Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

run in with a cop

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run in with a cop

probably not suppose to be threaded in here but not really racers lounge either.MODS - move it to where you would like

OK so have you ever heard of getting 2 tickets from a cop who "heard" you pull a holeshot. Well I did. Never had a moving violation before and proud of it. Went to my father-in-laws today with my freshly installed cam. He wanted me to take him around the block. I took him through his development, came to the end of the development and made a right. I got the car straight and smacked the gas, it spun up to like maybe 4500, shifted to 2nd and spun for like 4 secs at most. I let off and was doing maybe 30 mph. I then noticed a cop to my right coming down a side road(no lights). I then continued down the road, when I see lights. He pulls me over and tells me to sit tight. He wanted to go back and measure the marks. He came back and said there were no marks, and issued me a Careless driving for "drove a vehicle in a careless disregard for the safety of persons and or property" and wrote me a disorderly conduct for quote "fish-tail/ spin out noise created"

now first off how do you get 2 tickets for the same offense, second how can they prove it when there is no marks and he just heard it? Now granted yes I did it but this is extreme with no previous record and a very short holeshot.
The cop told me that the disorderly fine needs to be set by the judge so how much is this going to cost?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HottestZ28
probably not suppose to be threaded in here but not really racers lounge either.MODS - move it to where you would like

OK so have you ever heard of getting 2 tickets from a cop who "heard" you pull a holeshot. Well I did. Never had a moving violation before and proud of it. Went to my father-in-laws today with my freshly installed cam. He wanted me to take him around the block. I took him through his development, came to the end of the development and made a right. I got the car straight and smacked the gas, it spun up to like maybe 4500, shifted to 2nd and spun for like 4 secs at most. I let off and was doing maybe 30 mph. I then noticed a cop to my right coming down a side road(no lights). I then continued down the road, when I see lights. He pulls me over and tells me to sit tight. He wanted to go back and measure the marks. He came back and said there were no marks, and issued me a Careless driving for "drove a vehicle in a careless disregard for the safety of persons and or property" and wrote me a disorderly conduct for quote "fish-tail/ spin out noise created"

now first off how do you get 2 tickets for the same offense, second how can they prove it when there is no marks and he just heard it? Now granted yes I did it but this is extreme with no previous record and a very short holeshot.
The cop told me that the disorderly fine needs to be set by the judge so how much is this going to cost?

hmm if he saw you do it thats one thing. but still if there are no tire marks on the road then you can try to fight it off in court. you just have to word everything right and you should be ok.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HottestZ28

LOL...Sounds familiar! I got nailed once for spinning the tires and jumpin on it up to 40mph..Illegal display of horsepower and Un-Safe start were my 2 tickets!! The judge loved seein that **** lemme tell ya!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

dude i have no luck with cops ...i was in a 4 cyl cav and past a semi didnt break the speed limit and was in a passing zone and got wrote for speeding and wreckless driving and verbale abuse to an officer .. of course i was pissed and the wife was behind me she knew i wasnt speeding either ... long story short five -o can say what they want and it dont matter .. sry dude
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Launching!

i got pulled over for doing the same thing but i only received a careless driving. seems like the cop just wants to give you the long arm of the law. sorry to hear about the bad luck
Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

it's like getting a F twice for the same paper. I just don't wanna go into the judge and say he didn't see me how can you prove it but seriously to even write it down as this is rediculous. Does anyone know what this disorderly will cost me?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Cops cant issue the ticket after the fact.

Fight it in court you will win. He didn't see anything from what i read.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

they will pull you over for anything, cops are ******** tax collectors
Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well bro you earned the ticket, go fight it!

I got a ticket for "waste of a natural resource"
i told the judge it's my tax money that helps generate it and it was my money that i wasted! and the judge said, " it will be your money that pays the fine" the ticket was dismissed and i paid 35.00 court fees
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

As long as you never in any way admitted to the cop you did anything you're fine, but if you said yeah i floored it but didn't burn out, or anything like that your screwed. If you kept your mouth shut get a lawyer and make the cop look like an idiot in the court room.

Do it yourself and it's a 50/50 chance... A lot of times judges don't care how legit you're story is, if you come with a lawyer your taken A LOT more seriously. Trust me paying the lawyer is better than points on your license. I think it's funny that he gave you a disorderly conduct, I've never seen cops around here ever give that for car related stuff.

Anytime I get a ticket anymore I say the least possibly, answer no questions and wish the cop a nice day and let my lawyer fight it for me. Haven't lost yet
Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are going to fight the law in the court of law so its always his word goes. You may or may not get lucky, make sure you wear a suit, clean cut and present yourself well.

The way you drove your car is breaking the law so if you cant get out of it you cant complain. Most of us do it, thats what these cars were made to do, and why we love to drive them.

Last edited by CAMJAG; 03-22-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I was going north on 24 in Harford County, MD. I was showing off doing a burnout, than noticed a cop come over the hill on the opposite side. I quickly turned off and hoped onto a parallel road (924). The cop must of done the same thing and caught me on the other road. He got me going just 10 miles over the speed limit, and asked me if I knew anything about a burnout. He gave me a ticket and than said to please drive safer. He was pretty cool about it, lol.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I also almost got busted going 130 mph on 95 in Harford County. I was showing off with this girl in the car. I got onto 95S and just about floored it. I had just hit 130 and noticed in my mirrors a cop had just clicked his lights on. I had 2 choices; take an opening and try to outrun or try to blend in with traffic by hiding next to a tractor trailer and turning off all my identifiable lights. I took the second option, and the cop flew right on by the tractor trailer. Needless to say a huge sigh of relief. Girl was all turned on and ready for some more fun, ! I decided it was safer and better to take her home and hide the car, regretfully. This happened in 04' and since this incident I call her my lucky charm, lol. I was talking to her about this yesterday, she still has not forgotten that night!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lone Wolf 350; 03-22-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Forgotten Information
Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

i got pulled over a few years back for dumping the clutch in my old iroc that was automatic
Old 03-23-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get a lawyer.

Cops have more to worry about than this petty bullshit and it pisses me off when they dont go bust crack heads and wife beaters.

We have a little group of guys in our town who just like to get together and talk cars. The cops will come run us off of wherever we are just *sitting* there talking outside our cars. Not doing anything illegal. :Rolleyes: fat miserable bastards.

That's when we go out in the country and rip **** up!!!

Seriously though dude, get a lawyer, and keep him on good terms while you own a cammed F body.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Regular

you were written 2 tickets b/c.... the D.C. is from the crimes code has nothing to do with driving your car it applies b/c you were in a residential area and the section that he refered to probably is 5503a "makes unreasonalbe noise" the cop can testify to this b/c he will testifty that "he heard the burnout etc" the fine on that is a sliding find $100-$300 plus the costs etc, the good thing is its not in the Vehicle code so you can't get any points from it has nothing to do with insurance etc. The careless citation is based on just as you posted your actual driving, since the cop didn't see this he will have a much harder time to prove that one, any judge should throw it out b/c without pics of the marks or something else other than hearing it the cop can't say without a reasonable doubt that you did it, this is the one you should try to fight, in fact I would say that the quickest thing here is to go into court and ask the cop directly if you can plead guilty to the DC ticket and in exchange will he just drop the careless citation, no hearing or anything just straight lets make a deal time. It would cost you alot more to get an attorney to argue all this and you can still lose, some district court judges just hate the local lawyers enough that they do this automatically and refer anything like this up to the county courthouse for appeals.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
get a lawyer.
Do that.

Also you need to understand that for most towns and even states are hurting for revenue, anticipated income tax and sales tax are down and they need to make it up in the budget.

Your also running into 2 other things.

1) It's starting to get nice, more people on the road, children are starting to come outside to play and Prom "season" is approaching so this happens EVERY YEAR. Cops decide to inforce the laws more often.

2) A cop has the choice of pulling you over. He has all right to do so and tell you to slow the **** down. I dont care if your in the middle of the desert, laws are there to protect not only you but those you drive with and those who are other drivers on the road.

It's much easier paperwork for a ticket vs. a Fatal. Beleive me he is doing you a favor. Take your lick, get the lawyer and be done with it.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

I did a donut in front of a cop before that was hiding in the shadows...he must like donuts because he only gave me a unnecessary noise ticket.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
I did a donut in front of a cop before that was hiding in the shadows...he must like donuts because he only gave me a unnecessary noise ticket.
All cops love DONUTS!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Cops cant issue the ticket after the fact.

Fight it in court you will win. He didn't see anything from what i read.
You make it sound all too simple. The cop can say whatever he wants in court. The only fighting chance with this kind of ticket is to get a lawyer and even then it may only get reduced. Guaranteed this is no "win" situation.

Quick Reply: run in with a cop