Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I am Picking up my Nitrous kit straight from HSW Friday Any Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am Picking up my Nitrous kit straight from HSW Friday Any Opinions

Well i finally am pulling the trigger on the cam or nitrous idea, I picked nitrous for now....... It was cheaper and is giving me more power not to mention keeping my DD driving perfect, and keeping my MPG the same.
This friday i am going to pick it up straight form HSW in Warminster PA, only a couple miles from Willow Grove.
I am getting a HSW Wet nozzle kit, All out Acces package, Trans Hump Bracket(to mount it between my rear seats) and Ashtray Switch panel. Anybody have any tips or opinions on the Install? I plan on running the purge through my ram air, what is the best way of doing this considering my hood will have to raise up obviously and i do not want a hose hanging in the way and i want it to look like a very Clean well put install. Should i maybe put the purge in the space below the Ram Air but i do just like the look when it sprays the purge out of the ram air like a fire breathing Dragon its just pure not to mention . I know on youtube if you search for Steamed Rice there is a guy with a WS6 with the purge in the ram air, finds parked tuners pulls behind them and purges.
But if anyone has any tips or ideas let me know, or if they know the best way to install where to hide the wires, or best way to route all the wires, Also with the blow down tube how will be the best way to run it out of the car from the rear seats?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice is to run the purge from the bottom bumper, just below the hood nostrils, you'll get the same effect really and not run lines through your hood.

I thought of going the juice route, if I did I'd go with a wet plate system. However I'd rather save the money for a new motor down the road.

I hear the juice is addicting. do it safe and get all the extra safety stuff, and tune it right. HSW makes good stuff. Who knows maybe one day I'll throw a small shot on it too

Regarding the blow down from the seat I don't know. I think the tank in the spare tire well is a better thought out design, looks cleaner/stealther. Then I would just drill a small hole right out the bottom of the well. That's just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
My advice is to run the purge from the bottom bumper, just below the hood nostrils, you'll get the same effect really and not run lines through your hood.

I thought of going the juice route, if I did I'd go with a wet plate system. However I'd rather save the money for a new motor down the road.

I hear the juice is addicting. do it safe and get all the extra safety stuff, and tune it right. HSW makes good stuff. Who knows maybe one day I'll throw a small shot on it too

Regarding the blow down from the seat I don't know. I think the tank in the spare tire well is a better thought out design, looks cleaner/stealther. Then I would just drill a small hole right out the bottom of the well. That's just my opinion.
I wanted a wet plate system, but its an extra 200$ i belive or something like that the nozzle will get the job done, I have been reading up and looking at all the safety features, TTP is going to tune my car for nitrous, and i am making sure to get the All out acces package because it has all the safety items i need. I think 900$ is well worth 150HP and no sacrifice on Drivability on a DD, that is a hell of a $/hp Ratio.

I think i might run it through the Bottom Nostrils so it will look like it is coming out of The ram air it will be right under it. or maybe through my side vents at an upward angle... Spray people on the sidewalk deff at Ocean City in May or when ever it is, i can spray girls in skirts and bathing suits I am hoping this will throw me in the 500HP mark 350 Now with 360 Tq a 150 shot should put me in the 500hp/tq ratings and spank some new Z06 corvettes from a roll they wont ever expect it teenager in a trans am thinking it just has exhaust and next thing they know they see my tail lights....

After the Nitrous i will be moving to Suspension and Weight reduction and eventually a 9" or 12 bolt rear with 373's-3.90 Gears
Old 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

welp be safe. You'll give an ls7 a run for it's money but it's almost a drivers race.

Now I'm gonna say the grown up thing and say "keep the racing at the track "

That switch will be mighty tempting...
Old 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

take your time and dont cut corners. butt connectors are no good. solder everything. trust me, it will save you alot of time and aggrevation if ya do it right. make sure all your grounds are good grounds...dont assume.
you'll need to drill a hole to fit the blow down tube through or you can get a piece of plastic clear hose and attach it to the tube and run it towards the back of the car..(ive seen that done but dunno if id like to do that myself).
lastly....Tune, Tune, Tune.....and Tune. make sure its safe for you to run...a/f should be 11.5-11.8 is what most shoot for idealy.
AND if ya dont know something just ask..plenty of us on the site that will help out. goodluck and happy spraying.

Last edited by TNTramair; 02-12-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

How much is a sodder gun anybody know?? Just a cheap one to get the job done. I am not a huge electrical person better with My chemistry ****, and Mechanical things So i really do not know the best way or even the normal way to Sodder....

Is soddering hard or easy to mess up? Also if i will be soddering wires in my car should i make sure to have a metal sheet under so i dont drip any hot metal on my carpets or anything? I do want to do it right the first time and not have to re wire everything or have it hit a bump and bam no nitrous. But ya can someone go over how to sodder a quick explanation and how much would everything i need is or atlease what all do i need? I can pick up on things as i do them so i just am looking for a quick explanation to get the gist of it.

And as for the tune TTP will be doing it and i trust them they did a great job on my Car I was not planning on getting nitrous a week after i just had my car tuned, but they are working with me on it and wont charge me full price I recommend TTP to anyone looking for a tune they are great and AMAZING service, They will prob be where i get all my Nitrous Fills at and anyother work i would need that i can not do. So ya Thank you everybody at TTP you guys are great
Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

these will help you out...and they have pics aswell...

http://www.ehow.com/how_376_solder-wires.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjdiRxr0OM
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/solder.htm
Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I suggest you wrestle Wiley for a discount
Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STRIPSTAR
Five percent discounts are given to those who make it through the office without losing a limb....havent had any winners yet.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Wiley?? i wanna see them try and wrestle Roman...
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Are you keeping the back seats in?

This is how I have my bdt. The hole was already there, I just had to widen it a little bit.

That is the hump under the passengers side rear seat, btw.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Here is some context for that picture.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

I am keeping my rear seats in just for a refrence here is a pic i found exactly how i want to mount it

I see the one has like a plastic/metal ringed Hose running from the blowdown under the seats but i do not know to where. But these are exactly how i want mine mounted, I just want to make sure it looks very clean and like it should be there not rigged into place....

Thank you for the links btw i will go through and look at all of them when i get back from lab

O and sorry I hope if these pics are from a members car they do not mind if so let me know and i can take it down.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STRIPSTAR
Unfortunately Wiley is getting up there in age...He isn't the guard dog he used to be. He'll still bite if you try and shake my hand or if you come through the door unannounced he'll make you wish you didn't.

Roman on the other hand...just picture a mentally challenged 70lb pit bull that likes to take running leaps at the glass door every time someone walks by...now that's entertainment.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Unfortunately Wiley is getting up there in age...He isn't the guard dog he used to be. He'll still bite if you try and shake my hand or if you come through the door unannounced he'll make you wish you didn't.

Roman on the other hand...just picture a mentally challenged 70lb pit bull that likes to take running leaps at the glass door every time someone walks by...now that's entertainment.
ya think??? lol