Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fbody-cop magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
So please answer me this one simple question: why would an officer of the law ask if I have drugs in my car after being pulled over for my exhaust?
Dont know...wasnt there with you....Maybe because he suspected you may have drugs in your car.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
Dont know...wasnt there with you....Maybe because he suspected you may have drugs in your car.

ding ding ding

i find that being polite and not acting like a dickwad helps a lot when i get pulled over by the police. only happened twice, both times i was nice and didn't admit to how fast i was going exactly. got the well you were 16 over and i know i was really only 10-14 over which is the lower fine ticket, so they let me go. the first time the cop was really nice about it. i was driving like a fucktard on a windy backwoods sort of road where lots of trees and deer were and he said he didn't care so much about the speeding itself as the fact that there were deer, lots of turns, no lights, and lots of trees. he said he has seen some pretty grisly stuff and i can only imagine. so i slowed down around those sorts of areas. i find that looking for possible police helps a lot too, and not showing off or driving fast and not being an idiot helps.

sorry bud, but until those tickets get expunged from your record however that works and until you get rid of the tint and maybe get a little older and drive slower, this will happen.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed that I can drive past a cop in my trailblazer doing 65mph in a 55 and they wont bat a eye.But I know if I was in any of my F-bodies they would be pulling out to pull me over.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

I'll agree that fbodies are cop magnates. a cop almost caused an accident cause he was grilling me so hard one day, I've been pulled over for 'going too fast' doing 20 in a 30 been pullled over for 5mph over a few times, been pulled over after seeing a cop and counting to 4mississippy at a stop sign for 'not stopping' for the stop sign, been pulled over for 'excessive acceleration' even tho my tires didn't squeel a bit... it took a few years but now all the cops in my area know my car and know I'm a good kid and they leave me alone unless I actually do something that actually warrants being pulled over.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trippinholyman
oh, and get rid of the tint, fifty cent. you're not riding around in a limousine
LOL, Thats funny ****...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

really? you ppl think cops never pull ppl over for total BS?
most cops are ok and just normal guyes. a lot are friends of mine. but then we say that "sure there's always some ******* cops out there"

but nobody think maybe this cop that pulled him over really was just being a *******? possible or impossible..discuss.

but a lot of us might have been pulled over for onoe BS reason or another at some point.

my advise is just chill out and forget about it. shut your car up and put on a cut-out like i do. so when you wanna be loud it your option

i live over in HudsonValley NY. so i think its the same cops we both deal with. but i havent gotten pulled yet...but im shooting high, keep hope alive. lol

take it easy buddy.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Cops profile F-bodies and young male drivers. It's not fair but there's nothing you can do about it.

Times i've been pulled over:
In my firebirds: 5
Any other car: 0

I was pulled over for brake lights when my lights worked fine, i checked them that day. My friend in the passenger seat got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt when he never even took his seat belt off. The cop was a ******** in general, just harassing me about everything and trying to provoke me for no reason. I also got pulled over twice for pulling over. The cops asked me "why did you pull over?" and i wanted to say "because i f*ing felt like it, you got a problem with that?". I've only been pulled over in my college town, where a cop was caught for 20+ accounts of steeling doughnuts from a gas station, no joke.

I'm not a reckless driver, I simply can't afford for my car insurance to go up. It's come to the point where i drive like a grandma around town, have no plans for any exterior mods to attract attention, I check my bulbs and turn my lights on as soon as i can't see the sun anymore, and i don't even wear a baseball hat when i drive so i look older. The only thing you can do is build a reputation for being a good driver... and maybe put a plate on the front of your car.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

You never win a fight with a cop, so you might as well be as nice and respectful as possible and they MIGHT cut you a break...
Old 09-27-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not going to give you a lesson here, but I have been stopped for some bs stuff. I work for an airline and I don't get off till late. I have been stopped several times for some bs stuff. Once I was stopped for having my registration sticker in the wrong spot. It was a three year old sticker and to top it off he was in front of me or coming towards me going the other way. Rear plate sticker. Tell me how he saw going the other way the sticker on the back at night? Another time I got stopped because "your lights have a tint of blue." I said "i'm shining my lights on a blue car!" Needless to say that night I got my tools out of the back and took the lights out and showed him the DOT stamp. Filed a complaint on that one. I have a clean record never been stopped for anything other than those things. Except one time no front plate the day I bought it. So yeah it does happen, but cops are like anyone else some are cool as hell and some are F****!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

agreed, some are nice others are not. i got picked out of a crowd of people speeding when i was the only one who was not speeding and i got a seatbelt ticket from it.

Quick Reply: Fbody-cop magnet?