Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

any lower NY/tri-state area people?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick speed owner tired to sell me a JUNK shortblock that he said was useable after driving 2+ hours to look at it and never telling me it had a huge gouge in the bore. Just Fyi.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by glocklimited9
Sick speed owner tired to sell me a JUNK shortblock that he said was useable after driving 2+ hours to look at it and never telling me it had a huge gouge in the bore. Just Fyi.
I would like to clarify this post before you try to bash my name. You drove 2 hours to look at and purchase the block which you examined with your own eyes. You then contacted me telling me your father wasn't happy with the condition of the block, but you were willing to take the lca's instead (not sure if you took the adjustable phb as well). You even said thank you before you left, correct? Thanks just needed to clear that one up I have +50 positive feedback as well as many satisfied customers. I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Launching!

who is in possession of the block as of right now? I have dealt with Charlie multiple times and never had a problem. By looking at his feedback, one can imply he is a great person to deal with. I don't know what went on, but I am sure he wouldnt sell you a bad block. If you looked at it and said thankyou, sounds like you brought it home. Probably would have been a good idea to take your old man with you...use that as future reference...free advice for you glocklimited
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

charles at sick speed worked on 2 of my cars (rx7/LS1 and c5) and I love his honest, no-pressure approach. I will continue to use him
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Never knew about sick speed before, good to see a burgeoning LSx shop only about 40 minutes away from my house! They should consider becoming a sponsor, at least in the eastern section.

FWIW I've always had good fortune with Eastside for the little bit of work I have shops do, although I don't know if they're a sponsor anymore, hard to keep up.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

They might be a hike for you being in Westchester but East Coast Supercharging and Tune Time Performance (not to be confused with TT Performance)