Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hey Marc [LS1LT1] remember when I said DJI to 7200!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey Marc [LS1LT1] remember when I said DJI to 7200!

Remember when you said "I hope not"

we're in deep poop!

Just got off the phone with my Mom...

New prediction... DJI to 776!

I love the "Change"!
"Yep. If we were to agree, that the last bull market started in 1982 at 776.92 and ended in 2007 at 14164. The 50% distance from the bottom to the top is 7470, and we are below it. The 50% Dow Principle says, that if the 50% point is breached, the old lows might be tested...
Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

It's bottomed.. but a serious terrorist or financial event can easily push it down further.

The idiots in senate and congress and the rookie-with-an-agenda in the white house have "fubar'ed" this country- BIGTIME!

I feel for the college kids today.. working hard to get through college to only graduate into this economy.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. B
It's bottomed.. but a serious terrorist or financial event can easily push it down further.

The idiots in senate and congress and the rookie-with-an-agenda in the white house have "fubar'ed" this country- BIGTIME!

I feel for the college kids today.. working hard to get through college to only graduate into this economy.
BLAH! This bill was only for the economy! Everything in that bill was needed, there was no agenda and no pork.

It's a f'in disgrace....I'm not an anarchist or anything like that but I really wouldn't mind seeing some type of revolt. NEITHER side gives a damn about us, they're all out for themselves and their people.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There's nothing better than the guy in charge telling us we're all screwed... I guess he has no clue how that kind of pep talk impacts the skittish guys on Wallstreet....

At least my 401k will be buying more shares per dollar and I'm a good 30 years from retirement. I feel bad for people who were close to retirment and still had money invested in medium to agressive plans.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Exclamation

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Remember when you said "I hope not"

we're in deep poop!

Just got off the phone with my Mom...

New prediction... DJI to 776!
Anything is possible at this point dude.
Me two years ago: "Hmm, should I buy a Ferrari F430 to impress the high school girls as I drive by or just keep pouring more money into the market so I can buy a new Murcielago and build a 9 second twin turbo C6 later on?"
Me now: "Umm, I think I should've just bought the damn car instead" LOL.

Yes, I've lost the equivalent of more than two ZR1s in the last 10 months ....things are BAD right now.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I feel bad for people who were close to retirment and still had money invested in medium to agressive plans.
Or those of us already retired at a relatively young age and relying on the market to maintain a certain lifestyle/keep the momentum going...I'd really hate to have to go back to work (if I could even find any) after 9 years of no bosses and sleeping until noon!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Change you can believe in
Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I can say I didn't vote for change....
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least my 401k will be buying more shares per dollar and I'm a good 30 years from retirement.
It's a shame for the people who are younger and don't realize this. They went and pulled out their 401k's because they lost money. I know about a dozen people who have done this between my friends and family. It's the time to buy!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go read the book the Meltdown by Thomas E. Woods Jr. sums everything up today based on the Austrian Business cycle. The only way to allow the economy to move ahead and prosper at this point is to let this "bubble" completely pop, and allow the free markets to set the standards again. The bailout plans, and injecting "money" into the economy is only making things worse. Taking this money from thin air and thus deteriorating the value of a dollar now is hurting. This housing "bubble" is being aided with a bailout band aid to stay afloat. Allow the housing market to entirely bust and then we have free market standards again. Obama and his "change" is not going to bring the economy back.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

I can say I didn't vote for change....
same here.

can't beleive that when people being interviewed before election were voting for him said that he would pay for their mortgages. at the time i thought that was a joke. but now that it is reality scares me even more. why can't you take responsibility for your own actions.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikey
Change you can believe in
Yes we can!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:20 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
Go read the book the Meltdown by Thomas E. Woods Jr. sums everything up today based on the Austrian Business cycle. The only way to allow the economy to move ahead and prosper at this point is to let this "bubble" completely pop, and allow the free markets to set the standards again. The bailout plans, and injecting "money" into the economy is only making things worse. Taking this money from thin air and thus deteriorating the value of a dollar now is hurting. This housing "bubble" is being aided with a bailout band aid to stay afloat. Allow the housing market to entirely bust and then we have free market standards again. Obama and his "change" is not going to bring the economy back.
If the bailout was done corectly, it may have helped.

A bailout that is 2/3 government spending and 1/3 tax breaks will not work. Historicaly it hasn't and will not.

Another note, in 8 years of the Bush administration, with two wars, and a slowing economy, the US Government has spend $3.5 Trillion. In the 35 days of the Obama administration, they have spend $8.5 Trillion.

Awesome hu?

Its a good thing Im not going to have kids, cause thanks to those who voted for Obama... they would not have a future...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Me now: "Umm, I think I should've just bought the damn car instead" LOL.

Yes, I've lost the equivalent of more than two ZR1s in the last 10 months ....things are BAD right now.
I told you to spend it while you've got it.
This happened to you once before, when you lost a brand new Viper!

You have to save some and plan for the future Yes, but you also have to live.
Yes, you do spend once in a while, like your 00 Camaro & 06 Vette.
But that pales in comparison to what you are worth.
("Living" is relative to your net worth)
Percentage wise you didn't spend much.
Now you have nothing to show for it.

I'd rather have Two ZR1's that lost money as soon as I drove them out of the showroom, than nothing at all and have a total loss.

I hope it recovers for your sake?

No go set that Vette up for the QTP 11.50 Index and enjoy the car!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:33 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by harner
It's a shame for the people who are younger and don't realize this. They went and pulled out their 401k's because they lost money. I know about a dozen people who have done this between my friends and family. It's the time to buy!
It really IS the time to buy, the key is buying the right thing.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Anonymous

I'd rather have Two ZR1's that lost money as soon as I drove them out of the showroom, than nothing at all and have a total loss.
Sad but true.

....and the Corvette Challenge Pro 11.50 as well.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 PM
CARTEK Racing

I hope it recovers for your sake?

dude, you're talking about the man who when approched with the fraze "You can't take it with you" sais "I will be the first to do so"

I dont have any money, but the little I do have, gives me little pleasure sitting in my bank. It gives me a lot of pleasure when I run low 10's and so on.

I agree with you, you have to plan for the future, but you should live in the now. For all we know the worls will end on Dec 21st 2012, then what good is your money in the bank? You could have been having fun all along.

Now is a good time to buy, but when the DJ Industrial Avarage goes to 776 thanks to another one of Obama's briliant ideas [cough] nationalized banks [cough] it will be an even better time to buy! lol

I have a fealing they will repeal the second amendment soon, because once he totaly distroys the country, they would not want a armed civilian uprising... maybe not... but who knows with there guys.. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
thanks to another one of Obama's briliant ideas [cough] nationalized banks [cough] it will be an even better time to buy! lol
No no, Reid and his cronies said that just because the gubbment is upping their stakes in banks doesn't mean they're nationalizing it or have plans to do so......and we should believe them because they're honest...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

guys lets stop bitching and cast the votes lets get the Republicans back in the house to put a stop to the nonsense. I work as a inspector in the oil, gas industry and I'm hurting. Don't blame me for whats going on I'm a conservative lol. Anyways hope all you guys hold up during this recession I know its hard out there but better days are coming. Look after Carter we got Reagan hopefully history repeats itself. Also we shouldn't be posting political views on this forum I do believe its against the rules also what I believe in may not be what you believe in and no matter what we all can't agree.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

This isn't so much political as it is economic... I really don't care who is in the big chair, just make it right. Some people hope Obama fails, but I don't want to see that happen because I have planned for this day, and will ride out the lean times, and things will get better for sure, it's just going to take time, upwards of 4-6+ years.