Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Good track in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out beavers website. It always up to date. I had the same issue at numidia. Hook good initially then spin as I went full throttle. Best I ever got there on nittos was like a 1.8 or so
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fccs
Well I guess i'll give beaver springs a try
Good chioce. I live 45 minutes from Maple Grove (too crowded). About and hour from Island, (pathetic prep, lousy tech, crappy workers). An hour and a half from Englishtown, great track. And 2 + hours to Beaver Springs, and yet I go there most often. As the other guy said, the track is smooth and prep is unreal on Friday nights. We rent the track twice a year, check here for a rental at the end of the year.
If you decide to go up on a Friday night, let me know, I may go.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

After spending many years running my car at Beaver when I first got it, I prefer Numidia. Much smoother pad on the launch and I always ran faster at Numidia. I had some great times at Beaver, but it always seems to get way more crowded on Friday nights than Numidia.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well im not sure yet but I think im going to try beavers this friday with street tires just to see how it is. I'm not sure how anyone could prefer numidia, I've been going there for the past 3years and I always thought the track was a horrible piece of ****. Hell my daily driver a acura rsx s chirps 3rd there and spins like crazy. It's a little honda stock and it spins as much as my trans am at numidia, yet on the street its fine lol
Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
After spending many years running my car at Beaver when I first got it, I prefer Numidia. Much smoother pad on the launch and I always ran faster at Numidia. I had some great times at Beaver, but it always seems to get way more crowded on Friday nights than Numidia.
They resurfaced the track this winter, it's very smooth now. It was no too good in the past, I agree, but give it another try you'll be shocked how it hooks now.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Numidia is more serious.
BSD is more about family and having fun
Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting, well im willing to give beavers a try.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Launching!

To race you will need to buy a number, I believe its $5, it is good forever. You buy them at the trophy stand next to the snack bar. You will love tech, once you tech in, you get a tech sticker that is good for the whole month.

If you go over 100 mph, head up to the tower to get your sticker and name on the website... 100 mph club Thats me in the picture!

I cant go this week, but when you go back let me know...
Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

For those that like Beaver have any of you raced there with a manual? I swear the track isn't level up by the starting line. Everyone I know who has raced there with a manual bitches about how they roll back when the tree is lighting up.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

They also say that numidia is slightly uphill also. Who knows
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I like beaver. I've never had any problems up there with anything at all.

Everyone always seems to bitch about track prep, but I've definitely never had an issue with that. I can get the front left off the ground up there and pull consistent 1.6x 60' foots with a 255 radial... how bad can it be?

Last edited by giiventofly; 07-01-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I pulled better #s at Numidia......but I'll chime in that the Beav feels more comfortable. The announcer talks **** on people too which can be quite entertaining.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
For those that like Beaver have any of you raced there with a manual? I swear the track isn't level up by the starting line. Everyone I know who has raced there with a manual bitches about how they roll back when the tree is lighting up.
Used to happen to me all the time there, it was resurfaced this winter. Mo longer a problem.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:00 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beaver was the only place I had raced, but I haven't raced there for probably 5 years. It is slightly uphill, and you would roll if a stick car, but from the replies above that must have changed.

I always wanted to try Numidia as I heard good things about it, but I never made it up there. Now that I'm in Pittsburgh, I'll end up going to PRP when I happen to get another car.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
i keep hearing that every site i go on. from sites like this one to local ricer sites filled with cars that do 17 seconds.
drifting back can happen at any track. all it takes is a strong enough breeze. also happens when you try to pre load the suspension.
spend some money on a line loc. helps prevent roll back and helps on burn outs
Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I work at Numidia.

The elevation is enough to drop you about 2 tens in "good air" ( that's what I drop compared to E-town and Island and it's in the 2nd half). That said, the weather was crap for making power Friday so you probably dropped even more? Friday nights aren't good for trying to run certain numbers, its basically all street tires cars spinning and tear up the track. (watch the guys dial up as the night goes on).

If you're looking to run a certain number, I'd suggest waiting for better weather or come on a Saturday T~N~T, we normally get about 40 cars, and a fair percentage are dragster that help keep the rubber on the track. and you can make 15-20 passes no problem! If you wanted to hot lap I'd bet 30-40 passes. Just not when we run the $20 TNT from s 9-5, the track gets crowded!

Can also come on a Sunday, there are very few street tire cars, but you'll most likely only get about 5-6 runs in between the points racing classes. Sunday TNT runs are after Superpro, you'll have a good starting line!

The track is actually very good. had allot of guys run personal best earlier in the season and the AHDRA set 3 national records just a few weeks ago.

John

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 07-07-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I speel badly!