Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh Area - Sarver Auto/Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Pittsburgh Area - Sarver Auto/Dyno?

I drive by this place daily, and they always seem to have some Mustangs or GM cars outside. Their sign says performance stuff and diesel dyno, so I was just curious to what they did.

Hopefully this doesn't get locked since they aren't a sponsor, but since I'm new to the area, I just thought I'd ask if they were legit, or just some rednecks in the middle of nowhere.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know much about them but I think they have a dyno race once a month. I think one month is cars and the next month is diesel. I don't know if they do any kind of tuning though. I agree though it always seems busy when I go by there.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Thread has already been reported by someone.

Just don't put any contact information or pricing. I would stick with reputable site sponsors. Check refrences from fellow board members. There are way too many hack shops out there claiming to do performance work.

Dave
Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Thread has already been reported by someone.

Just don't put any contact information or pricing. I would stick with reputable site sponsors. Check refrences from fellow board members. There are way too many hack shops out there claiming to do performance work.

Dave
I honestly wasn't looking to plug them or anything. Like I said, I am new to the area and drive by them every day. I honestly don't even know if they specialize in anything in particular, or if they simply just have a dyno.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Someone reported him? They must be a real loser. He didn't really say anything. This is one of the reasons that I don't log in as much anymore.

If we are talking about the same place, my car was dynoed there by the guy who tuned my computer. I don't know what kind of work they do there or if they are any good.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I believe it to have been a bit much to jump on this post and report it. It seems to me that someone should be spending more time in their shop rather than policing the internet. It's not like the owner of this shop is on here touting anything, and I'm certainly NOT an ambassador for them. Just Google them - they don't even have a website.

While I do understand that sponsers pay some hefty fees to this site, anyone who does great work will know that a small, no-name shop in the middle of nowhere that has never been mentioned before will not take their business away - especially since these sponsors have built a solid reputation. The way I look at it would be if I am an owner of a reputable shop, I'd let someone mention a new place, let them take their car there on their own will (not being forced to pick a sponsor) and then realize they should have taken their car to a sponsor in the first place. It's kind of like the slogan "We install the best and repair the rest". Maybe I just think of business in a different way, so I digress...

I only asked about this place simply because it is litterally in the middle of nowhere and I like to know about things where I live. Since I have only been here for about 3 months, I still have a lot to explore in Pittsburgh. If I needed some work, I'd probably end up at Rapid since many friends have had great luck with Mikey (even though it's on the other side of the state).

As I meet people, I'd like to be informed about local shops and events. Who's to say they even really do much more than some diesels and Mustangs? As we are a car enthusiast community, it'd be nice to speak about everything out there.

I'd also like to add that davered00ss handled this great as a moderator.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Also, as a note to the noobies, just because a business holds the title of "sponsor" on this site, that does not necessarily mean that they are 100% trustworthy. I think this site does an admirable job of monitoring customer's feedback of their sponsors, and removing them when they fail to maintain exemplary business ethics. Sometimes, however, problems still occur. One example is a former sponsor who was a custom turbo kit producer and installer. I was a victim myself. At the time I made a deposit on my kit, the feedback on the sponsor was fine. It was after I had already committed several thousand dollars to the project that I began reading negative feedback of countless customers, who had paid for turbo kits and received only some, or none of the parts for which they paid. This place was ultimately removed as a sponsor, but many honest people had already been burned by that time. Having said that, that was the only bad experience I have had with any of this site's sponsors, with whom I have conducted business. Most of these businesses are run by friendly, helpful, conscientious people, who are committed to providing their customers with the best service possible. Just keep tabs on the sponsor feedback section for those businesses who have maintained a high level of customer service over a long period of time.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I live 5 minutes from that place. For years they were just a transmisson shop then a couple years ago they got a dyno. My car was tuned there when I had the twin turbo setup on. PM me if you want any other info.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Good points demonspeed and Bugsy! Whenever I buy something, I do my research. demonspeed took the words right out my mouth when he said "it'd be nice to speak about everything out there". That way, I wouldn't have to use other resources to research the non-sponsors. I wouldn't buy anything from anybody who is "afraid" of the competition.

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Area - Sarver Auto/Dyno?