Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Detailers in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailers in PA?

I searched, but didn't find much that is recent.

My mom's (black) Honda Pilot takes a beating... It doesn't get washed all too often and she uses it to haul my dog around all the time, so the interior has gotten slightly dirty. It is not a mess, so to speak, but it definitely could use a good detail.

I am decent with basic detailing (claybar, wax, etc.) but think it would be worth it to have it done "professionally."

- How much should a mid-range detail cost on an SUV? It doesn't need to be a show-car detail or anything, but I still want it to be more thorough than what I could do myself.

- Is there anyone in the Philly area (I am on the border of Bucks and Montgomery county, in Montgomeryville) who thinks they are up to the task? It probably wouldn't be until early spring, as its just going to get filthy from road salt this winter, I am just trying to see some options.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

I'll do it I love doing interiors and I am good with exteriors aswell, I can show you my car before and after pictures from when I first got it. I am located in philly
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the response. As I said, I won't be having it done till early Spring. For now I'm just trying to figure out prices and get some names for when I'm ready to do it. What would you charge?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

I would have to see how swirled it is.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a guy in Royersford that does amazing work. He's got some heavy duty equipment and like the best materials money can buy. Not sure that a honda would deserve something like that though - I think you are find with just normal wax. He does have a wax that is marine based that is perfect for winter though. PM me if you are interested and I'll see about getting you pricing.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by andrewzpsu
I have a guy in Royersford that does amazing work. He's got some heavy duty equipment and like the best materials money can buy. Not sure that a honda would deserve something like that though - I think you are find with just normal wax. He does have a wax that is marine based that is perfect for winter though. PM me if you are interested and I'll see about getting you pricing.
PM sent.

Anyone else that can actually give me a ballpark price?

I saw in an old thread that "The Alchemist" does detailing. Are you still around? I don't think you're too far from me.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want a run of the mill detailer your looking at 150.00, they'll clay/compound/polish the car and it'll come out perfect to the everyday person.

If your going to be **** and want the car to be defect free before a sealent/wax and after an alcohol wipedown; expect to spend 250.00 - 400.00 on the exterior.

The difference in the details could be a guy spending 6 hours on it or you giving up your truck for two days. It depends but from what you want expect to spend 150.00 to 200.00 on the exterior.

If it was an SUV, black and pretty beat up......that's three of the worst things you could present to a detailer. I wouldnt touch the truck for anything less than 350.00 and I'd want two days. I'm not the average guy detailing for a living though, I have a decent paying regular job, I barely have any free time and if I'm going to detail a car I really want it to come out perfect and if I give up my spare time (rarely have any whatsoever) it has to be worth it ($$$) to me.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

I have a guy. very good. MDMperformance auto detailing. located in west chester pa. pm me if you want his number
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

If you were up in this area and I had to guess, I would say around 350 to do it correctly.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info, guys. DIESO- There are no serious issues. Just some light swirls. Its also nice because it doesn't have awkward nooks and crannies or anything. It also has the base wheels, so no fancy rims to polish and all.

That price range sounds right to me... my moms worth it.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Nick Oakes.

Oakes Detailing in West Chester
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...play.php?f=178
Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC
Nick Oakes.

Oakes Detailing in West Chester
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...play.php?f=178
Yeah, I'm actually on TST (haven't posted in a while) and I saw that everyone supports him. I'll be keeping him in mind.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

I would probably charge about $200 for the exterior job, but I'm cheap Interiors are a different story.

It's always best to get a look at a job like that before you quote. People seem to have very different definitions of "not too bad."