Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2000 Buick Century Detail Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow 2000 Buick Century Detail Pics inside

Hey everyone,

This is my second car that I have done using a Meguire's system and I am still learning. I hope you enjoy the pics. This is my daily driver and I am quite proud of her. She has 65k on the clock, and decently taken care of, it belonged to a elderly aunt of mine and my idiot cousin was borrowing it before her death and got the gash on the rear quarter and got it keyed. Other then that, its pretty damn good.

Thankfully it is a lighter color and I realized that my 10" orbital is not enough to work out swirls on it's own. I am going to try working it by hand until I can work up to a Porter Cable or GV type buffer which should be this summer. It has swirls, if your looking for swirls. It's very smooth to the touch and sheets water like crazy.

Feel free to comment.

My process was....

Rinse
Wash- Gold Class
Rinse- Used some spray detailer too for luberication
Claybar- Meg's
Rinse- Final
Dry
Swirl X (only worked the hood, gave up until the next car)
#7 Glaze
NXT 2.0
#26 Hi Tech
Ult. Quick Detailer- Next Day

Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can still keep the machine you have now to put on wax/sealent a little quicker. It's weak but you can always find a use for it.

Depending on the cash you have when you get a new polisher, at least look at the Cyclo machine.

I'm itching to get my own car done, I just need to get some minor swirls out. I'm going to try something new........polishing a very very very expensive clear film paint protection. It's got me a little nervous, we'll see if I f*ck up something really expensive or get the swirls out. When they apply the clear film they use this rubber/plastic blade and it leaves behind alot of little swirls. The clear film can be polished but man do you not want to mess it up.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
You can still keep the machine you have now to put on wax/sealent a little quicker. It's weak but you can always find a use for it.

Depending on the cash you have when you get a new polisher, at least look at the Cyclo machine.

I'm itching to get my own car done, I just need to get some minor swirls out. I'm going to try something new........polishing a very very very expensive clear film paint protection. It's got me a little nervous, we'll see if I f*ck up something really expensive or get the swirls out. When they apply the clear film they use this rubber/plastic blade and it leaves behind alot of little swirls. The clear film can be polished but man do you not want to mess it up.
Definitly, Thats the plan, keep it so It speads it quickers and works it a little. I just wont expect it to do anything serious.

This time around my #7 Glaze did not dry out too quickly so that came off easier. Some have mentioned that the Hi tech #26 was a little overkill but I think it came out awesome. I still need to try on a dark colored car but I expect that layer of Carnuba and then a Booster like Ult Quick Detailer will yield spectacular results.

I will def be checking out the Cyclo, I have seen that name passed around a few times.

Def be careful with that stuff, def a test spot in a inconspicuious place is in order. Keep me posted!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Internet Mechanic

Update:

Car beads water very nicely, sheets off on the freeway

I already set up the expectation for a July Birthday to get a DA orbital
Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Update:

Car beads water very nicely, sheets off on the freeway

I already set up the expectation for a July Birthday to get a DA orbital
Get the Meguiars G110v2. So far it is the best of the DA's out there. I own one of each of them.