Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

EAGLES fan's, what do you think of the Dawkin's mess?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EAGLES fan's, what do you think of the Dawkin's mess?

I'm a Giant's fan 1st and foremost BUT-I have alot of respect for the way Dawkins plays his game-he's a great athlete and has meant ALOT to the Eagles over the last what? 13 years.
Eagles have no cap issues this season, like 40 million under or something so why let the guy walk?
I would have LOVED to see him in a Giants uniform this season.

so what do you guys think?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I could get over losing Dawkins if we stole Cutler from the Broncos.

But, that won't happen because the Eagles want to lose. I'm now convinced of that.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

As a Giants fan I'm glad to see him go and see that their keeping Mcnabb. Fun to watch Philly choke.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont belive they let dawkins go... that is a horrible move... But as a jets fan im pretty happy we picked up lito sheppard...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bad move
Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a shame there is an off season because the Eagles do nothing but hurt themselves. I hope Dawkins finishes his contract and has the best seasons of his career I dont care if he is older, he is a great player. I am willing to bet the Eagles will not pick up a receiver, Housh is already gone and from what I have heard McNabb is begging for Boldin but the Eagles aren't even working on it. Maybe Paul Holmgren can work for the Eagles too because he seems to know how to build teams and make moves.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Default eagles

As an EAGLES fan it makes me angry but its a buisness and it is time to move on. Even though I hate not seeing DAWK in an eagles uniform.Go eagles.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

People crack me up. if you guys are Fans than you knew this was coming. they have been doin it for 10 years. an aging player has no spot on the roster. Dawkins was/is my favorite player but in the end, its still a business.
there's 2 sides to every story but the latest is that Dawkins people never gave the Eagles a chance to match the Broncos' offer which i think is a huge pile of **** cause during an interview a few days ago Dawkins clearly stated that he spoke to Banner all day sat before he signed and gave the Eagles every oppurtunity to match the offer but they wouldnt budge.
i think they did him dirty....the guy is the heart and soul of this team. i dont care if hes 35 or 45...they should keep people like him till the end just for the sheer fact that you cant replace him in the locker room.
up till this point the off season is once again a freakin circus but ill hold further judgement on how things will go untill draft day. supposedly something big is cookin up but i wouldnt be suprised if nothing happens.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

they should have kept both of them.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Im a Denver fan so Im all for it. My wife is a Eagles fan and is not to happy
Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 7998
As a Giants fan I'm glad to see him go and see that their keeping Mcnabb. Fun to watch Philly choke.
Didn't McNabb and Philly end The Giants season? Talk about Choke... My Stillers got their 6th...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am a diehart, or however u say it Philly fan and i still am pinching myself not believing that Dawk is gone.

First of all, lets break it down. Dawkins is/was the best defensive player the Eagles have ever had since Reggie White and even before him, i would say dawk is a top10 eagles player in their franchise. Two, he is 34, not 44 yrs old. He is a defensive player, not a running back, so he doesnt take the beatings that Westbrook is taking. Third, look at the god damn man! He is a F'n beast and freak of nature. He might have lost a step , but that doesnt mean he isnt int he top three safteys in the leaague. U can name three that are in the top of their game, Pomeumala (sp), Ed Reed, and Dawk. SO i say it was a bone head move and Joe banner is a F'n idiot. I am going to get a Broncos jersey now just to show how F'n pissed i am

Now on to the Off season LACK OF MOVES. I didnt want TJ Housh, mainly becuase he is a nother Kevin Curtis. We dont need another Curtis. We need a Guy like Boldin that is big, phsyical and will go in the middle of the field and not have to worry about a guy like Desean getting creamed. If u do that, it will open up ur down field threats.....AKA JACKSON AND CURTIS. I am no coach but that seems like it makes sense to me.

And lastly. Heres a nother examply that the Eagles waste draft picks more than anyone else. Trading Lito SHeppard for a 5th road draft pick? The guy freaking was a starter a year ago. NO matter wat ppl say, he is still a legit corner that can play. And guess wat the Eagles will get in return?? Another Matt Mccoy or a Freddy Mitchell, or a Ryan Moats, or Winston Justice....should i go on? They absolutly suck at thier drafting. Take New England for example. The y have no picks this year, they francise Cassell than end up trading him and getting draft picks and will some how still get better player than the eagles will.....

In the end, I hope Dawkins becomes a catalyst in Denver, takes em to the playoffs and thrives over there as a Pro bowler and shoves it in the Eagles Managment faces. I hope lito has a great year and do the same and i hope that the Eagles get Boldin b/c i for one like mcnabb and complaint hat the one year he had a legit no.1 reciever they go to the Super bowl......SO Good luck Eagles, F U Managment and Best of luck Dawk, Buck, and Lito!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
I am a diehart, or however u say it Philly fan and i still am pinching myself not believing that Dawk is gone.

First of all, lets break it down. Dawkins is/was the best defensive player the Eagles have ever had since Reggie White and even before him, i would say dawk is a top10 eagles player in their franchise. Two, he is 34, not 44 yrs old. He is a defensive player, not a running back, so he doesnt take the beatings that Westbrook is taking. Third, look at the god damn man! He is a F'n beast and freak of nature. He might have lost a step , but that doesnt mean he isnt int he top three safteys in the leaague. U can name three that are in the top of their game, Pomeumala (sp), Ed Reed, and Dawk. SO i say it was a bone head move and Joe banner is a F'n idiot. I am going to get a Broncos jersey now just to show how F'n pissed i am

Now on to the Off season LACK OF MOVES. I didnt want TJ Housh, mainly becuase he is a nother Kevin Curtis. We dont need another Curtis. We need a Guy like Boldin that is big, phsyical and will go in the middle of the field and not have to worry about a guy like Desean getting creamed. If u do that, it will open up ur down field threats.....AKA JACKSON AND CURTIS. I am no coach but that seems like it makes sense to me.

And lastly. Heres a nother examply that the Eagles waste draft picks more than anyone else. Trading Lito SHeppard for a 5th road draft pick? The guy freaking was a starter a year ago. NO matter wat ppl say, he is still a legit corner that can play. And guess wat the Eagles will get in return?? Another Matt Mccoy or a Freddy Mitchell, or a Ryan Moats, or Winston Justice....should i go on? They absolutly suck at thier drafting. Take New England for example. The y have no picks this year, they francise Cassell than end up trading him and getting draft picks and will some how still get better player than the eagles will.....

In the end, I hope Dawkins becomes a catalyst in Denver, takes em to the playoffs and thrives over there as a Pro bowler and shoves it in the Eagles Managment faces. I hope lito has a great year and do the same and i hope that the Eagles get Boldin b/c i for one like mcnabb and complaint hat the one year he had a legit no.1 reciever they go to the Super bowl......SO Good luck Eagles, F U Managment and Best of luck Dawk, Buck, and Lito!
Easy Killer. the Eagles have also had great success in the draft... Mcnabb/Westbrook/Tra Thomas/Sheppard/Sheldon Brown/Trent Cole/Dawkins/Shawn Andrews.....and i could go on and on. the Eagles actually draft very well with the exception of a few busts but what team doesnt have them??
the 5th round pick we got for Lito can potentially turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder if he ends up starting and signing a contract at the end of the 09-10 season. however, this isnt the NBA where only 1st rounders are worth anything. any pick from the 1st to the 6th rounds can potentially be a superstar...ie: Tom Brady....the very last pick in the draft that year.
we should be used to this crap by now...its been happening for 10 years. but for whatever its worth, the Eagles have allways been competitive under Reid year after year...regardless of his personell. its just that if they dont address the running back situation and the receiver situation we'll find oursevles in the middle of a 10-6 or 9-7 season once again.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by foxrus14
Didn't McNabb and Philly end The Giants season? Talk about Choke... My Stillers got their 6th...
ironic isnt it...lol. how quickly Giants fans forget the embarrassment they suffered at the meadowlands at the hand of Mcnabb......becarefull what you wish for.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I understand it's a business but like I said, the Eagles are $40 million UNDER the cap. They basically tell Dawk to go see what he can get in free agency and then when he gets an offer Philly says they didn't have the opportunity to MATCH it?? C'mon, that's not right, if ANYONE should have finished his career with the team he started with it should have been him.
And I'll tell you something else-you watch him go to the pro bowl this year-he's gonna be in training camp over there and playing 8 home games and work outs-the air is very thin up there-his conditioning is going to be absolutely insane, especially when he goes on road games where there's better air. Look how well John Lynch played out there at his age back then at the same position. I'll bet he plays another 5 years out there.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
ironic isnt it...lol. how quickly Giants fans forget the embarrassment they suffered at the meadowlands at the hand of Mcnabb......becarefull what you wish for.
I haven't forgotten.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Easy Killer. the Eagles have also had great success in the draft... Mcnabb/Westbrook/Tra Thomas/Sheppard/Sheldon Brown/Trent Cole/Dawkins/Shawn Andrews.....and i could go on and on. the Eagles actually draft very well with the exception of a few busts but what team doesnt have them??
the 5th round pick we got for Lito can potentially turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder if he ends up starting and signing a contract at the end of the 09-10 season. however, this isnt the NBA where only 1st rounders are worth anything. any pick from the 1st to the 6th rounds can potentially be a superstar...ie: Tom Brady....the very last pick in the draft that year.
we should be used to this crap by now...its been happening for 10 years. but for whatever its worth, the Eagles have allways been competitive under Reid year after year...regardless of his personell. its just that if they dont address the running back situation and the receiver situation we'll find oursevles in the middle of a 10-6 or 9-7 season once again.
Hell, TO is on the market again.....I wouldnt mind having him back. That would defintatly make the recieving core 10x better. If they all were men and wanted to win, Donavan would go to management and say, sign him to a one year deal and lets get a championship.

And i understand the draft, it just us philly fans harp on the bad more than the good....for example, we boo the hell out of our OWN players if they dont do something good at the present time. lol....even if they just made a spectacular move before, haha
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Philly is a "what have ya done for me lately" kinda town. 1 good play doesnt make up for the 20 others a certain player blunders. case in point...Winston Justice. he'll forever be known for that one game up in the Meadowlands when they gave up 19 sacks.

TO????? im sorry to say the risk/reward factor with him is just not worth it. he's nothing but a cancer and the Eagles would never welcome him back here...nor would the fans. the guy is a joke.

Boldin would be an excellent fit......HINT HINT you douche bag Banner!!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Yeah I understand it's a business but like I said, the Eagles are $40 million UNDER the cap. They basically tell Dawk to go see what he can get in free agency and then when he gets an offer Philly says they didn't have the opportunity to MATCH it?? C'mon, that's not right, if ANYONE should have finished his career with the team he started with it should have been him.
And I'll tell you something else-you watch him go to the pro bowl this year-he's gonna be in training camp over there and playing 8 home games and work outs-the air is very thin up there-his conditioning is going to be absolutely insane, especially when he goes on road games where there's better air. Look how well John Lynch played out there at his age back then at the same position. I'll bet he plays another 5 years out there.
Agreed...Dawkins should've finished off his career here. but the Eagles track record wasnt in his favor.
I hope he goes on to have a successfull few years in Denver and gets a Championship....if there's anyone in the league more deserving of it would be him....he's a great person!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Philly is a "what have ya done for me lately" kinda town. 1 good play doesnt make up for the 20 others a certain player blunders. case in point...Winston Justice. he'll forever be known for that one game up in the Meadowlands when they gave up 19 sacks.

TO????? im sorry to say the risk/reward factor with him is just not worth it. he's nothing but a cancer and the Eagles would never welcome him back here...nor would the fans. the guy is a joke.

Boldin would be an excellent fit......HINT HINT you douche bag Banner!!
yea i hear you...all i know of winston is he is from USC and allowed 10 sacks vs the giants, lol

And T.O is a duesche off the field but on the field is and was the best reciever they have had since Irving fryar....so to win a super bowl, yes i would accept him back.

And i agree, they have the money, the draft pics and a QB that will get him the ball and a good recieving core/running back to take prssure off of Boldin to free him up. And vis verca ....simple but banner wont think like that, he will think about how nerdy he is and how stupid he sounds and will slowly but surely dissapear til Mcnabb wants a contrract talk again.