Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pinks All Out @ MIR - Who's racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Thanks, I was actually not happy but the weather was answer for it running slow. I thought I was going to see a 10.90 this past weekend. OH well. I was happy that I was there and able to race. The DA was over 3,000 and the BP was in the toilet (29.40).

I was amazed to how many people came up to me asking about the Vette. They swore I had a power adder. I later found out that the Corvette's in the area are show/bling-bling cars. I was shocked to hear that. Most if not all the Vette's in the area never race the 1/4 mile.

The racer's at the track don't see newer/late model Vette's racing. WOW, I think the Vette owners that shine and show need a doctor.
It's true. I have seen maybe 2 vettes actually run down the track the few times i have taken my vette. Rarely see more then 1-2 on friday nights/sunday test n tunes. I have lots of people come up to me in the staging lanes telling me about there vette. Lots have other dedicated track cars and choose not to race them. Lots of bling vettes where i live and in MD.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gosh i see plenty of vette's around this area in VA and none of them ever run at the track or anything. Heck i've seen procharged built Z's that still just have them for looks, it is quite annoying and a waste.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where do you run? I run my vette

I bought it to drive it not look at it.

Probably won't be back to the track until i get a tune and once the weather is ideal.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Where do you run? I run my vette

I bought it to drive it not look at it.

Probably won't be back to the track until i get a tune and once the weather is ideal.
whats up man? haven't seen you around for awhile. when did you get the vette and how is the 3rd gen coming along?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good man how you been? I got the vette 2-3 months ago. So much fun that i nearly lost interest in my camaro. It still sits without a drivetrain. I won't sell it because i have a place for it thats not costing me anything. I actually sold off the cam that i bought for you because i will be going bigger when i decide to put the motor in the car. Still needs machining and such but like i said i just lost interest. The vette is awesome, fast right out of the box, just bought some ccws for it that will be here in a couple weeks...

Hit me up some time, did you make it down to burger king this past friday? I was thinking about it but never did but i heard lots of vettes went and some of you from fbody hideout. I need to stop lurking on there and actually post!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Teching In

saw some of your cars down there. we had a great time. ran some new best 60s and 1/8 but the heat was killing my blower car up top yanking the timing.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Good man how you been? I got the vette 2-3 months ago. So much fun that i nearly lost interest in my camaro. It still sits without a drivetrain. I won't sell it because i have a place for it thats not costing me anything. I actually sold off the cam that i bought for you because i will be going bigger when i decide to put the motor in the car. Still needs machining and such but like i said i just lost interest. The vette is awesome, fast right out of the box, just bought some ccws for it that will be here in a couple weeks...

Hit me up some time, did you make it down to burger king this past friday? I was thinking about it but never did but i heard lots of vettes went and some of you from fbody hideout. I need to stop lurking on there and actually post!
i dont know which burger king you are talking about on fridays. i know of the bk in manassas on saturday. sometimes we go up there and hang out. usually on friday i go to chikfila at dulles town center. does your girl still have her ta?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya i meant sat sorry. Ya shes still got the T/A. I heard about the chik fila also i have yet to go to that.