Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

QTP GM EFI Race Make UP Date This Sat 11/13

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anonymous
No sure what you are saying? but...

Shawn's car is fast for what it is and I was sandbagging.
We wanted a close race and that's what we delivered.
I don't know what else to tell you?

But I have 8 second HP.

I was just saying I was surprised, would you expect a stock engine coupe blower car (cam-bla bla) to MPH the same as a Z06 427 on spray? I didn't mean anything else but that. No hidden digs, or second agenda, honest.

As far as the rest of what you wrote here though, I will say that you are only sandbagging if you have previously, or regularly ran faster, it states here that this was a PB for both of you, (congrats again) so you were not sand bagging, you are speculating. Nor do you "have 8 second HP", you are speculating that you should be able to make 8 second HP, (which I agree) but until you have, well then you simply have not.

I hope you don't take this offensively because I sincerely do not mean it that way, but this is racing we're talking about, and nothing is what it is, until it is what it is.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Allow me to clarify.
Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla,
I don't have the ***** to run 8 sec
Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla,
But I have 8 second HP.
Short version
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by 9secVette
As far as the rest of what you wrote here though, I will say that you are only sandbagging if you have previously, or regularly ran faster, it states here that this was a PB for both of you, (congrats again) so you were not sand bagging, you are speculating. Nor do you "have 8 second HP", you are speculating that you should be able to make 8 second HP, (which I agree) but until you have, well then you simply have not.
I don't have a cage, so I rarely have the opportunity to run it out.
When I was in St.Louis, I threw a 100 shot at it. (again bringing it in late)
I ran in the 9.90's but didn't want to get kicked out 1000 miles from home.
Not worth it, when I was there to index race.

Then for this race Shawn said 9.90's wasn't going to be enough, so I shot the 200, again with the delay and everything.
The motor makes over 600 hp NA. Nitrous is simple math, if I spray the 400 it is going to make 400 more.
(My car only needs 875 HP to go 8's) Whether or not I can get traction is another story.

Like I said its a big IF, if the car will actually go 8's, but it is certain that I can make 8 second power, even if I am off by 100+ HP. (which I'm not)
I believe I can get into the 8's with only a 250 to 300 shot.
The car has the best of the best parts in it, it will hold together it was built for Nitrous specifically.
But, I wouldn't ever tell anyone that it is an 8 second car, because it hasn't been in the 8's.
8 Second power Yes, 8 Second car, not yet.

I don't think I am speculating at all, when comparing to sandbagging I only ran as much as I thought I needed. I held back a considerable sum of HP and brought it in late. I call that sandbagging. I don't know what you would call it? Yes it was a personal best in that car, but only because I have not had the opportunity do it it anywhere else. I am absolutely certain that the car has much more in it.

I am trying to answer your questions as openly and honestly as I can, so you can get a perspective.
Without the facts I would wonder the same thing?
How could this race have been this close?
The answer is simple. Shawn's car was being pushed my car wasn't. I don't know what else to tell you?
He ran 9's back in 2007. I just got this car a year ago and have been index racing it NA and have just not had the chance to Test & Tune, to put up a big number.
A Week before, Shawn was at a track rental dialing in the car. He got it down from 9.87 in 2007 to 9.75 at the rental.
Then he busted out a nice 9.73 racing me. At the same time running a new PB. He did the right thing by preparing for the race and getting the car dialed it.

I just came out and threw up a 9.62 having never even sprayed the 200 before and put an ultra conservative tune in it because of that.
I brought the N2O in late, short shifted and everything to ensure I would be nowhere near the 7000 rpm rev limiter. I almost couldn't go any slower with a 200 shot.

You are free to think what you want.
I'm not here to change your mind.
Just trying to help you see the entire picture since you expressed an interest.

Shawn & I are friends and both cars are awesome.
The Grudge Match was for fun.
Shawn was the underdog by all accounts, but technically he had gone faster than me.
We tried to keep it close and we succeeded.
I actually almost lost this race because I couldn't get the car to hook in the morning. Even NA. (I tried a set of old DR's)
So I put on a set of worn out MT ET Streets and they seemed to work better.
I can't wait to mount the new MT ET Street Radials I ordered!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Short version
You're kidding right?
I have been low 8's on a bike and have my NHRA license down to 7.50 in case you want to see it?

When you go 6's in a car, then you can start comparing ***** with a guy that has run 8's on a bike.

There are very few places I can race my car and put up a number without upsetting people. It's opportunity.
You know this.

I asked Shawn to race at a rental, but everyone wanted to see it, so we did it on Saturday.

You know I have 8 second power, that isn't even a question.
You know owned this car before me.
There was no expense spared.

This 9.62 pass was just a glimpse, and its built to do it over and over again.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

there goes that damn bike again

and just in case you are not aware..it is not built to do it over and over cannot do it over and over again cause you have no cage!!!!! Small piece of the built puzzle to run it over and over again is missing bra'.

by my count, Shawn has as many if not more 9-second passes than you do
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club

this is racing we're talking about, and nothing is what it is, until it is what it is.
Truer words never said.
I was never one for the bench racing myself. That 427 on a 200 hit, I don't think, will run 8's. I think it would take a 250 hit, in Steve's vette to break 8's. consistently.
BUT, at 142 mph with a relatively soft 60' at 1.40, should be a low 9.5, 9.4. A 250 hit may get him in the 8.9range but it would have to hit at the gate to do it at there lies the problem. Getting it to leave right on the hit, out the gate. I also thnk he will need to ditch the hydraulic roller set up to hit it that hard (or harder) and lets not forget the added weight of a legal cage to do it consistently and MUCH better tire (bigger too)
What you think, everyone can run a # with a hydraulic set up?

Does Steve's vette have potential to run 8's? absolutely.
Will he do what's needed to make it happen? I think he will. in time.
As far as Franks throttle being 68%, actually he was showing me on Sat the throttle position at full throttle and I must say-looks about 68% ,maybe 69. No BS.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Teching In

well then, you simply have not.

Adios.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Yeah but it's GOTTA kill you to run 9.1, 9.0 ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! C'mon!
Mark is does, But We like going rounds and not so much for Records, You Know Us we just like to race....and we Did beat Steve two times on Saturday...LOL....Sorry Steve....
Old 11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have a cage, so I rarely have the opportunity to run it out.
When I was in St.Louis, I threw a 100 shot at it. (again bringing it in late)
I ran in the 9.90's but didn't want to get kicked out 1000 miles from home.
Not worth it, when I was there to index race.

Then for this race Shawn said 9.90's wasn't going to be enough, so I shot the 200, again with the delay and everything.
The motor makes over 600 hp NA. Nitrous is simple math, if I spray the 400 it is going to make 400 more.
(My car only needs 875 HP to go 8's) Whether or not I can get traction is another story.

Like I said its a big IF, if the car will actually go 8's, but it is certain that I can make 8 second power, even if I am off by 100+ HP. (which I'm not)
I believe I can get into the 8's with only a 250 to 300 shot.
The car has the best of the best parts in it, it will hold together it was built for Nitrous specifically.
But, I wouldn't ever tell anyone that it is an 8 second car, because it hasn't been in the 8's.
8 Second power Yes, 8 Second car, not yet.

I don't think I am speculating at all, when comparing to sandbagging I only ran as much as I thought I needed. I held back a considerable sum of HP and brought it in late. I call that sandbagging. I don't know what you would call it? Yes it was a personal best in that car, but only because I have not had the opportunity do it it anywhere else. I am absolutely certain that the car has much more in it.

I am trying to answer your questions as openly and honestly as I can, so you can get a perspective.
Without the facts I would wonder the same thing?
How could this race have been this close?
The answer is simple. Shawn's car was being pushed my car wasn't. I don't know what else to tell you?
He ran 9's back in 2007. I just got this car a year ago and have been index racing it NA and have just not had the chance to Test & Tune, to put up a big number.
A Week before, Shawn was at a track rental dialing in the car. He got it down from 9.87 in 2007 to 9.75 at the rental.
Then he busted out a nice 9.73 racing me. At the same time running a new PB. He did the right thing by preparing for the race and getting the car dialed it.

I just came out and threw up a 9.62 having never even sprayed the 200 before and put an ultra conservative tune in it because of that.
I brought the N2O in late, short shifted and everything to ensure I would be nowhere near the 7000 rpm rev limiter. I almost couldn't go any slower with a 200 shot.

You are free to think what you want.
I'm not here to change your mind.
Just trying to help you see the entire picture since you expressed an interest.

Shawn & I are friends and both cars are awesome.
The Grudge Match was for fun.
Shawn was the underdog by all accounts, but technically he had gone faster than me.
We tried to keep it close and we succeeded.
I actually almost lost this race because I couldn't get the car to hook in the morning. Even NA. (I tried a set of old DR's)
So I put on a set of worn out MT ET Streets and they seemed to work better.
I can't wait to mount the new MT ET Street Radials I ordered!

Gee Man .. your giving me to much to read !!!! please keep this short ...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by REDGAR
there goes that damn bike again

and just in case you are not aware..it is not built to do it over and over cannot do it over and over again cause you have no cage!!!!! Small piece of the built puzzle to run it over and over again is missing bra'.

by my count, Shawn has as many if not more 9-second passes than you do
Just because you can't ride a bicycle...don't be a hater on the drag bikes.
You know it takes ***** to ride a bike, if you don't think so, then I would like to see you make a 10 second pass on one?
Maybe Jay would like to show me how to ride a drag bike?

Shawn has more 9 second passes because he has made more illegal runs, but that doesn't mean its not a 9 second car?
Same for my car, same for your car.
I don't know what to tell you, besides you're statement is irrelevant.

Rules don't mean anything, if the car can run it, the car can run it.
Go tell that to the street racers. So spare me.

Finally, all I stated was that I was making 8 second power, that is called math or power to weight.
I never said it WAS an 8 second car, because I have not done it yet.
I only said that because I was trying to explain the true difference between the cars mentioned above.

You guys love to split hairs.
If you guys want to buy me a full cage, worthy of my car (read from a top of the line shop) then I will run the number for you.

When any of you guys can run 4's in the 1/8th or seven's in the 1/4, on a 275 Drag Radial or 8.5 inch slick, then I will listen to what you have to say.

Redgar, I know how fast your car is.
4DRUSH, I know how fast your car is.
my first GTO, I know how fast your car is.
tektrans, I know how fast your car was.
Firehawk441, I know how fast your car was and how fast it is going to be.

9secVette, How fast is your car?
What combination are you running?
Maybe you would like to race Shawn, its basically a stock car with a blower?
Should be easy pickins, right?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla

10 sec pass on a bike, what's that? Like 130mph? Come on, I would at least like to make a 9 sec pass, then go from there.

I started riding at 12, started Moto-X at 16, quit street riding at 23 when I decided my days were numbered if I didn't.
Never thought about taking it to the track back then.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

**** i went to dragbike.com and people were talking about their corvettes
lol...math is not speculative it is real....and your 9-second passes don't mathematically make it an 8 second capable or anything. Keep your 8-second pass thoughts in your dreams where they belong, your bike comments on www.whocaresaboutbikeshere.com and requests for people to buy you stuff for your "john's".

By the way does your math tell you that 9secvette has a 9 second vette? really it could go 8's if you do all the math LOL.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Launching!

And who is posting with the screen name 9secvette from Pa??????????
Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by REDGAR
math is not speculative it is real....
Exactly, look up any performance calculator.
It's power to weight ratio.

After that, its getting it to the ground.

After that it is reliability.

I have two of the three.
You have none. LOL

All that matters is that MY Vette is Faster Than YOURS!
And so is Mike's, Sonny's, Shawn's, Jay's, Dave's, Doug's, etc...LOL

You better start doing something about that and stop worrying about what I post.... LOL

Oh but wait, you don't have a cage.
So even if you ran 6's at 230, you really didn't, because you are not NHRA "Legal"!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM
10 second playa

I started riding at 12, started Moto-X at 16, quit street riding at 23 when I decided my days were numbered if I didn't.
Never thought about taking it to the track back then.
That's cool, at least you rode.
I started on dirt bikes at around 9 or 10?
I had a Honda XR80.
Rode mini bikes before that.

Never stopped riding, still have about 4 bikes, only 2 are streetable.

I had an AMA & WERA road racing license too, but its expired now.
I have been to the Team Hammer Suzuki School at Pocono and the California Superbike School up in Louden NH.

Bikes are the best.
Just a little dangerous is you crash.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
10 second playa

And who is posting with the screen name 9secvette from Pa??????????
Yeah and been signed up since 2006, but only has 13 posts to date and half of them are in this thread.

I have my ideas.
Its an extra/spare sign on for someone we already know.

A 9 Second Vette is probably in their dreams.
A keyboard racer for sure.
They probably have a 15 second Monte Carlo SS.

Maybe I should have made my screen name: NHRA Top Fuel Champion!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread if funny
Old 11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Old 11-18-2010, 06:21 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 440lsx
lmao...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Yeah and been signed up since 2006, but only has 13 posts to date and half of them are in this thread
From the posts, sounds like he/she thinks your car is slow for what it is.

He/she makes a good point, I never thought about it before.