Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Spectator drags...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after finding this thread i went to youtube to see if i could find anything and i did. i believe bryan in this thread had the 3rd gen. nice racing man. after watching this i will not be entering my baby lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiS3...eature=related
i thought he was going for sure. i think ill build up another 4gen in a few yrs just so i can run it in events like this and not care if gets banged up a little. ive always wanted to run at the speedway for yrs what are you guys running for suspension? i wonder how a strano package with konis,springs,watts, and sways will do along with a full built suspension? i will be close to a full suspension car soon and would love to see how it would do(im a decent driver). btw do you guys play with camber and air out the outside tires a little for that track? i know a truck driver that used to pick up the cars at the track he did it for over 20yrs at seekonk.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
any more info on the 100ft drags. my car would be nasty for that lol
Check the link posted a few posts up.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
after finding this thread i went to youtube to see if i could find anything and i did. i believe bryan in this thread had the 3rd gen. nice racing man. after watching this i will not be entering my baby lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiS3...eature=related
i thought he was going for sure. i think ill build up another 4gen in a few yrs just so i can run it in events like this and not care if gets banged up a little. ive always wanted to run at the speedway for yrs what are you guys running for suspension? i wonder how a strano package with konis,springs,watts, and sways will do along with a full built suspension? i will be close to a full suspension car soon and would love to see how it would do(im a decent driver). btw do you guys play with camber and air out the outside tires a little for that track? i know a truck driver that used to pick up the cars at the track he did it for over 20yrs at seekonk.
I'm actually the white ls1 4th gen. I can't see that link right now since I'm at work. But yeah I've got a few modifications done to it.. konis with stranos but just a PHB. I'm not sure how much a watts will give you an advantage on the circle.. I haven't looked into it though. I do have my ideal tire pressure ranges and bleed them after my 2nd-3rd runs. I have about -1.5 in the front right tire.. I don't have an understeer issue, so I don't think I'll need much more than that. Some guys make the drivers front tire positive camber, but I think that might be frowned upon. If I did that, I'd probably just make myself more loose anyway.

Quick Reply: Spectator drags...