Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NFL Fans: After 3 Weeks. How do you feel about your team now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NFL Fans: After 3 Weeks. How do you feel about your team now?

As some would say, you can't predict what a team does in the off season, nor in pre-season but now since we have gotten 3 weeks in (with exception of the Monday Night game), how do you feel about your team and what predictions do you have now?

Disclaimer-

I am a Vikings Fan, been so since Jim McMahon played for them in 1993. But in the NE I often do not get games and even now, I refuse to get the NFL network as most times Sundays are busy but I have gotten time to watch all 3 games this season.

Vikings historically could never defend against the pass and often could put up points but if they were not 20+ points ahead, a few big mistakes often costed games. Also the Viks have done exceptionally well with Vet. QB's such as McMahon, Warren Moon, Jeff George, and now Brett Farve.

With the addition of Percy Harvin and I will say it now "Future Hall of Famer" Adrian Peterson I think they have a legit shot at a play off spot. I love Farve playing and he is still a "throw it up there and pray guy" but I was on the edge of the couch for the 49'ers game.

The one worry I have is that Brett has been producing, but in all 3 games, that have not put up a huge lead, and for weaker teams like the Lions and the Browns that was scary and the 49'ers is not a weak squad, i worry about down the line.

I have always been a Denny Greene fan when he was with the Vikes but Childress has done alot to make this team work and I expect at least to win their division.

I may not get to see the GB as I am going to the Red Sox's last home game but it is a 1pm game so we will see.

** how about your team, any thoughts?? **
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baltimore actually has an offense now
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Fireball
Baltimore actually has an offense now
That will be a good game, I am thinking that is week 6. I am hoping that it is Brett getting used to calls as he is not going to change his ways, the team needs to change w/ him.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pats fan here...pretty unhappy with the ability to put it in the endzone especially with the amount of talent on the offense. Defense is plagued with injuries but they are doing their job. Field goals cant always win a game. I think Brady will get better as the season progresses but they should def. be 3-0 right now...the vikings do look pretty good this year, that niners game was a great one. AP is just a machine
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by 98hardtopSS
Pats fan here...pretty unhappy with the ability to put it in the endzone especially with the amount of talent on the offense. Defense is plagued with injuries but they are doing their job. Field goals cant always win a game. I think Brady will get better as the season progresses but they should def. be 3-0 right now...the vikings do look pretty good this year, that niners game was a great one. AP is just a machine
yea he is, I nearly shitted myself when that easy 3 pt was blocked, recovered and ran for a TD. Frankly Harvin's return for TD and Farve's Hail Mary was the win for that game, which worries me. I do likie how Farve gets in there and will throw blocks.

NE I think will have their pains but will be in the Play offs. NYG just crushed TB off the field, it was not even funny.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Skins here. All I can really do is just shake my head. I have them going 6-10 on the year.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by F-117HWK
Skins here. All I can really do is just shake my head. I have them going 6-10 on the year.
at least they helped the lions with their first win in a year and a half!!

They looked awful yesterday...did haynesworth come back??
Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Steelers making me
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Dallas fan here-

Im sure they will do just fine against Carolina tonight. Even though they have Barber listed as "questionable" i doubt he will play(If Wade Phillips is smart). Felix Jones and Tarshard Choice are pretty decent backups for him, even though they dont exactly carry the freight train momentum he does. The passing game seems to be keeping their own so far this season even without the infamous T.O. As long as they keep their fingers sticky and eyes on the ball, i foresee them going pretty far this season. What goes hand in hand with that is good ol' Tony Romo. This guy is just about as surprising every week as..well..an NFL game (ex: Skins vs. Lions). Coming off 3 turnovers last week, he's got a lot to live up to ESPECIALLY after his little apology speech post game. If Tony can keep his head in the game and stop staring at the pretty blondes in the crowd, he'll do fine this season. This year, Dallas should go a decent length in the post season, just not all the way yet..maybe next year

Oh, i forgot about defense...Demarcus Ware, keep up the good work..Flozell Adams, Marc Coloumbo- lets keep the offsides, holding and tripping penalties to a minimum (yes, i know they are the offensive line but i forgot them)
Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Teching In

i had to turn the redskins game off because i was about to punch a hole through the tv. i try to make it to all their home games, but i think ill stay home next sunday and save like $200!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Skins fan here. Just keep shaking my head. They are a mess, i predict 6-10 also. If we are lucky. We hardly beat the rams and lost to the lions...it's going to be a lonnngg season. One thing for damn sure is i'm going to save a lot of money unless they shape up and make me want to come to their home games. But for now...i'll pass.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

Titans fan here....It hurts....It hurts bad.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Skins fan here also but I think 6-10 is not looking good at this point losing to the worst team in the league. I guess they've taken over as the worst or 2nd worst team in the league. I predict them going 2-14 or 3-13 if they continue driving down to the 1 yard line and not converting. Oh and kicking field goals won't win many game either.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Scoring 30 plus points per game & a Ravens QB throwing for more than 300yds per game. Who are these guys? My Ravens have done nothing but impress with the Offense. Flacco has played great, McGahee has been awesome at getting yardage, Rice & McClain are doing good too, the receivers are looking good so far, especially Kelly Washington who is finally getting a chance to shine with a team and making making some great plays for first downs. Of course we still got the great Defense too. I truly think we've got a good realistic shot to put down the pass happy Pats this week and possibly even go all the way this year. I take it a game at a time but the Ravens are looking great so far IMO.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jets fan here and i feel really good about where this team is headed. Rex ryan has finally gave this team an identity and some fire, Not to mention one hell of a defense. And my man mark sanchez is playing great for a rookie. i couldnt be any happier. I cant wait to see how they do against NO this weekend.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1RawTA
Jets fan here and i feel really good about where this team is headed. Rex ryan has finally gave this team an identity and some fire, Not to mention one hell of a defense. And my man mark sanchez is playing great for a rookie. i couldnt be any happier. I cant wait to see how they do against NO this weekend.
I'm a jets fan and completely agree. Mark sanchez is the real deal and Rex ryan turned this defense right around. It's great seeing them at 3-0. Anyone play madden online ? lol
Old 09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Cowboys, im not suprised at the past two games and i still have a strong dislike for Romo. He is either amazing or horrible. Not good traits for a superbowl QB. Tonight will tell.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

Giants fan here!!!!! Pretty lucky to be 3-0.....Thanks T Romo!!
Was pretty nice spoiling the stadium opener!!
Have alot of injuries but still at 3-0 and getting healthy soon I hope.
2 division wins to boot.
Giants are in good shape-feelin' pretty good so far.

I saw that Brett Favre TD pass yesterday..WOW!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

LIONS SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!

nah but really im at pats fan and while 2-1 isnt too bad, they are really struggling in the red zone on offense
Old 09-28-2009, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jets fan here. Like stated above, I feel great about my team. Who knows how far we'll go, but I'd say we have a pretty good chance of getting atleast one playoff game outta this season.