Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Update on the LT Dan race car

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Ok Guys stop blowing Lt.Dan.... It sounds like crap it isnt even tuned...
...tisk tisk
Old 03-30-2010, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol
Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome stuff, Dan! Thank you for doing the Firehawk name justice My dreams can live vicariously through you. I gotta come see you race this season...
Old 04-01-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good, cant wait to see it move
Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

LT Dan, can you post a date so everybody can take that day off to see both of you race side by side. A place would be nice too.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Epic Fail.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS123
LT Dan, can you post a date so everybody can take that day off to see both of you race side by side. A place would be nice too.
Yes please Lt.Danoh whats the date? Would this constitute as a MANdate for you and mikep???
Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

so I helped Lt. Dan out tonight. dialed in the VE table for the new cam, it really was nice because VE table wasn't really that far out, unlike me who started from a stock VE table and had to work from there.

I must say it does PULL!!!! we did some testing on Dan's Mexi mile, I was watching the computer & just praying he kept her outta the guard rail.

So we fucked around w/ that for awhile, went back let the car cool down alittle, then my genius self said "hey, i'll set that PID up so you can monitor boost right away w/o having to do the conversion"

well when i did that, i set something up wrong and it TOTALLY fucked up the scanner readings. @ idle the scanner was reading like 20-25kpa of vacuum, when my baby cam doesn't even pull 40kpa. So after fucken around w/ that for 1/2" checking the MAP sensor and I realized it was the fucken PID i made. The VITT"s and F-bodys must have a different sensor number for the MAP.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
so I helped Lt. Dan out tonight. dialed in the VE table for the new cam, it really was nice because VE table wasn't really that far out, unlike me who started from a stock VE table and had to work from there.

I must say it does PULL!!!! we did some testing on Dan's Mexi mile, I was watching the computer & just praying he kept her outta the guard rail.

So we fucked around w/ that for awhile, went back let the car cool down alittle, then my genius self said "hey, i'll set that PID up so you can monitor boost right away w/o having to do the conversion"

well when i did that, i set something up wrong and it TOTALLY fucked up the scanner readings. @ idle the scanner was reading like 20-25kpa of vacuum, when my baby cam doesn't even pull 40kpa. So after fucken around w/ that for 1/2" checking the MAP sensor and I realized it was the fucken PID i made. The VITT"s and F-bodys must have a different sensor number for the MAP.
Thanks again Dustin. Car feels really strong. Cage gets Certified tomorrow then in the next week or 2 I will be heading to the dyno to get the WOT stuff tuned in. Car just isn't safe to be doing pulls on the street
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5kid

Being its a race car did you have to sit on the milk crate in the passenger seat? Glad that car is finally coming along... Patiently waiting here... Get her done Lt.Danno
Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

this is going to be a good race to watch