Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Info on the DC area please

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm... and you're in Bristow - that's pretty far out there. I was happy to move to Pittsburgh back in May, but I also lived in McLean. I believe McLean and the people who live there are the epitome of what you just explained. But Bristow?

We mostly moved because we knew it'd be FOREVER before we could afford a home we liked. We also knew that it would be a solid hour and a half to make it to work every day considering the traffic (we'd like to live in a more "rural" area).

00T/AWS6 - I never made it out to Tony's Gainesville location (I'm assuming that is where you are referring to).
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bristow is nice but I had to travel 66 to get to work in Chantilly and that was bad for the most part. Just 17 miles and it would take me 45 -60 minutes to get to work on a good day. My hours were 8:30-5. Friday nights were bad coming home....usually 1.5 hrs. Manassas has to be the worst place to go to and I try not go go but often have to for a few stores that arent in Bristow or G'ville. I sometimes wonder if I am in the U.S when I go to Manassas. I'd move back to where I was born and raised in a heartbeat as it was rural too rather then live here but for now I'm stuck till the b/f gets a transfer for his job. We want to move south to SC or NC for better winter weather.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
You couldn't pay me 5 million dollars to move back here if I'd moved away. No way on God's green earth. This place is terrible....cops are horrible, pull you over for nothing, totally too much traffic and too many people. Everything is overpriced, most of the people are self centered, don't know how to drive, drive too slow.......I can keep going on! I hope we can move away from here by next year. When I moved from SE PA to Nova in 2001 it was different and nice. Now it's become overcrowded with foreigners who'd be better off riding a donkey then driving since they're so horrible at it.
Not sure if you meant it to be, but that's some of the funniest **** I've read on here!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johns00Z28
Not sure if you meant it to be, but that's some of the funniest **** I've read on here!
Yeah I meant it to be but it's all true! I swear the way some of these people drive around here if you went up to them while they're in the car you probably wouldnt find a pulse. My b/f and I call it the Road of the Dead. They should make a movie about the zombie drivers of nova.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I meant it to be but it's all true! I swear the way some of these people drive around here if you went up to them while they're in the car you probably wouldnt find a pulse. My b/f and I call it the Road of the Dead. They should make a movie about the zombie drivers of nova.
Followed by the sequel of "I Wish I Had a Huge Pickup So I Could Smash Into Stupid Drivers!" I swear some of the stupidest drivers are here in Germantown.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

They call it Manasty for a reason. The funny thing is, I'd take hispanics over the white trash we have up here. I should bring some of them up...

Yes, the drivers are annoying. It's because many have never driven a vehicle, or probably even rode in one before moving here. This is a World City, afterall.

Yes, 66 sucks. I would have probably got off at Fair Lakes depending on where you worked in Chantilly. That's usually where most of the bottle neck starts since you lose lanes.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Followed by the sequel of "I Wish I Had a Huge Pickup So I Could Smash Into Stupid Drivers!" I swear some of the stupidest drivers are here in Germantown.
Yes, the worst drivers were in Germantown/Rockville. We lived in Rockville off Key West. That was one of the driving factors for us moving to VA. There was also some gang shootings in broad daylight at the Shady Grove metro, and I wasn't going to have my fiance deal with that (she worked in Bethesda).
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
yeah demonspeed pretty much hit it dead on rain instead of snow, traffic going a few miles, yada yada. Haha Tony's pizza is good, his brother Ciro has a pizza place right next to my house. Freaken amazin stuff. Yeah i'm catless and cam there are ways dont fret. SSinner i still dont think i've seen you at a meet, where you been?? Check hideout and come to MIR on the 16th (not to hijack)
Im gonna try my best to make it to Chik-fila friday. Im goin to see John for some tweeking before. Realy doubt ill make it to MIR meet cause i work 11pm-7am sat-wed in DC. Hopefully ill catch u guys friday or sat at BK.

I HATE THE PEOPLE AND TRAFFIC HERE TOO!!! My favorite thing/quote to say about all the bad drivers in this area is "SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL TO KILL THEM!!!!!"
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAHHAHAHA MICHELLE THAT WAS GREAT!!!! You truley just made today's work day amazing, just for the fact that from knowing you that is whole heartedly how you feel. Yeah going through manassas definitly sucks and it is just a horrible place to be around. Traffic sux, i dont know i think i'd rather be around the rednecks then foreigners.

Oh and Demonspeed, Tony opened one in centreville down the street from me and him and his brother worked there. Then he left and his brother took over and renamed it Ciro's pizza instead of Tony's haha. Still amazin food, only pizza place i go to!!!

SSinner I should be at Chik on friday weather permitting. Should be a good F-body turnout too if people show. See you then, maybe michelle will come out hint hint!!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad I made ya laugh! BTW I should be at Chic-fil-a with ws6lvr on Friday.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Found this on youtube...thought it was pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Found this on youtube...thought it was pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
Now that was freakin hilarious
Old 08-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Teching In

Glad I made ya laugh! BTW I should be at Chic-fil-a with ws6lvr on Friday.
I saw u at chik-fila friday, i parked right next to u in the NBM SS. Awsome paint job!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSINNER
I saw u at chik-fila friday, i parked right next to u in the NBM SS. Awsome paint job!
You know someone asked who you were and I said I didn't know because you never came over and said anything. Someone else also said "SSINNER said he was going to be here but I guess he didn't show up." Again because you didn't say anything to the hideout crew that was there . We were looking at your car but at that time you weren't there. Next time let us know who you are .

Thanks for the compliments on the car.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Funniest video ever......
Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

You know someone asked who you were and I said I didn't know because you never came over and said anything. Someone else also said "SSINNER said he was going to be here but I guess he didn't show up." Again because you didn't say anything to the hideout crew that was there . We were looking at your car but at that time you weren't there. Next time let us know who you are .

Thanks for the compliments on the car.
that was me that asked if that was his car or not. i remember you saying "you mean the car that everyone is leaning on?"
Old 08-09-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
that was me that asked if that was his car or not. i remember you saying "you mean the car that everyone is leaning on?"
Yep I remembered after I posted that it was you. I just didnt edit the post.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha yeah everyone kept asking who's car that was and people were like no clue or maybe it's SSinner. Don't be shy come introduce yourself next time. There was a nice big crew of us there.