Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Capitol Raceway this Friday July 2nd who's in???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zturd
Well if this doesnt work. We're going to wrap my entire car in pink painters tape with Kotex written on it and take it to cecil. Have a friend tech it in and see what happens from there LMAO! And the sad part is we're not kidding!
Don't forget the rip cord!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

You and Mike have to be the two lamest people ever...you both claim that you LOVE to go racing and always seem to be chasing some magical elaped time, but bitch and moan about having to spend a few dollars on safety equipment required by sanctioning bodies. A freaking rollbar probably costs less than a new set of tires on those things...

either man up or STFU

capital will ride you VERY VERY hard about safety equipment...one of the stricter tracks I've seen.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fireball
You and Mike have to be the two lamest people ever...you both claim that you LOVE to go racing and always seem to be chasing some magical elaped time, but bitch and moan about having to spend a few dollars on safety equipment required by sanctioning bodies. A freaking rollbar probably costs less than a new set of tires on those things...

either man up or STFU

capital will ride you VERY VERY hard about safety equipment...one of the stricter tracks I've seen.
Fireball typically I find alot of your information/experience helpful and knowledgeable. However this statement must have came from your ******* cause thats where your head is.

The additional equipment for Mr.MikeP to run 9's in his daily driven street car beyond the point of making it pretty much a race car only thing at that point and unsafe to drive on the street w/o a helmet is near $2000.00. Not sure what tires you're buying that cost that but back off the meth then!
Now my car.... Maybe when your head was up your *** you didnt remember that the C6Z06 has a aluminum frame that NO ONE... I repeat NO ONE makes a 5pt or 6pt bolt in bar or weld in for that car. Several C6Z06 fabricators stay away from drilling holes into the aluminum frame due to strength/integrity can be compromised. However Pheonix Racing in Pa. will put in a bar for $10,000 for you though. So once again not sure what tires you're buying for $10,000 but hopefully you run 1's in the 1/4mi and 2's in the mile with them. So please before showing complete ignorance about the equipment for our cars Stick with Fbodies their chief thank you very much!

Plus its one thing to hack a interior up and welded cutting on a POS old car that you dont care about. However cutting up a clean, nice car is ashame. IN MY OPINION! Also the rules are so far out of date for equipment needed is pathetic. Cars now have air bags, collapsing frames, drop out motor mount designs, door bars/beams, crush zones etc etc etc. NHRA is not taking these things into account. Now I agree the stuff is there to protect us and heaven forbid something would happen. But if you're gonna make rules like that... there should be a better information taken into account every year with each model not so much of rules for a 55 chevy to make it down the track safely.

Last edited by Zturd; 07-01-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

either man up or STFU

lol x2
Old 07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

I repeat NO ONE makes a 5pt or 6pt bolt in bar or weld in for that car.
Maybe you should of thought of this before you bought the car??

Tell ya what, I'll trade you a very clean, Silver Sky. I know they make cages for them, but the biggest thing is you won't have to worry about running anything faster than a 13.xx
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Fireball typically I find alot of your information/experience helpful and knowledgeable. However this statement must have came from your ******* cause thats where your head is.

The additional equipment for Mr.MikeP to run 9's in his daily driven street car beyond the point of making it pretty much a race car only thing at that point and unsafe to drive on the street w/o a helmet is near $2000.00. Not sure what tires you're buying that cost that but back off the meth then!
Now my car.... Maybe when your head was up your *** you didnt remember that the C6Z06 has a aluminum frame that NO ONE... I repeat NO ONE makes a 5pt or 6pt bolt in bar or weld in for that car. Several C6Z06 fabricators stay away from drilling holes into the aluminum frame due to strength/integrity can be compromised. However Pheonix Racing in Pa. will put in a bar for $10,000 for you though. So once again not sure what tires you're buying for $10,000 but hopefully you run 1's in the 1/4mi and 2's in the mile with them. So please before showing complete ignorance about the equipment for our cars Stick with Fbodies their chief thank you very much!

Plus its one thing to hack a interior up and welded cutting on a POS old car that you dont care about. However cutting up a clean, nice car is ashame. IN MY OPINION! Also the rules are so far out of date for equipment needed is pathetic. Cars now have air bags, collapsing frames, drop out motor mount designs, door bars/beams, crush zones etc etc etc. NHRA is not taking these things into account. Now I agree the stuff is there to protect us and heaven forbid something would happen. But if you're gonna make rules like that... there should be a better information taken into account every year with each model not so much of rules for a 55 chevy to make it down the track safely.

its not my fault you bought an aluminum-framed C6 nor the fact that you keep making it faster and faster and wonder why you *** keeps getting thrown out...maybe you should just give up on racing if you can't pay to play. If you wanted a car to drag race...buy something more traditional

OEM safety equipment is designed for traditional speed impact, not 130+ mph impacts into jersey walls...or if you get staged up against a 3000 hp monster that may make a unplanned right turn into your path.

NHRA has been VERY generous to follow IHRA tradition and relax on their old rollbar rules from 11.99 to 11.49

Ok...my tire comment was just a jab, but seriously how much did those fancy headers, etc run you? Everyone is quick to drop thousands into making them faster, but cry when they need to spend on making them safer.

Last edited by Fireball; 07-01-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok...my tire comment was just a jab, but seriously how much did those fancy headers, etc run you? Everyone is quick to drop thousands into making them faster, but cry when they need to spend on making them safer.

the cutting up the car comment don't hold water...lots of folks who bought brand new f-bodies back in the day tried the same argument...
Fancy headers and xpipe $800.00!!! All mods done to the car less than $2k. Far cry from $10k for a roll bar to put properly put into a aluminum framed car and its a jungle gym. Now you just spent $10k to make the value of your car and cut it in half. Now your C6Z06 is worth $25k to the RIGHT buyer. We part time race and like to have fun. I'm not saying we should be exempt from the rules but really. To run 2-3 passes in the lower 11's high 10's or even mid 10's in a newer car that is a FULL frame car unlike the Fbody and 95% of the cars made out there. Plus the corvette has had the hoop in the frame for years now in case of a roll over unlike almost every car out there. Relax on the corvette I understand and even the viper. I'm not familiar enough with the other models to say.

Last edited by Zturd; 07-01-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

How much do you have in those fancy parachute holder pieces? Do you feel your car is 100% to the T on all safety equipment? Do you have as much fun running your car with all the $$$$$, personal, and physical costs associated with it as you did running your car heads and cam that you drove to the track and home? I know the answer Fireball lets just hear you say it!!!! Racing is FUN to me.... it doesnt have to be a pay to play thing! Faster is funner to a point!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Bruce, make a roll bar and bolt it to the floor. I'm sure a couple tracks will think it's legit and not look at the mounting (Cecil) ?

How bout Maple Grove, Numidia, Beaver Springs? You could get at least 1 run at each of those before they boot you LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

How much do you have in those fancy parachute holder pieces? Do you feel your car is 100% to the T on all safety equipment? Do you have as much fun running your car with all the $$$$$, personal, and physical costs associated with it as you did running your car heads and cam that you drove to the track and home? I know the answer Fireball lets just hear you say it!!!! Racing is FUN to me.... it doesnt have to be a pay to play thing! Faster is funner to a point!
I have less than $100 in those pieces.

I actually have above and beyond what is required for me safety wise (for my et)...fire bottles, etc. I had all the safety equipment in my car before I was ever required...I've NEVER been thrown out of a track for that!

Faster is funner, but it always comes at a price. Going only 1 second faster is is costing me a buttload in required stuff
25.5 to 25.3 rollcage
SFI 3/15 fire suit
HANS device
two parachutes
rear wing for stability
etc

Its a dedicated track car...I have just as much "fun" working/building them as I do racing...its all relative. One of these days I'll get another quick street car...and if I choose to take that to the track...it too will have the proper safety equipment.

you could've kept your old vette and raced all you wanted...

maybe you should buy this
www.gtechpro.com

at least it doesn't require you to have any safety headaches like a rollbar, helmet when its hot, etc.

Last edited by Fireball; 07-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Already have one! wanna go do a pull on the street sometime and see what our Gtech Pros say?

Basically if you cant tell you hit a hot spot for me. If they made a 5point bar that attached to the car that was removable w/o cutting/hacking up the car other than carpet I would've done it. I think you girls would know that especially with doing it to the last car with regret but I did it. This car is a different story. Theres to many good points to the new car to ruin it with something like that. I drive my car alot and enjoy it. I do enjoy taking it to the track too.

You didnt answer the question I asked you though Fireball. You confirmed the answer but didnt say it!!! Come on little fellar.... come on i know you can
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

You didnt answer the question I asked you though Fireball. You confirmed the answer but didnt say it!!! Come on little fellar.... come on i know you can
what part...I was editing my post when you posted this...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Basically if you cant tell you hit a hot spot for me.
You 100% brought that on yourself. you wanted a bling-bling car that you can't get cheap safety parts for...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Long story short...don't expect capitol to turn a blind eye to your lack of safety equipment...maybe 75/80 will...who knows.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he is just pissed that he got the boot. The Tech guy thought the other faster black C6Z had a roll bar in it. And that the 2 guys in the Evo's one going 11.3 and the other going 10.6 with no roll bar didn't get the boot.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and he is pissed that I didn't post the videos yet
Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I think he is just pissed that he got the boot. The Tech guy thought the other faster black C6Z had a roll bar in it. And that the 2 guys in the Evo's one going 11.3 and the other going 10.6 with no roll bar didn't get the boot.
^This

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Oh and he is pissed that I didn't post the videos yet
and ^that

oh and that his Z06 is the slowest lowest HP bolt on Z06 in the world
Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Devilish34
^This

and ^that

oh and that his Z06 is the slowest lowest HP bolt on Z06 in the world
Agreed to all of the above!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Cecil threw me out to.. I told them the rule had been changed to 10.99 for vettes and vipers lol.. They looked it up and said this was not true. DUH!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONESLOWZO
Cecil threw me out to.. I told them the rule had been changed to 10.99 for vettes and vipers lol.. They looked it up and said this was not true. DUH!
lmao good try!!