16 year old to me
Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

im a youngin and i do post a lot.... i like to keep vocal with my fellow f-body enthusiets... plus im in college and have nothing else better to do hah!... and i havent seen too many young ******** on here, most are very enthusiastic and post a lot because they want to learn as much as possible... for example, myself... i was totally green to the auto world and f-body world when i first started 4 years ago (when i was 16) now i have the fastest bolt on only LT1 in New England... i will always support newbies just because we were all new once and all know the feeling of feeling like ur a dumbass lol
Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
im in college and have nothing else better to do hah!
Are you sure you have nothing better to do?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...tml?highlight=

Ha ha just bustin your ***** Tony
Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
im a youngin and i do post a lot.... i like to keep vocal with my fellow f-body enthusiets... plus im in college and have nothing else better to do hah!... and i havent seen too many young ******** on here, most are very enthusiastic and post a lot because they want to learn as much as possible... for example, myself... i was totally green to the auto world and f-body world when i first started 4 years ago (when i was 16) now i have the fastest bolt on only LT1 in New England... i will always support newbies just because we were all new once and all know the feeling of feeling like ur a dumbass lol

I'm loving your sig, lol!

"Just another bolt on only LT1 that can kick ur LS1's a$$!"
What does it run now?

Back on topic.....I can see where the OP is coming from though. It can get annoying when people fire back with "use the search function" on every post. Sometimes it's fun to talk about things that haven't been discussed in a while. "USUALLY" someone will dig up an older thread with the same topic on hand and post the link for the OP, and then the thread will die, but not always. Just take it in stride, don't get too offended by it. For the most part the people on here are very cool.

I have a pet peeve that always seem to materialize in the Drag Racing section and I get a little vocal on it, lol. Such as when someone takes the plunge and starts gutting their street/strip car with the removal of just about every item possible. After a few posts...ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS someone will chime in with just how unsafe the car is now, yada, yada, yada. Well no ****! You mean to tell me if I remove my air bag my car isn't as safe? Or if I remove my front bumber support? Or my ABS? No ****! You've got to be kidding me! You mean if I take out safety related items my car isn't as safe? Thanks for reminding me! I wouldn't have known!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro8509
Everyone??? Looks to me like you posted a very commom question and a person or two recommended using the search function and now you're blowing it all out of proportion and calling "everyone" 16 year old ******** who have nothing better to do than post as much as possible.

First off not everyone here is 16, in fact i'm 27 and if you ever attended any meets (whether LS1tech, epfba, etc) you would know that ages range from 16-50 and these people are the most friendly/helping people you will probably ever meet.

Bottom line is that there are stickies and a search function for a reason. Yes, sometimes people could explain things a nicer way but that doesn't give you the right to stereotype the forum and talk your trash. Remember you signed up to the forum, the forum didnt sign up to you. If you don't like it here, simply leave!
Well said; I could not agree more.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by joelster
I have a pet peeve that always seem to materialize in the Drag Racing section and I get a little vocal on it, lol. Such as when someone takes the plunge and starts gutting their street/strip car with the removal of just about every item possible. After a few posts...ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS someone will chime in with just how unsafe the car is now, yada, yada, yada. Well no ****! You mean to tell me if I remove my air bag my car isn't as safe? Or if I remove my front bumber support? Or my ABS? No ****! You've got to be kidding me! You mean if I take out safety related items my car isn't as safe? Thanks for reminding me! I wouldn't have known!
or how about in the exhaust section, someone asks about the effects of removing cats or AIR or any emissions stuff, and there is always that person that has to put in the 'why would you do that, its illegal'.

and FYI, thirdgen.org is 1000x worse with the 'do a search' replies. its bad enough that you see people all the time adding a 'yes, i did a search' to their posts. sometimes you just cant find exactally what you are looking for. just because someone has already done it before, doesnt mean they explained it in their post in a way that makes sense to you, or in the case of this guy's wheels, maybe the pics he found arent at the angle he wants to see them at, etc.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula413
Are you sure you have nothing better to do?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...tml?highlight=

Ha ha just bustin your ***** Tony
dammit i new someone was gonna bring that up! lol i ended up getting an A in that class haha

Originally Posted by joelster
I'm loving your sig, lol!

What does it run now?

Back on topic.....I can see where the OP is coming from though. It can get annoying when people fire back with "use the search function" on every post. Sometimes it's fun to talk about things that haven't been discussed in a while. "USUALLY" someone will dig up an older thread with the same topic on hand and post the link for the OP, and then the thread will die, but not always. Just take it in stride, don't get too offended by it. For the most part the people on here are very cool.

lol i love my sig too, i figured i wat try to stirr up some fights on an LSX site hehehe ... what does she run now? um how ever long it takes to push her a 1/4mile lol shes apart in the garage... time in sig is the fastest pass i've ever been... goal is a 12.2x next year with just more weight reduction and minor suspension mods... if i have the $$ for them... oh good post btw
Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Dude, you are asking for pics of the most common wheel on these cars. Try a search.
^pretty much sums it up right there
Old 01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel your pain, it is pretty lame for 12 people to tell you
to use the search and not give an answer.
If you are going to waste your time suggesting to use the search, why not just directly answer the question or post a link and the search smilie.
Why is everyone on this forum a douche?
It is also lame to call everyone a douche.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
hashtagBMW

Your a new member and you probably havent seen the vast amount of info the search feature will produce if you just take the time to use.

Tony.