Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Help bring back K-Rock to the NYC area

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Go ahead, I wish to be immortalized... and add this pic....

No, that woman sufers from MAS Multiple *** Syndrome. She's got on in the front and one in the bask
Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Corporate radio today CBS & Clear Channel communications have been teairing apart good stations for years. Out my way in Baltimore CBS destroyed the popular Alt-rock 99.1 HFS & Oldies 102.7 WQSR in 2005. Petitions only helped to get both format's weekend air time on other Baltimore co-owned stations and for the Alt-rock which had like 10k signees to the petiton it only lasted about a year and a half before it was moved to HD-radio & online. Sadly as much as I loved streaming the alt-rock HFS online daily at work but they dumped it all together about a month ago and I started to stream 92.3 K-Rock instead. CBS doesn't really care about the listener wants to hear, only about what's going to be cheapest and still gain ratings. In the instances of NY 92.3 Now & 102.7 Fresh the only point is to take the ratings of Hitz 100 & 106.7 Lite FM respectively and make the CBS-co owned stations look better. With today's corporate radio they only care about certain age groups and in most instances the only point is take a chomp out of other stations in the ways I stated above. They don't care if you or I listen to the station but only what age groups they're interested in listen to it and the thought that their copy of Hiz100 (923Now) can bring down Hitz 100 and maybe even take it's place.

Petition's won't change a thing and at most it may land K-Rock on 92.3 HD-Radio channel 2 minus O&A and the DJ's and offer a online stream of it. Your best hope will be that two years down the line that 92.3 Now will pretty much suck and then CBS is forced to bring back K-Rock to revive 92.3 when they see that no other format will work on 92.3 except K-Rock a-la as they did 101.1 CBS-FM. Also just voice your displeasure by not listening to 92.3 Now.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrestrial radio is dead. I have had Sirius for 2 years it's worth every penny.