Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for electrcian help, will pay $$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Looking for electrcian help, will pay $$$

I am having a **** ton of issues in my condo, windows are cracked, pest problem, the new baseboard heater wont turn off among other issues.

I installed a new 10 foot, 2500 watt 220 volt electric baseboard heater. I have a fairly new Honeywell programable line voltage thermostat. I have this setup working in the other two rooms but in the living room is the problem.....once I connect power (at the breaker) the heat comes on full blast and non stop. Even if I set the thermostat to 40 degrees.

I wired it two different ways and the breaker hasnt popped so I dont think I killed the thermostat. I have two working ones in the other rooms but I dont want to test with those because if I am killing them I dont want to kill another.

Does anyone have time Saturday evening or anytime Sunday to swing by? I'll provide cash, food and beer.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe, won't Don help you out w/that??? WJ
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
He doesn't ask.Just posts looking for an electrician.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Thats what I was thinking
Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Joe, please stop trying to do your own electrical wiring--- especially after you've been on 1 of your "beers-of-the-world" sampling sprees.... WJ
Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Humanitarian

Don swung by last night and fixed the wiring and told me I was putting a single pole thermostat on a double pole system.

The other two rooms are single pole (because they are 120 volt vs the living room's 220 volt) so I assumed....which isnt good.

Oh come on Warren, there are some burn marks on the wall and I burned my eye brows off last time I tried to hook up the electric but that was the worst of it. I didnt die or anything.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Don swung by last night and fixed the wiring and told me I was putting a single pole thermostat on a double pole system.

The other two rooms are single pole (because they are 120 volt vs the living room's 220 volt) so I assumed....which isnt good.

Oh come on Warren, there are some burn marks on the wall and I burned my eye brows off last time I tried to hook up the electric but that was the worst of it. I didnt die or anything.
LOL "how come when it gets colder the lights get dimmer?"

Yeah I installed a bunch of dimmer switches, ceiling fans, and timers, when I bought my place. I only got a 3 pole confused once but knew right away, and also only zapped my self once (thought I still had the breaker off).

Well now you will know for next time
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Joe, why don't you take a ride up to NED for the day tomorrow? Sounds like tons of the guys are gonna be up there and the season is rapidly coming to a close.....it'd be great to see you. Best wishes.... WJ
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need Griffs colored electrical tape and all will be good
Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Humanitarian

Joe, why don't you take a ride up to NED for the day tomorrow? Sounds like tons of the guys are gonna be up there and the season is rapidly coming to a close.....it'd be great to see you. Best wishes.... WJ
I had to work all night Friday and I wasnt around on Saturday until after work which was about 1:00 PM then the drive up there would of put me back to about 2:30 PM. I've been working a little OT....I am getting the windows done, fiance is quiting the second job and I'm trying to pay off a little debt and pay off the fiance's car. The **** will never end and I'll be busy for a while.

I did clean my daily driver, it's wicked wicked clean..........then it rained all day today. Whatever, it looks awesome out there in the rain.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Life is short, my friend....Try to take some time for a little fun w/your friends. Still some good racing up there thru October.... WJ
Old 09-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Humanitarian

Well looks like my TV is about to die as well. Another expense.

I may make a trip this coming weekend just to see whats happening. I need to do something different to break up my plain old weekends.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Warren,Dieso isn't a racer anymore.He's got the Subaru so he hangs out in parking lots with the rear hatch open/stereo pumping
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Dark side??

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Warren,Dieso isn't a racer anymore.He's got the Subaru so he hangs out in parking lots with the rear hatch open/stereo pumping
Beer 'n Guns......and now a "fart-can jamboree" car....What will it take to bring this man back from the dark side?? WJ
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Humanitarian

A garage and then I'll buy a Corvette. Until then there is nothing that interests me (at least without a garage). The new Camaro's look kind of dorky, the G8 is even more sedan looking than the GTO and the Vette's and Vipers.....I cant leave them out in the weather.

I have a Subaru and Suzuki bike..... I went total Jap! I'm still kind of American. I like guns, beers, fried food and dumb blond chicks.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

A garage and then I'll buy a Corvette. Until then there is nothing that interests me (at least without a garage). The new Camaro's look kind of dorky, the G8 is even more sedan looking than the GTO and the Vette's and Vipers.....I cant leave them out in the weather.

I have a Subaru and Suzuki bike..... I went total Jap! I'm still kind of American. I like guns, beers, fried food and dumb blond chicks.
A Japanese girlfriend would put you total Jap, Joe..... WJ
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Humanitarian

The fiance is Mexican, German and Italian.... I skipped the Jap thing and just went off the wall with the one I have.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The fiance is Mexican, German and Italian.... I skipped the Jap thing and just went off the wall with the one I have.
How did she get stuck with a 100% Irish guy like yourself
Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Humanitarian

I'm never going to live that down..... throw anything at me; I'll even take the Polish jokes!

She's short, brown and easy going. She wanted a tall, white and anxious type of guy. It's my charm!!!! I'm the man when I'm drunk. I dont remember telling her it was ok for her to die when I was hanging out with her....I had her at the first 30 seconds without insults!