Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

cops in ma can they LEGALLY do this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had good and bad experiences with cops. They can be nice people or jerks, they can be having a good day or a bad day, you never know what you're gonna get. It's the nature of our hobby that we're going to butt heads with them occasionally.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not gonna lie, NJ is Horrible! its not the state troopers who get you, its the city boys in the little towns. In the past 4 years iv payed over $4k for tickets, fines, court costs, etc. ALLL by the small town city cops! I thought it was just NJ but no0o0o0o0. I took a trip to Fl last year just to get away for a week and drove down. Tell me how in my GMC RST he pulls me over for nothing ( said i was a suspicious looking vehicle. WELL NO SH*T!) then proceeds to write me a ticket for no rear bumper when im not from the state and the truck hasnt been altered from the factory at all. completely stock! Tried explaining that it was limited edition blah blah blah. well after he hands me the one ticket, then searches me. On I-95, finds nothing. Goes back to his car and writes me and my passenger seat belt tickets. My passenger didnt even have a license! he lost it a couple months back. so tell me that isnt profiling and being a big d-bag.......?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a cop take the license plates off my car and make me give him my license from my wallet. Some of tougher then others.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

kelly square jeez I am there once a weekend never got messed with even when I was running a dump out for 4 months driving around in there
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think maybe the OP referred to his inspection sticker regarding the legality of some issues. In response he "challenged the cop". The worst thing you can do is act like you know more than a cop or push your own knowledge around. You can try and reason with them and explain how/why you know this. But in their opinion ,they know the law, your just a "punk @$$ little kid or dishwasher" regardless of who you really are.

The inspection stations answer to the state police. So really they can do whatever they want about the inspection sticker. If I were you I would be ready for a re-inspection when that cop spots you again. They can and will do anything in there power to f@$% with you if you **** them off.

In response to another post. F@@& them, NEVER let them search your car if they are giving you atittude. Next thing you know they'll have your seats tore out, a german sheperd scratching the f@ck out of your paint or god knows whatever other f@ckups they can make. Make them get a search warrant because they have to have probable cause. Eating at Mcdonalds, As bad as that may be, is not probable cause that your a drug addict/dealer.

Last edited by The stunningman; 11-28-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Teching In

just got done reading all this and the stops the cops made and what not. alot of you are saying you been pulled over for no reason. which in that case is a unlawful stop for having nothing to pull you over for in the first place which can be taken to court. and him checking your lights, signals, horn, wipers, all that other stuff was to give him a reason to write you a ticket. dont tell a cop he can search your car because you just gave him consent to do so. even if you know you have nothing in there and he wants to think you do. its all officer discretion and the attitude of the op. if you get ticketed for anything and want to know if its right google your states general statute to check
Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Launching!

i used to live in lynn ma and in my experience cops in northeast mass and virginia suck
Old 11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C Murda
I know they can enforce it but thts what a ticket is for...the cop is not a licensed I spection station I don't see how he has the right to rip off my inspection sticker...what if I were a normal car that had passed inspection and months later the tires went bald and or exhaust is beggining to leak...you would just get a "fix it" ticket I don't see why he had to be such a pric and scrape off my inspection it's not like I was ******* around or being an idiot I was simply driving by...guy must hate Camaros or is a liberal O
prius driving loser...For the most part all cops love my car even had a statey pull me over just to check it out..
Did he scratch your windshield with his knife when he scraped the sticker off? Sounds like you deserve a new windshield.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

I got a pretty good ticket a few years ago at the summer nat's... Can't say I didn't deserve it though. (Three gear burnout with the QTP open and the line lock on, center lane, red light, main street...) Ticket was for disturbing the peace!!! WTF
Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Haha, gotta love Summer nats. Sorry to hear about your story, good luck with the appeal.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Well living in both ma and fla I can tell you ma cops suck period. I've got the dot thing by a brockton city cop. And then a week before my move I got a 250 ticket for trespassing at a wendys when there was no one else there and they were still open. The worst part was I had just pulled in and the 2 cops told that there sick of people hanging out here. I simply responded with I have never had a issue with anyone. He said well now you do. **** them.

I roll around on hoosiers and my cutout open without any issues down here.