Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

BOOOM!!!!!! Yup thats what she did tonight :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 10:58 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Gorrilla Glue for the win.
Old 07-08-2009 | 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres a quote from Corvette forum from one of the vendors DTE that makes rear diff's, strut braces etc for the corvette and other cars.

Bruce-
In case you didn't get my reply via email..

Hi Bruce,
No problem on the parts and I can understand where you're coming from on the $ thing- especially with your wedding coming so close. Got to keep the other half happy! LOL

I do have a 2009 C6Z pinion shaft support, the related front/rear pinion shaft bearings/races and the crush sleeve you can have. All of it is in excellent, new-like condition, so consider it yours.

The only take-out ring & pinion gear set we have that is of good working quality is a low-mile, Motive Gear 3.73 that has already been micro-polished and cryogenically treated. It was removed from a good working differential that we had previously built for a customer of our's and the only reason we changed it out to the 3.15, was because he was adding a big cube stroker engine with nitrous. We figured that the 3.73 gearing he currently had was going to be far too low for his application with all that massive torque; hence the swap out. If you want that also, consider it yours.

If we pack the pinion shaft support stuff in the diff. gear box, we should be able to ship it to you for about $25. Just give me a call to confirm your shipping addy.

Hopefully this helps you get out of a pinch so you can drive your car for your wedding, parties, etc. if you need anything else or if you have any other questions, give me a shout.

BTW- No "sleeping with me" needed to get these parts either.... Yikes!! LOL!

Regards & best wishes on the wedding!
Phil

"Achieving a higher engineering standard is our competitive advantage..."

www.dtepowertrain.com

Looks like due to DTE and a good friend Rick Kim the vette will be back up in a few weeks to make to the dyno day and wedding. No racing or anything but atleast i can enjoy the car again SOON!
Old 07-09-2009 | 06:53 AM
11 Second Club

thats awfully nice of them to do that. congrats....hope to see it at the dyno.
Old 07-09-2009 | 09:55 AM
Launching!

Wow your getting all that stuff for just shipping? That's awesome! Hell of a nice guy to do that for you!
Old 07-09-2009 | 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Thats about the best wedding gift you can ask for on the forum. I think there products are fantastic... Matter of fact I am cutting 1.5 60' times with both left and right DTE shafts and a DTE stut brace without any problems so far. Thats over 2 years now on a manual tranny. So when something goes DTE will be getting more of my business.