Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fbody-cop magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fbody-cop magnet?

I got my car when I was 16 and have since recieved 6 pts on my license in 3 years. Since, I have "slowed" down a bit(lol) but still managed to get pulled over for reasons other then speeding. I had a cop whip a u-turn in a 55 mph zone to pull me over for and over due inspection. Turned out I had a temp but still got a brake light ticket. Going to work at 5am I have been pulled over for no front plate and have recieved tickets for that and not having my license. There were a few no front plates actually lol. But this passed week tops it all. I was pulled over for my "loud exhaust". The cop comes up to the passenger side windows gives me the whole your exhaust is loud bs. I give him my license and info and then pops the question: "So do you have any drugs in the car, you know any cocaine or marijuana?"For those who know me i'm a clean kid carry above a 3.0 in college while working etc... Now i'm usually pretty respectful but after that I was a complete ******** to him. I respond "So my loud exhaust has led you to believe I have drugs in the car?" Lets just say he didn't take it too well. After exchanging some words he makes my friend empty his pockets to find chapstick and a reciept. Then asks me if he would find "anything" in the car. I told him no and I wouldn't give him consent to search it if he wanted to. I'm honestly suprised he didn't give me an exhaust ticket and window tint. This dude was a straight up PIG. Anything I can do about this ? I thought about seeing the cheif or something but I would probably just get laughed at.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Posts like this never cease to amaze me........why do people with numerous violations always complain about being "profiled" by the police.
So you have...
--loud exhaust
--no front plate
--illegal tint
--speeding problems
--expired inspection
--no license
F-bodys are not cop-magnets......immature drivers are.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
I got my car when I was 16 and have since recieved 6 pts on my license in 3 years. Since, I have "slowed" down a bit(lol) but still managed to get pulled over for reasons other then speeding. I had a cop whip a u-turn in a 55 mph zone to pull me over for and over due inspection. Turned out I had a temp but still got a brake light ticket. Going to work at 5am I have been pulled over for no front plate and have recieved tickets for that and not having my license. There were a few no front plates actually lol. But this passed week tops it all. I was pulled over for my "loud exhaust". The cop comes up to the passenger side windows gives me the whole your exhaust is loud bs. I give him my license and info and then pops the question: "So do you have any drugs in the car, you know any cocaine or marijuana?"For those who know me i'm a clean kid carry above a 3.0 in college while working etc... Now i'm usually pretty respectful but after that I was a complete ******** to him. I respond "So my loud exhaust has led you to believe I have drugs in the car?" Lets just say he didn't take it too well. After exchanging some words he makes my friend empty his pockets to find chapstick and a reciept. Then asks me if he would find "anything" in the car. I told him no and I wouldn't give him consent to search it if he wanted to. I'm honestly suprised he didn't give me an exhaust ticket and window tint. This dude was a straight up PIG. Anything I can do about this ? I thought about seeing the cheif or something but I would probably just get laughed at.
Lol. You listed several reasons why a cop could legitimately pull you over (ex. no plate, loud exhaust, driving too fast, etc.) and you wonder why you have a "cop magnet?"

Is an F-body a cop magnet? They're flashy and can draw attention if driven inappropriately. They're "fast" and stereotypically are driven by young people with sloppy impulse control/a lead foot. The difference between not being hassled and being pulled over on a regular basis would be adhering to the law.

Whenever I think of it...I watch cops that drive by to see if they even look at my car (wondering myself how much attention it gets). They don't pay any attention to it. No joke...I've yet to catch a single cop even glance at my car.

Last edited by johnlv6; 09-24-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ive had my SS for over 10 yrs and ive never been stopped for no reason.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Launching!

I just took a moment to read your post more thoroughly...

The bigger issue here is that you have an attitude problem. The cop asked you a valid question and you copped an attitude with him.

I was pulled over for my "loud exhaust". The cop comes up to the passenger side windows gives me the whole your exhaust is loud bs. I give him my license and info and then pops the question: "So do you have any drugs in the car, you know any cocaine or marijuana?"For those who know me i'm a clean kid carry above a 3.0 in college while working etc... Now i'm usually pretty respectful but after that I was a complete ******** to him. I respond "So my loud exhaust has led you to believe I have drugs in the car?" Lets just say he didn't take it too well. After exchanging some words he makes my friend empty his pockets to find chapstick and a reciept.
WGAF? Some of the biggest potheads I knew when I was going to school held down a job and a 3.0+ GPA.

Yes...because wiseass comments to LEO's usually work out well for you. In all seriousness...the cop was probably profiling when he pulled you over. Yeah...profiling...that thing that cops aren't supposed to do but do anyways because it's human nature. Something told him to pull over your car, as it was likely being operated by a young turd. Guess what...he was right.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Something told him to pull over your car, as it was likely being operated by a young turd. Guess what...he was right.
wow this thread is going to get ugly real fast
Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by transam981331
wow this thread is going to get ugly real fast
I'm brutally honest. Read his entire post and tell me if I wasn't accurate.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnlv6
I just took a moment to read your post more thoroughly...

The bigger issue here is that you have an attitude problem. The cop asked you a valid question and you copped an attitude with him.

WGAF? Some of the biggest potheads I knew when I was going to school held down a job and a 3.0+ GPA.

Yes...because wiseass comments to LEO's usually work out well for you. In all seriousness...the cop was probably profiling when he pulled you over. Yeah...profiling...that thing that cops aren't supposed to do but do anyways because it's human nature. Something told him to pull over your car, as it was likely being operated by a young turd. Guess what...he was right.
ouch baby, very ouch

in all seriousness, i'd like to share a bit of advice with you so you stop getting pulled over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnplh7gnlU
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

I'll tell ya one thing I have a friend thats a cop and he has told me ya I have the right to not let a cop search my car, but that cop now can call in the K-9unit dog and have them sniff out your car.........and believe me those puppies don't car about you pretty seats and nice carpet.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dogs dont go inside of your car, they sniff around the outside. also, if they tear up the paint or damage anything, you can sue the police for that and i would. i always deny search requests
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know why people complain so much about tickets. You drive a car that ask for attention and your going to get it. I have 6 pts on my license now. I drive too fast most of the time, not recklessly but i just can't keep myself out of the left lane. Almost every ticket i have been respectful and got them bumped down. I deserved every one of my tickets and i take responsibility for them. I have 3-4 on my record currently. It sucks but i deal with it. You got to pay to play. I don't try to make my car more illegal then it already is. I don't push my luck. I have never had a dick officer almost all of them have been real nice. Mainly because i put them in a position to where they don't need to worry. Pull off far off the road, both windows down, car off, yes sir no sir, hands visible, **** like that.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with the others, I dont like be harassed by the cops but they pretty much hold the power. Everytime I've been pulled over it was for a good reason, i.e. I was messin up, and everytime I'm polite and apologetic and honest. It gets me out of a lot of tickets that I probably wouldnt even have a license anymore if they wanted to push it.

I used to be against cops but as I've gotten older I understand they have a job to do and its a dangerous one. Sure there are some jerk cops out there but why give them a reason to hem you up?

And I agree with not giving consent to search, sometimes they mess stuff up and they wont bother getting a warrant to search unless you really are suspicious. And the dogs dont go inside unless you give consent or they have a warrant or probable cause like smell or something.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The loud exhaust, that one if it's early in the AM you'll get snagged for every time. Afternoon/evening, even mid day they're not as bad on because there's enough other cars driving around it will not stick out so much. The front plate, I was pulled over for that twice, I alughed and told teh cop both times it was on my workbench at home, becasue it looked like **** on teh front of teh car. Got me 2 warnings, but I never put the plate on. Speeding, it you're going less then 10 mph over usually, unless you're the only car on the road they won't bother you. Tail light out, fix it. That's just asking for trouble, and is easily avoided.

As for cops being dicks, the ones I can't stand are the hypocrit's that will drive at 100 mph to get to the donut shop (seen that more then once, speeds by and blows the siren to go thru a light, on the way to meet another cop at a local business, that happen to be a dunkin donuts) and the ones that like to blatently break laws themselves on their own time (everything from DUI to you name it) but never seem to get caught becuase they're buddy buddy with the local cops, or they'll get pulled over and being a cop the other cop lets them slide). That's the BS that I can't stand.

They do have a job to do, and it is not the safest one for sure, but the problem, is that there's just too many out there that are as corrupt/hypocritical as the day is long.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the bronx and I've had my car along time.Not once have I got a ticket the main thing is the way you handle yourself.Fbody is def not a cop magnet.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my car for 8yrs and put almost 55k on it.
Been pulled over twice, one for no front plate and got a written warning. The other cause it was 1am and the cop was bored, just a spot check (Also before my car was real loud).

I don't drive my car late at night anymore or in the early mornings usually. Just don't give em' a reason and you won't get pulled over. I drive around town like a grandma in the TA, maybe when you get a nice straitaway and nobody is around in the middle of the day I'll play a little but otherwise I'm good. Almost perfect driving record and I don't race on the street and I can't tell you how many countless times I've been provoked. My car is just a weekend car now, if I had to drive it everyday I'd have to tone a few things down.

It sounds like a lot of things you've been pulled over for were legit. It's in your best interest to be polite. I always give the "Yes Sir" atttude even if he's being a jerk to me. As long as he doesn't talk about my wife or my mom, he can say whatever he wants.

Plus half these guys run you plate and see that your like 20'ish in a loud sports car, your a good option to pad the quota.

*EDIT*
Actually, apparently Giant 21 speed mt bikes are cop magnets. Cause I got pulled over on one yesterday, haha that's a first. Wonder if it was the fart pipe....

Last edited by DannoWS6; 09-25-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
Posts like this never cease to amaze me........why do people with numerous violations always complain about being "profiled" by the police.
So you have...
--loud exhaust
--no front plate
--illegal tint
--speeding problems
--expired inspection
--no license
F-bodys are not cop-magnets......immature drivers are.
lets clear things up. The plate is on the car, I have not recieved a speedingg ticket in 2 years, legitimate nys inspection, a valid drivers license, loud exhaust thats a matter of opinion.
Originally Posted by peterock98
I live in the bronx and I've had my car along time.Not once have I got a ticket the main thing is the way you handle yourself.Fbody is def not a cop magnet.
In your neck of the woods cops have alot more to worry about then ******* with kids with sports cars. Up here in west bumblefuck there isn't much crime at all and drug busts are scarce to say the least.That is a different story from NYC. They have to worry about terrorism on top of drugs crime etc....

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Had my car for 8yrs and put almost 55k on it.
Been pulled over twice, one for no front plate and got a written warning. The other cause it was 1am and the cop was bored, just a spot check (Also before my car was real loud).

I don't drive my car late at night anymore or in the early mornings usually. Just don't give em' a reason and you won't get pulled over. I drive around town like a grandma in the TA, maybe when you get a nice straitaway and nobody is around in the middle of the day I'll play a little but otherwise I'm good. Almost perfect driving record and I don't race on the street and I can't tell you how many countless times I've been provoked. My car is just a weekend car now, if I had to drive it everyday I'd have to tone a few things down.

It sounds like a lot of things you've been pulled over for were legit. It's in your best interest to be polite. I always give the "Yes Sir" atttude even if he's being a jerk to me. As long as he doesn't talk about my wife or my mom, he can say whatever he wants.

Plus half these guys run you plate and see that your like 20'ish in a loud sports car, your a good option to pad the quota.

*EDIT*
Actually, apparently Giant 21 speed mt bikes are cop magnets. Cause I got pulled over on one yesterday, haha that's a first. Wonder if it was the fart pipe....
The only time I didn't recieve a ticket after being pulled over was the other day for this drug bullshit.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
lets clear things up. The plate is on the car, I have not recieved a speedingg ticket in 2 years, legitimate nys inspection, a valid drivers license, loud exhaust thats a matter of opinion.

In your neck of the woods cops have alot more to worry about then ******* with kids with sports cars. Up here in west bumblefuck there isn't much crime at all and drug busts are scarce to say the least.That is a different story from NYC. They have to worry about terrorism on top of drugs crime etc....

The only time I didn't recieve a ticket after being pulled over was the other day for this drug bullshit.
Yes now these violations are corrected...but when you were originally stopped your plate was off, your inspection/license was expired, your taillight was out and you were speeding....so whats your point....man up...you were in violation. Its not the officers fault you paint a target on your back. As for exhaust...its not a matter of opinion...for reference check NYS-VTL Section 375,subsection 31.
And by the way, im in the business and crime isnt as "scarce" here as you think.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
Yes now these violations are corrected...but when you were originally stopped your plate was off, your inspection/license was expired, your taillight was out and you were speeding....so whats your point....man up...you were in violation. Its not the officers fault you paint a target on your back. As for exhaust...its not a matter of opinion...for reference check NYS-VTL Section 375,subsection 31.
And by the way, im in the business and crime isnt as "scarce" here as you think.
Haha I should have known you were a cop. So please answer me this one simple question: why would an officer of the law ask if I have drugs in my car after being pulled over for my exhaust? The only thing in plain view was some college text books and a ps3 game which I was on my way to return. He even watched me open my center console for my license, I had nothing to hide. There was no odor of marijuana/cocaine (if cocaine even has an odor?), ABSOLUTELY no reason to think this. Him making my buddy empty his pockets was not only disrespectful but just wrong, actually pathetic is more like it. He was trying to find something that simply was NOT there. Also since this specific officer was on such a drug kick and you're in the "business", if I didn't allow him to search why would one not call the k-9 unit since he kept asking about drugs?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your 22 or so years old right? Guess what a lot of 22 year olds smoke pot, do other drugs and carry. You're still part of the young crowd. Why are you so offended? It's standard questions he asked. I have been asked if i have any drugs or weapons in the car, i was not offended and i was pulled over so he could check to see if i had mufflers. They are just doing their jobs, whether you like it or not he had a reason to pull you over. Not just cause you drive an f-body. The fact that you had an attitude when you replyed with "So my loud exhaust has led you to believe I have drugs in the car?" That pissed him off, not he is going to make sure to be a dick and waste your time and find any and every reason to ticket you.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

put a front plate on your car for starters, make sure you have your damn license on you. always check that all your lights work before going driving.

stop being an idiot, i mean seriously. even if the cop is a total ******* just be nice because if he wants to be a complete ******* and **** you over, he can. good on not consenting to searches, but your friend shouldn't have gave him the time of day. loud exhaust? just tell him you have a leak and you're working on it. or if its like around here, you can get the ticket thrown out easy because there is no decibel limit established - its kind of like if he thought it was, then it is. but oftentimes you can go to court and show the judge esp after putting a chokier muffler back on the car and then they'll reduce or throw it out.

are you sure you were trolling for cops riding in low gear? because it sounds like you might have. i always upshift around cops so that engine speed would be brought down and it will be less loud since its closer to idle. cops around here have better **** to do anyways so maybe you're just unlucky.

oh, and get rid of the tint, fifty cent. you're not riding around in a limousine

Quick Reply: Fbody-cop magnet?