Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

fuckin cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****** cops

so i was with my brother, his girlfriend and another one of our friends...their all 20...im 21. i forgot i needed to get alcohol cuz i was having some of my friends that are all of age over. so i had him stop at the package store got some stuff then less than a minute down the road an undercover cop runs up to the window and tells us to pull over...i got charged with providing alcohol to minors and they all got possession of alcohol by minors...even though the **** was in the TRUNK! anyone know if i can fight this ticket or not?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, that freakin stupid.

Not that I recommend it, but if your going to pick up for some one, you do not do it with them IN THE CAR! Regardless of your particular situation, you can't give cops a reason to break your *****.

Your going to have to fight it. Talk with a lawyer and see if anything will effect your record, and if it has anything to do with your drivers lic.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea but i wasnt buying it for them lol
Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should be able to fight that. Thats like saying a Dad takes his two sons to the store with him, gets a 6 pack for himself, puts it in the truck, and is supplying minors. If there was no evidence of them drinking it, i think it should be pretty easy to fight it.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deelong4002
You should be able to fight that. Thats like saying a Dad takes his two sons to the store with him, gets a 6 pack for himself, puts it in the truck, and is supplying minors. If there was no evidence of them drinking it, i think it should be pretty easy to fight it.
thats what i was thinking but i was just wondering
Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That stupid ******* cop just probably has a hard on for his job. He probably went away with the alcohol, hooked up with his other cop buddies and they split it.

BTW my dad knew a cop that would do this. he would rip beer off of kids, and then get a a pizza and they would split it with the other cops
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

With a lwayer I dont think It would be all that hard to beat. The cop cannot prove that you were provinding it for them. You may have saved yourself by having it in the trunk. If it was on their lap it would be different. You should be fine if you get a lawyer.
That would be like saying a father cant stop and buy six pack of beer while his sixteen year old son is driving the car with him.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what i said to my friends..."those cops are gonna have a good ******* night" i lost 90 dollars worth of alcohol cuz of that ****
Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and on top of it the cop didnt even ask if he could look in the trunk he told us to open it...dont they need to ask and have our permission to open it
Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

were the bottle all sealed? if so how could you be providing if no one consumed.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yup all of them were sealed...he goes its pretty easy to tell that you guys were all going back to your house to drink...but is it possible that it was in my brothers car and hes not 21?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shutzero
yup all of them were sealed...he goes its pretty easy to tell that you guys were all going back to your house to drink...but is it possible that it was in my brothers car and hes not 21?
That does kinda add to the suspicion, but I don't know if they have enough to convict you of anything.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it was in the trunk and was unopened and you were still with them he cant get you with providing to minors as you havent provided anything.

Fight it and youll get it dropped or you might have to do a few hours of community service.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Question

If the Cops are keeping the beer or whatever you got stopped with and you were charged with a crime, where is the evidence when it comes time to fight it in court? Either you post the correct story or don't post at all.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Teching In

so how did this one end?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PHATKOP
If the Cops are keeping the beer or whatever you got stopped with and you were charged with a crime, where is the evidence when it comes time to fight it in court? Either you post the correct story or don't post at all.
this is the correct story wtf are you talking about
Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbracefan1977
so how did this one end?
hasnt ended yet...were all pleading not guilty and well see what happens when we get to court
Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got stopped for the same reason, i provided id for proof that i was over 21 and i was left go, unless the people under 20 are not drinking how can they even give you a charge for that, I say fight it
Old 04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Always remember one thing, Probable Cause. I do not know if he had probable cause, but kinda similar incidents have happened to me. One with alcohol involved and one without alcohol. Was the alcohol visible from the outside of car?
I believe the officer had to have probable cause to search the car. In effect that is what he did, if it was not visible and he did not stop you from leaving the liqour store. That does not matter now, but for the future; Probable Cause!
First incident: I was 17 and I purchased alocohol from a store that was being watched. Watched for selling alcohol to minors, lol. As soon as I got to my car he comes flying up and asks for some ID. Well lets just say right out front of store, BUSTED. Underage slap on the wrist though!
Second incident: I was 18 and I was with in a friends car. His girlfriends was driving his car, not legally. We got to a gas station and noticed a cop watching us, so I took over driving duties. Well, cop noticed driver change and pulled me over once I got onto the main road. Well, he pulled me out of the car and searched me and everyone else, NOTHING. He than told us all to step away from the car they were going to search it! A buddy familiar with this stopped him and said he can only do that with probable cause. Cop frustrated and annoyed called in the drug dog, they found probable cause! Friend messes with weed, dog picked up scent of a seed in glove box. Probable Cause, than cops searched the car! Not my car and only a seed, so I was not arrested; just warned. No Ticket Either!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alcohol wasn't visible but they watched from across the street

Quick Reply: fuckin cops